♡ January Snowdrops 2019 ♡

Cleo's story is definitely inspiring <3

I have had a rough go with bf'ing both times, so I don't have much to say EXCEPT, trust your gut! If it doesn't feel right, don't do it or modify it. Ds1 wouldn't latch and my suspicion is it may have been in part because the nurses forced bottled formula on him almost immediately. Once he had the ease of that, he SCREAMED his head off at the boob! Like it was too much work (and this impatience/need for immediate gratification may just be his personality because he is still like that now lol). Ds2 was a different story, he bf'ed alllllll the time but would allllways fall asleep on my boob! I tried rousing him any way i could but it didn't work. I tried to pump & supplement but my supply was embarassingly low--found out long after I had a defective pump -.- in the end he became mostly formula fed and I would had express what i could into his bottle. I later supplemented with milk from a friend with a baby close in age (she was a milk machine!).

Last thing i'll say on that is to get bottles with low flow nipples if you can. If he has to work for it he may opt for the boob.

Kiwi any update?

I didn’t see your post kiwi, I must of been typing when you posted!

Any progression?

Thank you so much ladies for your thoughts it's all very good info from each perspective.
Dr should be in shortly with decisions.

Happy 2019 to you all may you all be blessed in abundance <3

No progression so far but the BH are getting more "painful" or rather intense. The sharp pain stopped for now. Need to schedule a new Dr apt, missed mine last week for cervix check because I was sick. They've been closed though fokr the holidays. Reflux has really been horrible for weeks now, tums still doesn't work and I can barely sleep. I'm even afraid to eat. :( This nausea from the reflux isn't helping either.

Last edited:
Happy New Years, ladies! Molly, congratulations on your baby's birth! Jax also had some difficulties with latching onto the breast, so I've been pumping and feeding him my breastmilk with a syringe. He's gettnig better with latching, it just takes time. I refused to supplement with formula, and my hospital was great about letting me pump to give him breastmilk. I'm sorry your hospital wasn't as supportive, from the sound of it.

We are home and doing very well. Little man went to the pediatrician yesterday and has already gained back 2 ounces since we've been home.

48428912_10213382781021101_833947473377492992_o.jpg

Well done Jaxsin on gaining! Very cute outfit. He definitely is your best gift you’ll ever get for Christmas.

It’s officially our month(Happy New Year everyone!), although a fair few babies are already here the rest should be here soon. Anyone having any promising symptoms?

Happy New Years, ladies! Molly, congratulations on your baby's birth! Jax also had some difficulties with latching onto the breast, so I've been pumping and feeding him my breastmilk with a syringe. He's gettnig better with latching, it just takes time. I refused to supplement with formula, and my hospital was great about letting me pump to give him breastmilk. I'm sorry your hospital wasn't as supportive, from the sound of it.

We are home and doing very well. Little man went to the pediatrician yesterday and has already gained back 2 ounces since we've been home.

View attachment 1051857

Thanks o much.. I'm not giving up on bf. Baby boy is so very cute!

Well looks like we're staying again another night. They put her back under the double lights and Dr said if her levels don't get better they will send her to the nearest bigger city for more care.

Im not sure how much milk I'm making but I just asked the other nurse for a pump. She said the boss lady doesn't like to just give out pumps but she brought one anyway cause her boss is off till tomorrow.

I just want her to be healthy

Jamers that’s so cute! I’m glad he’s doing well!

Bbb it is our month finally! I’ve had literally nothing. I picked up a cough & cold yesterday and after surviving the last 9 months without one (apart from a sickness bug when I was 5 weeks) I’m hoping it’s a sign! Just generally feeling run down :(

Molly hopefully these lights do it <3 I can’t believe they’re being so funny about a pump though. It doesn’t sound like they’re caring much for baby’s best interests!

@MollyMoon that hospital sounds really unprofessional. I've given birth at two different hospitals and neither of them were stingy with the pumps. I mean seriously why even have them available if no one's allowed to use them. :shrug:

@bbbbbbb811 nothing but false alarms here..... that and wishful thinking.......

@Jamers89 so happy to hear he's doing so well and I love the adorable outfit!!

Agreed. I still talk on a thread started before I was pregnant with ds2, but I still like the support here with women going through the same stage of pregnancy.

Mwel wow that IS invasive! We just get a quick swipe externally. I already had it in the hospital last week (negative) but they want to do it again...I am thinking of refusing, especially if I'm getting a c section anyway.

What does your shirt say? That is a very cute bump picture of you! You are very cute yourself;)

Bbb, that is very unfair of the neighbors! Have you met them yet? I had a neighbor back at my first house that was an a*hole like that. We owned the place but had a home owners association (HOA) who ruled the land :rofl: the neighbor was an absolute snake. He actually was the realtor who sold us our house, but he tried to cut corners whenerever he could. The worst of it was when he had to replace rotting wood on the house as one of our sales conditions, including the garage door. Well instead he sent some painter out and tried to cover it all with a fresh coat of paint. When we called him out on it, he played stupid but finally fixed the wood around the house, but instead of a comparable wood garage door, he paid for the cheapest aluminum one he could find. When we finally moved in, he called violations on us to the HOA all the time, including parking in front of our own house, ugh I can't remember what else. I do remember our first major snow, he would not come out to shovel (we were on a shared driveway with 6 houses). When I was outside, I even saw him peek put the window. It wasn't until a kind hearted neighbor shoveled almost all of his portion of the driveway that he conveniently came outside.

Fortunately for us, he eventually was forced to move when his home was foreclosed on.

Sorry that was a long story!

Thank you! My shirt say “Happiness is on the way!”

Hi everyone it's been so hectic and tiring last 2 days. But I'm so in love with my baby. Came back into hospital just after midnight on 27th, water broke and having contractions, was dilated 1cm. Contractions were slowed to a standstill till 8-9am so Dr put cervidil in to get things going. By 1pm I was 5-6cm and begging for my epidural as morphine didn't do anything but get me loopy.Anesthesiologist was at surgery but would be back in an hour. I guess he was running late, cause just after 3pm I was fully dialated (with no epidural) and baby girl was born at 4.31pm with help of vacuum. Dr had to do episiotomy and I also had 2nd degree tear. A few hours later they checked her blood sugar and it was low so they gave her glucose and a bit of formula cause she didn't latch on right away. Next day was ok she was latching pretty good but by the afternoon she was showing signs of jaundice which I guess they say is common in vacuum babies. So today she's under the bilirubin light therapy and still breastfeeding but added formula for supplement till my milk comes in. Im so happy and thankful she's here. But hard to watch her struggle she hates being in there and cries hard alot. We may have a chance of going home tomorrow.
View attachment 1051704 View attachment 1051705
Jesse Lynn Grace

Beautiful baby!

Morning ladies!

So my only options are to have my section on the later date or I could have it 3 days earlier at another hospital but it’s just not so able it’s too far away and with the boys etc we wouldn’t be able to work it so they have put me on the priority list to be moved up of spaces come up (people go into labour before their section) and I’ve just got to hope if I do go into labour it won’t be a rapid one and they will have time to do an emergency section.

Final growth scan today! Be interesting to see how much she weighs now as she was 6lb at 32 weeks!

Wrig I have a scan today too! Final check on his size and my c section scar. Hoping I'll have some better direction on when to have my c section and if a vba2c is even a remote possibility. I have a suspicion he is possibly transverse though...we'll see. Good luck on your scan!

Anywho here's hoping you can move your date up. Alternatively if worst case scenario happens, I hope you have no tearing issues. Maybe you should start some stretching massages now just in case?

Jamers he is a cutie, thanks for sharing!

Definitely having harder braxton hicks...some where I can't tell if they were real or not. Bad cramping in my back and I can't sleep at night. And he is moving SOOOOO much as well. Water helps but it isn't completely stopping them like it was....my doctor is saying the 21st so we will see!

I see some beautiful December babies! Congrats to everyone! And Happy New!

Lol well I definitely want at least one more... 8-[

It took me so long to make this one that I’m not sure there’s time for one more.. we’ll see how I feel after I actually have a baby to care for!

I have a scan today too.

Still no BH going on here, just plenty of baby kicks and stretches.

Had my scan baby looks good. I was hopin for some clear cut news or info that would help me make a "for sure" decision on the vba2c vs. csection issue, but instead, I'm back completely on the fence instead of leaning towards a c section.

Turns out, even though baby is a respectable size, he will be my smallest yet. Even further confusing the subject, his head is in a completely normal size range, just slightly above average. He is already head down, too.

My last two babies: 9lbs2oz, head in 97th percentile at birth; 9lbs6oz, head in (i think) 92nd percentile at birth.

This one is predicted 8lbs8oz and head in roughly 50-60 percentile range.

So now what to do? C section scar looks good. I am tempted to see if I go into back labor again and let that be the deciding factor...ugh I hate the unknown!

What would you guys do? I am so afraid of an emergency c section though...

Also the platelet thing is still a factor but that aside, what to doooooo

Baby Margot is somewhere between 6lbs 11 oz and 7 lbs 2 oz today at 36 weeks. Tech thinks she will still come in less than 9 pounds, I hope I hope.

I have a small hernia, oh joy. Nothing to worry about, doc said.

I don’t know what to tell you, giggle! Those are some tough choices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->