♡ January Snowdrops 2019 ♡

Ah, I feel like this lady is never coming! I haven't lost much plug at all :( Today, I did another round of acupuncture and chiropractor, then went out for a very spicy Indian lunch. Then I came home and bounced on my birthing ball.
My midwife planned to come again today for the sweep and had to cancel again, but I have a clinic appointment tomorrow and she promised me a really good one (ouch, but also looking forward to it too) :haha:

*cough* pedicure *cough*

I have plans for a pedi on monday if I make it to that...also gonna grab labor cupcakes! Going with my SIL who will be 37 weeks on Sunday :thumbup:

Thank you ladies! <3

Bbb I did.. it was amazing. So worth the wait to do it again!

Giggle you never know what can happen, I know it doesn’t feel like things can just happen anytime because I thought the same.. but it’s possible! Bits of plug every so often is something :) Mine didn’t start coming out until I was actually in active labour waiting to go to hospital.

W8ting good luck things happen before induction! If not it’s an end date in sight <3

Randa that’s annoying they keep cancelling! They really need to think about providing substitutes I think.

Things happened so fast with my labour that I almost didn’t have time to think about it. The sweep was done at 3pm Tuesday, sporadic period pains started about 9pm but I didn’t count them as labour because they were so far apart sometimes. It wasn’t until 2am they got regular, all of a sudden going from an hour apart to every 5 mins lasting around 45 seconds.. it was intense. Then we kept that up at home until about 3:30am when I rang the birth centre and said I needed to come in. Got there about 5am once my mum had got here to watch Ava for us and Daisy arrived in the birth pool at 6:39am.
If you take it from when they got regular the labour was about 4 and a half hours but the hospital count it from when you’re admitted so they’ve got me down as 1 hour and 10 mins active labour, I’m not sure what happened to the other 20 :haha:

That sounds like a fantastic experience ems. I hope your recovery is as quick as birth! Enjoy the baby snuggles <3

I'm being induced on Wednesday, at 42 weeks. I'm not sure what to expect. Any advice? My mw did a cervical check and said I was 3cm dilated and was pretty confident I wouldn't make it to the induction. I'm not sure if that is helpful, I was always told that this didn't indicate anything about impeding labor.

@Emsabub congratulations Mama! She's gorgeous :cloud9:.

I'll catch up on the rest later ladies, writing up my birth story finally.

IMG_20190117_232048107.jpg I went for my sweep today at 2pm, and it definitely worked! I was already 4-5 cm when I went for it, and by 4pm contractions had started. We checked in to the hospital at 6pm, and baby girl was born at 8:28pm. I received the test dose of epidural, but it had no time to kick in and my body just wanted to push. No tearing, no stitches!!

Zoe Elizabeth MacDougall
7 lbs 6 oz <3<3<3

Wow Randa, you look amazing considering you’ve given birth!!! I always look a state afterwards:haha:

What a gorgeous little girl too! Congratulations

Monday 6am induction is set unless he comes in the next couple of days. I’m still 1 cm dilated but she decided to twirl her finger around in there (made me bleed) so that was interesting lol. She said baby is right there and ready. So excited to meet my little man soon and happy to be done with prenatal appointments

Not long now w8! Did she comment on effacement or what station he's at?

Nope just said she was touching his head and that he was “right there”. She is insisting that once I go into labor it will be quick with how low he is

Nope just said she was touching his head and that he was “right there”. She is insisting that once I go into labor it will be quick with how low he is

Hmm.. was it a very uncomfortable exam?

My doc was touching the head at 37 weeks when she was at -3 station but didn’t say anything about a quick labor. It was very uncomfortable! It didn’t feel much better this week at -1 station.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"