♡ January Snowdrops 2019 ♡

How's everyone feeling?

Giggle, I'm sorry to hear the vbac isn't advised. With the added second opinion advising against it, sounds like a scheduled section is the way to go.
I don't like to relay this sorry, because it's upsetting, but although I had a successful vbac, I later met a friend who had tried for one which resulted in a uterine rupture and the loss of her little girl at birth :( It's so awful, and I think if I had my friend's story known to me before I attempted my vbac, I wouldn't have even wanted to try. Honestly, a scheduled section isn't so bad, and I figure it's whatever gets baby and mom through in the safest way possible <3

I had a ton of contractions last night for a few hours and really thought I was getting somewhere, but then they totally subsided :( I just finished my last day at work today and am anxious to meet this little girl!!

That’s such a sad story, Randa.

I’ve been having what feels like pre-period aches/cramps the last three nights but not any contractions. Is that weird?

@gigglebox Sorry about not being able to get your Vba2c :hugs:. I feel bad for all you ladies who've had to get one :(. I can't even imagine what it's like or how scary it can be.

@Wriggley @cuddlebugluv congrats ladies!! Only a handful of us left to give birth now!!

@NovaStar so glad your baby girl Cleo is doing so well. I'm so happy for you that she'll be able to come home soon.

AFM, Tobi is doing great. He's such a mommy's boy :cloud9:. He's still nursing great as well. I do have a cut on one of my nipples from his cluster feeding in the hospital, it's painful but hopefully it heals quick. I'm surprised he actually likes the binky Tammy (my girls grandma from their dad's side) bought him. He hated the jollypop one from the hospital. Tammy is so amazing though, she basically adopted him as her grandson since I don't really talk to my parents. OH is absolutely in love with Tobi, it's so cute. It's his first baby too so he's got that innocent protective daddy vibe. He said h e already wants another lol :haha:, I told him he's waiting at least 3 years, i need my sexy body back and to keep the weight off for at least a year so I don't gain most of it back during pregnancy like I did with this little boy. I gained an embarrassing 80 lb before birth with this pregnancy. Pretty much all of the weight (almost) that I had lost after Ava was born. Everyone keeps telling me that I don't look like I've gained that much weight but you know how it goes ladies, you see it where others don't. As soon as I have my 6-week postpartum appointment I'm going to start really losing the weight. I'm thinking of getting the copper IUD as well. Anyone have experience with it? I'm going to write out my birth story today and share with everyone once I'm done. Oh and before I forget one of the nurses gave me the wrong information on how much he weighed after birth. He was 8 lb 5 oz not 8 lb 8 oz.

Riya loves her little brother!! She's asking about him every time I talk to her on the phone while she's at her dad's house. She's so motherly towards him as well. Her and Ava kept giving him kisses & hugs.

Resized_20190111_222932_5155.jpeg IMG_1909.jpg FB_IMG_1547288307582.jpg

:hugs: you guys are amazing. Thank you so much for your support!

Randa, that is absolutely tragic about your friend. That does make me feel a little better about this decision though. I am really sad knowing I'll never have a vaginal birth (even if I have another baby a tola3c is pretty unlikely!) but you are absolutely right, safe baby and mom is the most important thing.

Also hubs has said maybe my purpose is to advise moms to be, especially first time moms, to advocate for themselves at birth. I truly feel my first c section was unwarranted and set me up for failure.

Do you have any names picked out?

Kiwi, he is so adorable, and I have to say this is he first time that I have really been truly eager to meet my own little guy! I've been mostly scared of the unknown of his birth. Thank you for sharing!

As for us we are expected a fairly major snow storm today so I'm a bit freaked out about possibly being stuck at home should I go into labor! Fingers crossed that doesn't happen...

One week over! :brat:
I think that emoji accurately describes it right now ha! Hope everyone else is doing good - babies or no babies :)

Doing ok over here, feels like this baby is going to fall out of me lol. So very uncomfortable with everything I do. One week until eviction day and I can’t wait. Still hope he comes on his own, he keeps teasing me that he will but then the contractions stop. So very frustrating lol. Hope u all are well

Still having contractions all the time but never consistent! Still I may go into triage this afternoon just to get checked since I've been contracting no LESS than every 18 minutes for a day. Most have been under 10 minutes though. No pain at all though, they just feel like braxton hicks. It makes making the choice to go in difficult.

I’ve been booked in for induction 39+1 on Monday 21st! But other than that nothing going on here apart from an insane amount of appointments(4 times a week!!) and vaginal pain:oops:

How are you and Tobias kiwi?

Let us know how triage goes giggle!

When will they evict baby Emsabub?

I’ve been booked in for induction 39+1 on Monday 21st! But other than that nothing going on here apart from an insane amount of appointments(4 times a week!!) and vaginal pain:oops:

How are you and Tobias kiwi?

Let us know how triage goes giggle!

When will they evict baby Emsabub?

What happens at all your appointments, bbb?

I'm booked for the same day to get the cervidil to soften the cervix, then the pitocin starts Tuesday the 22nd. I have my last doc appt tomorrow, my 38 week appt and scan.

My (insensitive) friend says there's no way my baby will come before the induction because I'm such a tightass personality I'll hold her in. She also wants us to call her so she can be at the hospital. ](*,)

I feel awful about how long my poor spoiled kitties are going to be without my care, DH is just going to run home once a day to feed and scoop. I've got an especially spoiled sick kitty with kidney failure that normally gets subcutaneous fluids once a day and about 3 meals per day. I want him to board her at the vet but he doesn't want to. My hospital says you will be there 1-2 days postpartum with a vaginal birth, so I'm thinking that could be 3-4 nights or even more if I end up with a c-section.

W8ting that’s very frustrating when they tail off to nothing, hopefully something picks up consistently.

Giggle is go in, you never know it could be active laboured or slow labour maybe? Have you settled on your c/s or vbac now?

Bbb that will soon come around in a week! How come you’ve got so many appointments in one week, I’ve never known so many!

I have a sweep tomorrow so they might book an induction then, I’ve heard they’re more painful than spontaneous starts though so I really don’t want that :( Has anyone got any experience with that?
Plus chest infection is STILL hanging around even after finishing the ABs so I don’t even know. I’ll have a lovely cough in labour, maybe it’ll help propel her out :haha:

I'm here, (impatiently and uncomfortably) waiting with you ladies! Today is my due date, and I really thought baby #3 would be early or at least punctual (she already takes after me, maybe, because I'm late for everything! :haha:)
I have tried walking, birthing ball, sex, spicy food, and acupuncture. I'm booked in for another round of acupuncture tomorrow morning and my midwife is going to do a house call to perform a stretch and sweep in the afternoon or evening! Out of the two on my midwife team, the one I much prefer is back in clinic as opposed to on call for births after Wednesday, so I really want baby to arrive on her watch if possible!

W8ting that’s very frustrating when they tail off to nothing, hopefully something picks up consistently.

Giggle is go in, you never know it could be active laboured or slow labour maybe? Have you settled on your c/s or vbac now?

Bbb that will soon come around in a week! How come you’ve got so many appointments in one week, I’ve never known so many!

I have a sweep tomorrow so they might book an induction then, I’ve heard they’re more painful than spontaneous starts though so I really don’t want that :( Has anyone got any experience with that?
Plus chest infection is STILL hanging around even after finishing the ABs so I don’t even know. I’ll have a lovely cough in labour, maybe it’ll help propel her out :haha:

Do they have nebulizer in your hospitals there? That helped my cough alot especially with that nasty rib pain I was having.

Hope you all that are left have good deliveries!

So i went in to triage. Verdict: false labor. I am allowed to take meds for it again, thank god, because these contractions are so flippin' annoying! Taken a dose and things have already eased up :thumbup:

Randa I still swear by pedicures...if nothing else they feel good and you'll have pretty feet :)

Ems I had a sweep DURING slow labor last time. It definitely helped get things moving along and the actual sweep was no worse than a cervical check.

To answer your question I am resigned to having a ELCS. I am bummed but healthy babe & mom are the goal and I feel best about our odds in that situation.

Sorry it was a false alarm, giggle. I’m getting a pedi tomorrow before my doc appt.

Just checking in!

Giggle I’m sorry your decision wasn’t your first choice but like you said safest option for mum and baby I still best

I’m excitedly waiting to come on and hear of more babies arriving! Hope all are doing well! As are all the ones who have arrived already

Randa any signs? And thank you! It was successful! I’m 1-2cm and now baby’s resting on it so hopefully things will progress.

Molly I’m not sure I’ve never known really, probably not in the MLU but it might go away for a bit if Labour is going strong.

Giggle ah that’s frustrating :( at least the meds are calming things down. Did you feel much during slow labour? It felt weird when she pulled it forward but it’s in the right place now.

Missmarple that sounds relaxing!

Fingers crossed this sweep works girls!

Oh god yes, I was in back labor (part of the reason for the slow progression) so I was already in pain during contractions. I had about 7 hours of the light soreness in my back during contractions, then it started picking up in intensity but wasn't doing much progression-wise. Sweep help things along but specifically it help my water break and that's when things picked up, but were still slow going. I was advised to avoid pain relief because it may slow things down more, but 24-25 hours in I was shaking and on the verge of passing out from pain and was sitting at a sad 5cm. I FINALLY got an epidural around 9pm-ish and felt soooo much better. I was able to actually sleep. My dr woke me up about 2am and i was fully dilated. How long I was 10cm, I have no idea lol.

'Course baby got stuck and i ended in an emergency cs but hey ho!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->