♡ January Snowdrops 2019 ♡

Congratulations molly! She’s beautiful!

thank you for the support girls :) Turns out it wasn’t water. We’re quite relieved in a way because it means I wouldn’t have to be induced but at the same time I’m desperate to get her out!

Giggle I can sympathise with the crazy movement! This one does the same thing, my bump isn’t especially big but it amazes me she has the room to move like she does!

Missmarple have you tried perineal massage? We’re always encouraged to do it here to make the stretching easier/less chance of tearing.

Country maybe this one will be early, at least you’ll be prepared. Isn’t it just the way though when you’re prepared as you are and they make you wait? Typical!

Hi kiwi! I’d wondered where you’d gone! Hope everything’s okay :)

W8ting since everything’s stretched out already hopefully it won’t again.. that’s the logic I’m hoping for !

Molly: Jesse's so beautiful congratulations!! How far along were you when she was born, a little over 37 weeks?

Sorry I haven't replied to any of you lovely ladies, I'll be able to make a big post later.

I was just 37+2

Thanks for all the encouragement everyone it truly means a lot. I'm just praying for her to be ok for my milk to come in asap.

Congratulations Molly! Jaundice is also common in babies born earlier than due date apparently. I was induced and had my daughter at 38+5 and she had jaundice where my term babies didn’t! I hope you and Jesse get to go home soon

Molly, congrats! Jesse is beautiful <3

Ems, good that you have some clarification. That fainting spell sounded a bit frightening, but honestly I wouldn't be too embarrassed about a little urine sneaking out of a heavily pregnant mom - lol, it's happened to me a time or two without losing consciousness ;)

On a related note to the peeing - I've been going to pelvic health physio to strengthen my pelvic floor, and it has been amazing (it's the clinic I work at, so I'm a bit biased, but it really is awesome!) And the plus is that my physio does perineal massage for me at every appointment from 35 weeks and on.

My midwife called yesterday with ultrasound results and everything looks okay. Baby is just estimated to be about 6lbs... So tiny compared to her brothers (9 lbs 3 oz and 8 lbs 14 oz) - though they're often wrong on those weight estimates!

Molly: 37+2 is still really good!! You made it to term!! It does take some time, even 2-3 days for milk to actually come in. You are getting colostrum though right? Have you been pumping to help it come in faster while Jesse is on the bili light?

Ladies I've been having really frequent Braxton Hicks. At first they started in the front but now it's starting in the back and working its way to the front. I also feel a little bit of back pressure. I'm starting to time them using an app on my phone. Any thoughts about this? This is New territory for me being term. About to go take a bath and make sure that I have everything I need for the hospital just in case. I'm sorry I haven't responded to any of you ladies yet but I have been reading the responses.

Molly try and be patient.. my milk takes like 5 days to come in..just make sure you keep nursing/pumping as much as possible to stimulate your supply

Kiwi, start timing them. But I suggest drinking a bunch of water and having a bath. Braxton Hicks will fizzle out or stop and regular contactions will just keep getting more intense.
I literally have Braxton Hicks all day long now

I've been timing them, I also took a bath. I had at least four Braxton Hicks while taking a bath, it was a little harder to tell sitting down like that. I didn't record them though because my phone has a crack in the screen and I didn't want to mess it up with wet hands. Here's what I've recorded before my bath, I deleted the data and I'm starting over now that I'm out of the bath. This doesn't include all of the Braxton Hicks that I had, just when I started recording. I would say they started about two hours before that. I know it's probably just a false alarm, but I'm too excited.

Length: 0m 54s
Time apart: –
Start & end time: 10:05 am - 10:06 am
Date: Dec 30, 2018

Length: 0m 58s
Time apart: 7m 36s
Start & end time: 9:58 am - 9:59 am

Length: 1m 5s
Time apart: 10m 55s
Start & end time: 9:47 am - 9:48 am

Length: 1m 7s
Time apart: 2m 11s
Start & end time: 9:44 am - 9:46 am

Length: 0m 59s
Time apart: 6m 8s
Start & end time: 9:38 am - 9:39 am

They are starting to get a little more painful but I'm not sure if it's because of the pajama pants I'm wearing or not.

It could be the start of sometjing, but they seem pretty sporadic still.. just keep and eye and see if they become more regular. They will become more of a pattern of its the real deal

Here's what I've recorded after my bath. I'm going to take a little rest while my boyfriend takes a shower and see if they stop or anyting.

Length: 0m 29s
Time apart: –
Start & end time: 11:24 am - 11:25 am

Length: 0m 48s
Time apart: 4m 18s
Start & end time: 11:20 am - 11:21 am

Length: 1m 4s
Time apart: 5m 18s
Start & end time: 11:15 am - 11:16 am

Length: 0m 50s
Time apart: 1m 45s
Start & end time: 11:13 am - 11:14 am

Length: 0m 40s
Time apart: 5m 33s
Start & end time: 11:07 am - 11:08 am

Length: 0m 35s
Time apart: 2m 36s
Start & end time: 11:05 am - 11:05 am

Length: 0m 48s
Time apart: 5m 0s
Start & end time: 11:00 am - 11:00 am

Length: 1m 5s
Time apart: 4m 44s
Start & end time: 10:55 am - 10:56 am

Length: 1m 29s
Time apart: 3m 45s
Start & end time: 10:51 am - 10:53 am

Length: 0m 57s
Time apart: 4m 56s
Start & end time: 10:46 am - 10:47 am

Congratulations Molly! She is beautiful

As for the episiotomy I would say it really does just depend on how labour goes. They say you heal better from a natural tear so I guess you could say you just want nature to take it course unless it’s really nessessary. I’ve had 2 3rd degree tears myself hence why I’m having a section this time

So a bit of a vent from me

So it’s been agreed from day 1 I’m having a section due to my bad tears with my boys. So they said I’d have a section done at 39 weeks

I expressed concerns leaving it that long due to my oldest arriving at 39 weeks and also the fact with my second son I had a rapid labour of 18 minutes! If I had a similar experience and went into labour before my section I wouldn’t even make it to the hospital.

After speaking to two different consultants and two midwifes it’s been agreed to keep the section for 39 weeks as the risks of a section before this out weigh the risks of anything else.

Roll on yesterday I get my section date TWO DAYS before my due date! So now it’s even later then 39 weeks! Obviously being the weekend I havnt been able to get hold of the co ordinator to express concern!

She’s also a big baby! At my 32 week scan they estimated her to be 6lb! I spoke to someone on maternity and they were just like ‘oh well if you go into labour we can do an emergency section’ feel like they not listening to me when I say I had an 18 minute labour the consultant said that puts
Me at a high risk of another rapid labour I won’t even get to the hospital!

So yeah feel like I’ve been backed into a corner and scared il go into labour with no one around (partner works shifts)

Strangely enough the nurses didn't even tell me to pump or hand express. I asked about pumping and then they said just to hand express for now so I did it once yesterday and will be doing it more often now that I know! Maybe their too busy? !

Baby's jaundice came down quite a bit since yesterday but Dr still wants another day on just the billi blanket. Her skin is pink again. Fingers crossed for home tomorrow..

Wriggley: how awful & frustrating for yoiu!! :( What are the risks for a c-section before 39w? I would honestly keep bugging them. It's so unfair to ignore your concerns like that.

MollyMoon: omg I can't believe they told you to hand express... You need to talk to them and ask to use a hospital pump. If you're not actively putting Jesse to breast then you need to pump every 2 hours to get your milk to come in. I'm not sure how long it takes to dry up after giving birth but they could potentially be compromising your ability to breastfeed your baby. I can't believe they're acting like that towards you.

@MollyMoon oh that's really good, I was worried you weren't breastfeeding her at all because she was under the bili light.

AFM: My Braxton Hicks did seem to have calmed down a little bit. I did call my doctor earlier in the day just to see what they wanted me to do and she said I could come in for a cervix check. I decided not to though and to wait it out since I think it was a false alarm. I hope it's a sign that labor will start within the next couple of days, I'm really excited to meet him.

Sounds like your on the right track Molly. Fingers crossed you get to go home tomorrow.

Wrigley... I would be fighting that one as much as possible. Isn't it your own doctor who decides when your section should be scheduled for?? I had a girlfriend who wasn't supposed to naturally go into.labour because of previous complications and had major issues scheduling hers as well.. hopefully you get it all sorted out. It's so frustrating when people don't listen.

Kiwi I was about to ask.how things were with you. Have they stopped completely? Braxton Hicks are so annoying...everytime it's like is this the real deal.

@countryblonde they haven't stopped completely but they are definitely much further apart. They really are so annoying especially because they normally don't happen like that with this baby, so close together. They're not as intense anymore either.

Country I'm not set on more but I am also having a hard time wrapping my head around this being the ladt. Part of me would like just one more, but I haven't experienced life with 3 yet so I guess I need to see how that is first! There are many factors at play though. For one, hubby and I would like a girl...but no guarantee it would be a girl. Our house is a bit cramped as is with 3 so we might have to consider a move or expansion, which is out of the question now, BUT hubs is about to start a business...so the money situation is another factor. If we make enough it will probably sway us towards #4... but we have a coupke years to think about it so we'll see! The only thing certain right now is I'm not certain we're done.

Oh also complications at birth woukd be a factor. Ds1 ended in a c eection but wasn't too terrible. Ds2 was an emergency c section nightmare ending in me hemorrhaging and needing a blood transfusion and a long recovery.

Re: episiotomy, never made it to that stage but my instinct and research says if I had a vbac, i'd choose to tear unless he was stuck and it was an absolute necessity. Last time i massaged with seeet almond oil and when i was in labor I had my nurse help with applying warm damp cloths to my crotch to soften the tissue. I'm not sure when the tearing occurs but he was about crowning (saw his head) before he got stuck and I didn't have any damage at all, but again he didn't pass through that way. So basically i'm no help lol.

Wrig, that is crap. I would be super annoying until they moved it up; talk to the doctor directly or call the office manager.

Kiwi, those definitely sounded like the start of the real deal! Especially the lower back pain. How exciting! Maybe they'll pick back up again...at the least I bet they started dilating you, but that said you can still go weeks after you start dilating. Look out for amniotic fluid or starting to lose your plug.

Sorry to just drop in, firstly....congrats Molly! Your daughter is absolutely adorable. So glad she came near the end of your pregnancy. Sending you lots of love!

Cleo is 100 days old today! The NICU gave us a cake and we snuggled with her a lot. I would be 38 weeks, now. She’s doing great, no big concerns anymore. We probably have a while still in the NICU though. She’s 4 lbs 4 oz and acting like a typical newborn, reacting to my voice and being adorable,

08DB11E6-E15D-4259-A975-77B9CF48EE64.jpeg

So glad Cleo is doing well nova!!

My daughter wants this baby to come so bad lol told her he still needs to cook but I have had so much pressure this weekend and back pain and today I noticed lots of my mucus plug some with some pink in it so we shall see how much longer he bakes lol

@gigglebox no plug loss yet :(. BH have also spread out a lot (maybe every 30-40 minutes). So frustrating, I just want him to be here so badly. I can't wait to start breastfeeding again either and lose all this pregnancy weight on the side!! How are you feeling lately hun?

@NovaStar she's so beautiful!! I'm so happy she's thriving as well. What milestones does she have left before coming home? I bet she'll be home in a couple weeks!!

@W8tingforbaby wow losing plug already!! Sounds like your LO will be here before you know it!! Only 3 more days and you'll be term. How exciting!!

Ladies, I wonder which one of us is going to be next!! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->