♡ January Snowdrops 2019 ♡

Nova Cleo is beautiful! Such a strong little lady!

Fed up myself now. Fed up of being told they are ‘busy’

Spoke to maternity who said to come up at 2 and I can see my consultant so I’ve just got here and now they saying he’s very busy and they don’t know when he will get here to see me.

Wrig I would be so frustrated if I were you! How rude to call you in when they don't even have time for you!!! There mist be an office manager there. I would definitely complain; that is highly unprofessional.

Nova thanks for the update! How wonderful she's doing so well. What a little miracle you have there <3

W8 when that happened to me with ds1 my water broke a coupke days later I think! It may just be YOU with the first 2019 baby!

Nova cleo is lovely! I’m glad she’s doing so well!

Wriggley that’s incredibly frustrating. They definitely deserve a complaint made for behaving that way wasting your time.

Giggle how are you doing? Also, my due date is a week today, I wanted to be the first 2019 baby :haha:
Theres no sign of her coming at all!!

Hey you never know! At this point it could be any of us! :haha:

I'm hanging in there :) Getting really annoyed with my lifting restrictions. My kids have been sick and I haven't been much help to them. Also my mom is kind of stuck here. She assures me she doesn't mind though. J certainly don't mind her, and she's allowing me (if not encouraging me) to rest a lot -- and I have been, especially as I've caught what the kids have had (two different stomach bugs, one that makes you puke and the other that gives you the runs, mercifully not at the same time!). I hope to be fully recovered by the time I have to do this whole delivery thing.

Contractions have been very spread out but have kind of picked up today. I haven't been needing the meds nearly as much. I did take some today though. I am very to make it to 36 weeks (almost)! I just feel like it's a milestone that will help his odds.

Sorry to just drop in, firstly....congrats Molly! Your daughter is absolutely adorable. So glad she came near the end of your pregnancy. Sending you lots of love!

Cleo is 100 days old today! The NICU gave us a cake and we snuggled with her a lot. I would be 38 weeks, now. She’s doing great, no big concerns anymore. We probably have a while still in the NICU though. She’s 4 lbs 4 oz and acting like a typical newborn, reacting to my voice and being adorable,

View attachment 1051797

Thank you so much! :hug:

Cleo is looking so strong and sweet! She has come such a long way-- She's a real champ... Take care of yourself too mom!
Are you pumping or going to use formula when baby comes home?

Sorry to just drop in, firstly....congrats Molly! Your daughter is absolutely adorable. So glad she came near the end of your pregnancy. Sending you lots of love!

Cleo is 100 days old today! The NICU gave us a cake and we snuggled with her a lot. I would be 38 weeks, now. She’s doing great, no big concerns anymore. We probably have a while still in the NICU though. She’s 4 lbs 4 oz and acting like a typical newborn, reacting to my voice and being adorable,

View attachment 1051797

It seems like preemie's "birthdays" should be considered the day the graduate from NICU! Then they would be more in line size-wise with other kids their age, I'd think.

She's looking really cute and I'm so glad everything is going well.

Speaking of birthdays, please join me in wishing happy birthday to my sassy cat Ninja who will turn 16 tomorrow! I just cannot wait to see what he thinks of the baby. ha!

I need some advice.

Baby latches on to me very well but still has a hard time staying awake I have to keep at her waking her up, which makes a long feeding time and then when I give her the bottle supplement she just drinks so fast. I really want her to be breastfed only. I'm trying to express as much as I can and milk is just starting to come. Am I just being impatient? I'm not very comfortable with these nurses they make me feel like I'm always doing something wrong.

@gigglebox glad the meds are working hun! :hugs: Sorry you're so exhausted lately, I am too. I could barely go grocery shopping from all the pain.

@MissMarpleFan happy birthday to your kitty! As for premies, they usually catch up to their peers by 2 years old.

@MollyMoon try blowing on her face a little bit if you notice her falling asleep. Babies get very comfortable breastfeeding. It's also true they get a much faster and "easier" flow from bottles. If you feel she has drained one side, it's ok to switch to the other. What are the nurses saying to you hun?

Well the Dr told me to give her 20 ml of the bottle and nurses keep asking me if I'm supplementing like they don't believe me. For example one comes in sees baby putting her hand in her mouth and she's like did you supplement? How much? Then she tells me to give her more. They talk to me like it's not my baby. Or at least that's how Im feeling

Should I switch to a syringe with the formula?

@MollyMoon Did they say why they want you to supplement? Supplementing is usually only done for babies that are having trouble gaining weight or are early premature babies who have trouble feeding on their own (need a feeding tube). I can't believe they're treating you like this.

Last edited:
She lost a little weight originally 6lbs 2oz now measure 5lbs 10
On a side note this Dr that's in charge of this hospital has a reputation of some good and bad. I wouldn't of delivered here but contractions were worrying me that we wouldn't make it to the other hospital on time cause it's 3hrs away and this one is only one. I didn't know he was in charge of infant care.

Last edited:
She lost a little weight originally 6lbs 2oz now measure 5lbs 10
It's actually pretty normal for babies to lose weight right after birth. When are they going to let you take her home?

Yeah. . That's what I knew, they do lose some is it too fast? We can go home Tomorrow if her bilirubin levels
Have dropped. Fingers crossed

Molly if you don't want to supplement at this point don't. My oldest nursed for almost 6 hours straight the day my milk came in which was 5 days after birth. It is completely normal.for them to loose weight. Is there a lactation consultant or something that the hospital that you could talk to? Remember their tummies are very tiny at this point and they don't need a lot to fill, but they may need more frequent feedings. I believe both my boys nursed every half hour at some points. I totally fed on command and not on a schedule. You need to do what works best for you, not what they say.. be your own advocate and don't feel bad about disagreeing with your nurses if it doesn't feel right to you

@MollyMoon sounds exactly like my first! She had a really hard time latching and my milk didn’t come in for a few days. She lost too much weight and we supplemented for a few days. She would nurse for hours and I was exhausted. It took a couple months until she nursed really easily, but we only had to use formula a few times. Don’t feel bad, breastfeeding can be really frustrating. Keep at it, I promise it gets easier, and don’t feel bad about supplementing. Fed is best. It really does take time...weeks...to get the hang of breastfeeding.

I’m doing formula. I pumped for 12 weeks and my milk never increased past a few millimeters a day. I’d pump for a full week and get only 1 oz. Then it just dried up completely. I cried a lot. I had this vision of breastfeeding that was totally crushed. But I’ve come to terms with it. It’s okay. We do what we can.

@Kiwiberry she has a lot of milestones to meet, yet. She can’t take a bottle yet because she’s still on a high flow of oxygen. They are starting to ween her down, and once she’s lower then they can bottle feed. So that’s a huge milestone. Then she needs to maintain a steady heart rate for a full week (right now she periodically dips super low for a few seconds which is normal for her gestational age but eventually she has to not do that in order to come home), she has to be off oxygen completely, too. She has to pass certain blood tests to make sure she’s maintaining her white blood cell count and platelets. Lots of things...hope it’s only a few weeks but it could be longer.

Ok ladies, so I'm having a lot of BH again tonight and they're causing a sharp pain in my vagina. Almost where my cervix would be (i think). Coulmd i be dilating? Could it be a sign he's coming soon?

I supplemented my baby who had jaundice because she wouldn’t stay awake to breastfeed with a cup, rather than a bottle. It did take a while to get breastfeeding going, and at one point I was ready to throw in the towel because she kept losing weight(they say babies can lose up to 10% of their birth weight I think before gaining again). But I stuck to my guns, and kept breastfeeding and once the jaundice started to go she was more alert and would feed longer/more. I only really supplemented in the hospital and just offered the breast constantly and was able to breastfeed for 15months. So trust your gut Molly, I know I find hard to go against medical advice in fear that I’ll be wrong and look like a bad mother but just keep offering the breast as ‘first choice’ and only supplement after and you feel she isn’t getting enough and hopefully your milk will come in soon! And as country said, it’s very normal for babies to feed very frequently at first because breastmilk is less dense, so fills their tummies less so they often feed more than formula fed babies.
But if you do decide to switch to formula because it’s best for you and your baby that’s what is important. Happy mummy = happy baby!

Sorry that was so long Molly and I hope it is is some use and not just me rambling.

I’ve just thought, most of you will probably have babies that are a month old before I have mine:haha:

I hope Cleo meets her milestones and is able to come home soon. She has come such a long way after being born at not even 24 weeks, she truly is so strong!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->