♡ January Snowdrops 2019 ♡

I think the weird thing about the early babies is there is only a handful of us active on this thread (maybe 10 or so?) and nearly half have given birth already. If you look on the first post there is a list of everyone due January but the vast majority don't chat on here. Last two times I was pregnant and chatting with ladies due near the same time, I believe there was one premie each time (28 weeks and 34? I think). So this is a bit strange!

I have also wondered what happened to everybody, and hope it wasn't a bunch of early miscarriages. Some people just aren't the message board type, of course. Personally I've found it really helpful to have other people to talk to going through the same things as me.

Agreed. I still talk on a thread started before I was pregnant with ds2, but I still like the support here with women going through the same stage of pregnancy.

Mwel wow that IS invasive! We just get a quick swipe externally. I already had it in the hospital last week (negative) but they want to do it again...I am thinking of refusing, especially if I'm getting a c section anyway.

What does your shirt say? That is a very cute bump picture of you! You are very cute yourself;)

Bbb, that is very unfair of the neighbors! Have you met them yet? I had a neighbor back at my first house that was an a*hole like that. We owned the place but had a home owners association (HOA) who ruled the land :rofl: the neighbor was an absolute snake. He actually was the realtor who sold us our house, but he tried to cut corners whenerever he could. The worst of it was when he had to replace rotting wood on the house as one of our sales conditions, including the garage door. Well instead he sent some painter out and tried to cover it all with a fresh coat of paint. When we called him out on it, he played stupid but finally fixed the wood around the house, but instead of a comparable wood garage door, he paid for the cheapest aluminum one he could find. When we finally moved in, he called violations on us to the HOA all the time, including parking in front of our own house, ugh I can't remember what else. I do remember our first major snow, he would not come out to shovel (we were on a shared driveway with 6 houses). When I was outside, I even saw him peek put the window. It wasn't until a kind hearted neighbor shoveled almost all of his portion of the driveway that he conveniently came outside.

Fortunately for us, he eventually was forced to move when his home was foreclosed on.

Sorry that was a long story!

I did look at some peoples profiles a while back and a few did have early losses :( some girls are on other threads. Some just didn’t sign back in.

Giggle if you’re having a csection surely there’s no risk of passing on strep B if you were to have it? I thought it was only passed on if they went through the birth canal as that’s where the thing lives?

Has anyone ever had the problem of trying to distinguish if you’re having a contraction or it’s just baby stretching? It seems to happen around the time she is but I’m hoping it could be something, Ava’s staying with my mum & dad for the first time tonight (she’s never spent a night away from me!) and we have fuel in the car so it would be wonderful if she decided to come

Has anyone ever had the problem of trying to distinguish if you’re having a contraction or it’s just baby stretching? It seems to happen around the time she is but I’m hoping it could be something, Ava’s staying with my mum & dad for the first time tonight (she’s never spent a night away from me!) and we have fuel in the car so it would be wonderful if she decided to come

I think I might have had a few braxton hicks, but mostly I think everything I've felt is baby stretching. She's pretty active about that. I read that your stomach would go hard for about 30 seconds, and I feel like what I've had is more localized and shorter, so must be baby.

Had my 36 week appointment today and also had the group b swab done, they definitely got both my parts too lol. Baby has definitely dropped she said and she can feel his head but my cervix is still closed. She doesn’t think I’ll make my due date but says I definitely won’t have him until next month. I noticed though I’m having lots of contractions since coming home, bh I’m sure but still so uncomfortable

Hi everyone,
Sorry I haven't been around, it's been far too insane on my end to keep up with anything, not even FB. My brother has been awarded week on and off with his kids, and since he lives with me currently I have 4 ( soon to be a newborn to equal 5) to take care of, often by myself while he and my husband are at work. I'm exhausted and really having a hard time, especially since his ex is a horrid person looking for ANY tiny thing to cause issue over. The kids come with some bad behavior issues ( the 2 year old self harms when he gets angry, something I've never had to deal with before!) it's been very stressful. On top of me being released from the hospital from a kidney infection. I hope it's going well with everyone as I don't have time to read back right now, in 2 weeks baby will be here and I pray that things mellow out and I don't have to be the primary care giver for too much longer.

Cuddle that sounds as stressful as it can get! I hope you get some relief & help soon. :hugs:

W8 eep sorry you were also violated! Cervical checks can definitely stir up some braxton hicks. Water & rest to try and calm them.

Ems yeah I'd imagine it's unnecessary to swab again but I'll ask before they give it a go. I don't want my insurance charged again either.

Regarding contractions, your entire bump will go hard. Generally baby is, as Miss said, tightening up localized places with their butt or head. Feet and hands i think are quite a bit easier to discern. At least for me they are much pointier! This baby is having fun jamming his feet up and his head down into my bladder & cervix :roll: so uncomfortable! Plus the added fear that he's going to pop my waters!

Girls sorry to butt in, I’m not sure if baby’s on her way. I fainted in the hairdressers this morning feeling really sick and dizzy, everything was fine but once we left I noticed my pants and leggings were SO wet.

I’ve been told to keep a pad on just it make sure and call back at 7pm, but I’ve noticed I’m losing bits of plug too. Feeling a bit nervous right now!

Thank you! It seems to have just stopped now. Very frustrating. I’m just struggling to come to terms with the fact it might just be I wet myself, but I don’t remember feeling so wet when I walked out to the ambulance! Aaaahh!

Sorry for being quiet, things have been super busy. Between the holidays and being at the doctor 3x a week, it's just too hard to keep up.

I'm nearly 38 weeks and baby is still staying put. I'm thinking now that she's going to make it to the section date. I wish my anxiety weren't through the roof. But oh well.

Ems good luck to you! Can you take the pad in to get it checked just in case? It's a pretty simple test to see if it's amniotic fluid or not. Maybe embarrassing but I'd wager it's not the first time for them.

Madtown what are you anxious about? If you vent it may help. Although I do get being nervous about surgery!

Madtown sometimes it can be, life is hectic! That’s good though if baby wants til their arranged date isn’t it?

Giggle I threw the first one away because it seemed to dry up so fast, but there’s been a definite dampness ever since. I have to go into my local planned birth centre to be checked for fluid, I guess I’ll know from there if I wet myself or not :haha:

Hi everyone it's been so hectic and tiring last 2 days. But I'm so in love with my baby. Came back into hospital just after midnight on 27th, water broke and having contractions, was dilated 1cm. Contractions were slowed to a standstill till 8-9am so Dr put cervidil in to get things going. By 1pm I was 5-6cm and begging for my epidural as morphine didn't do anything but get me loopy.Anesthesiologist was at surgery but would be back in an hour. I guess he was running late, cause just after 3pm I was fully dialated (with no epidural) and baby girl was born at 4.31pm with help of vacuum. Dr had to do episiotomy and I also had 2nd degree tear. A few hours later they checked her blood sugar and it was low so they gave her glucose and a bit of formula cause she didn't latch on right away. Next day was ok she was latching pretty good but by the afternoon she was showing signs of jaundice which I guess they say is common in vacuum babies. So today she's under the bilirubin light therapy and still breastfeeding but added formula for supplement till my milk comes in. Im so happy and thankful she's here. But hard to watch her struggle she hates being in there and cries hard alot. We may have a chance of going home tomorrow.
Baby.jpg Babylight.jpg
Jesse Lynn Grace

Congrats Molly! Another December baby! Take care of yourself. I had an episiotomy and vacuum with my first. It can be a long road to feel 100 percent normal again. Try not to do too much to fast. I certainly did and paid for it.

Ems.. don't worry if you wet yourself. It's not the end of the world.. just a story you can rub in babies face later..lol.. I would definitely monitor you leaking though and take it in to get tested if you think it might be waters at all..

Ems waiting anxiously for your update!

Molly awwww she is precious <3 rocky entry to the world but sounds like things are getting better. My nurse friend who did nicu rotation said she loved the bili light because it made the babies look like they are in a daft punk video and it was adorable to her :roll: now I guess I see what she means? Kind of? Lol either way Jesse is very cute!

Omg this baby is so insanely active tonight! He's been beating me up today, from lower back pain to that horrid cervix being punched pain to the pain in yoir bum to my side where he keeps driving his foot and makes me feel like he's splitting my skin!

I'm trying to embrace it as 1. I'm thankful he's still hanging in thete and 2. This may be the last time I experience pregnancy. Especially if he's early or labor is complicated again...that's pretty much going to ensure no more babies for me, which is quite sad :(

Congrats Molly! She's lovely!

Experienced mamas: is there anything I should be doing to try to avoid the episiotomy, or is this just going to go how it's going to go? The internets seems to suggest perineum massage, which DH seems to have ZERO interest in helping out with, lol.

Miss Marple I think it just depends on how labour goes. I'm not sure there is anything you can do to avoid it. For me I was 29 hours into labour and my son's heart rate was significantly dropping with every contraction. It was basically we are doing the episotomy or you are having a csection. It really was not a big deal just took awhile to heal. It probably saved me from a nasty tear to be honest.
And with my second - even with the scar tissue from the first time I had a very minor tear and I few sticthes and he came fast.. so I kinda think it is what it is.. it's not super common, but it's also not that uncommon. I would just prepare that it could be reality - in the moment they could have told me that they needed to cut my toe off and I probably would have been fine with it.

Giggle do you still want more babies?? This is number 3 for you right? And have you had complications both times?

I'm getting more and more Braxton Hicks all the time... It's starting to get annoying.. I still feel like I'm no where near actual labour though. Although I have decided to start carrying around my hospital bag just in case. I never did that for my other pregnancies but this one just seems to be more unpredictable with having the false labour already.

Molly: Jesse's so beautiful congratulations!! How far along were you when she was born, a little over 37 weeks?

Sorry I haven't replied to any of you lovely ladies, I'll be able to make a big post later.

Congrats molly!!! Such a great pic

At my hospital they don’t do an episiotomy
Routinely they let u tear which I did with my daughter and hope doesn’t happen with my son.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->