♡ January Snowdrops 2019 ♡

This was the first time it was uncomfortable and I’ve had bleeding since too which she told me not to worry about
Also lots of cramping/contractions and my back hurts. Would be nice if baby comes before Monday.

Last edited:
I’ve been having the on and off period like pains for days now, and easily exhausted, but hardly anything I’d call a contraction. Maybe I’m one of those people that doesn’t get them early.

I kind of want to just make my induction date on Monday because I’m such a “tight-assed planner.” :sulk: :lol:

On the other hand, since natural labor seems more successful than induction, maybe I should hope for that.

I’m grateful I actually have no control and don’t have to decide. :lol:

Lol had my pedi last week and boy that felt amazing!! We are actually getting a bad snow storm tomorrow night into Sunday....yuck lol so I plan on staying in this weekend unless my little man has other plans for me. Time will tell I guess, if these contractions pick up any may eventually have to go in lol

We are also expecting bad winter weather this weekend and I'm a bit freaked about being stuck at home...but you can't control the weather or the day baby wants to come so we'll see!

Miss I hate the idea of picking a birthday for baby! It actually did factor in to trying to plan my c/s as late as possible, to give him a chance to pick himself lol

We are also expecting bad winter weather this weekend and I'm a bit freaked about being stuck at home...but you can't control the weather or the day baby wants to come so we'll see!

Miss I hate the idea of picking a birthday for baby! It actually did factor in to trying to plan my c/s as late as possible, to give him a chance to pick himself lol

We are getting the Dallas version of extreme weather — high of 69 today, but down to the 20’s Saturday night for one day, then back to the 50’s. So it shouldn’t cause any probs driving anywhere.

We are spoiling these babies already, giggle, trying to let them pick their own birthdays. Ha!

Thinking about everyone who is still to deliver, and excited to check back in and see your babies!

W8, how are you doing? It sounds like the start of something!

We decided to stay one more night at the hospital as we got the private suite and I'm treating it as a mini vacation :haha: but we're also getting a bad storm and I miss my boys so much, so we'll head home late morning. My kids came to meet their sister, and were so taken with her <3

received_2270725973204496.jpeg

Randa, that may be one of my favorite new birn family pics ever. You all look so happy and just like a really warm family to enter into!

Also I can't believe that's a hospital bed! It looks like a hotel room. Around here it's the mechanical twin sized bed for mom and a stiff couch that converts to a cot for dad :haha:

W8 I'm also eager for an update!

Miss lol yes I suppose it's silly when you put it that way :haha: do you know what climate zone you're in? I think we're 7a, we're always getting mother nature mood swings like that lol. Actually yesterday we woke up to beautiful snow covered trees and fields...all but completely melted by noon lol.

Anywho maybe it's to your benefit you haven't had contractions; that way you know when they pick up that it's probably the real deal!

Have any of the ladies still pregnant had any cervical checks? Last look I'm still sitting at 3cm dilated, 50% effaced, -3 station. Nothing exciting...but because he's engaged it's certainly making walking around, especially during contractions, a very annoying and uncomfortable event!

What a great picture, Randa! They have hotel suites at our hospital too but we’re not doing it, our deductible is large enough as it is.

Giggle, you must also be into gardening? I am in zone 8a. I made DH bring my 2 year old aloe Vera plant in off the porch last night. I am letting everything else go. Snow sounds beautiful! We might get some this morning but it will melt when it hits the ground.

I posted my cervical check earlier, -1 station, 75pct effaced, but only 1cm dilated. Think it’s that first baby, I’d like to stay syndrome.

Pretty much feel like I don’t sleep at night for peeing... oy vey.

Hey all still cooking over here lol contractions got so strong for a couple hours overnight but still not regular time wise and then tapered off for a while. I’ll get good strong waves of them but seems like this little man wants to stay put until Monday. We shall see, walking is beyond uncomfortable though and he definitely makes going to the bathroom difficult, feels like he blocks my bladder from emptying lol let’s see what today holds

Lol you guys are lucky! We have - 40celcius deepfreeze with windchill here in Canada .. :cold:

Randa what a beautiful family picture.. Awww!

Miss yeah we bought enough acreage a couple years back to be able to farm and garden/homestead. We have ducks and a couple geese, and we have been attempting to garden every year with varying success. Some plants do better than others but we seem to have a squash bug issue no matter where we plant! Additionally and ANNOYINGLY, the dang ducks get into the gardens and strip plants of fruit! Their favorite are my black cherry tomatoes. They ate every last one last year after their gate was accidentally left open one night. This past year we had a torrential downpour and it beat my fence to the ground that was protecting the tomatoes and the ducks walked right over it and had a feast :roll: at least i got to eat a few this time!

The funny thing is because they eat them and free range, they poop out seeds all over so we'll find volunteer plants pop up in random spots. We had a ton of ground cherries this year because of that!

W8, much empathy for your pain! I'm there today, so much pressure that when i walk it is a chore. And if i contract i have to slow to the pace of a slug with awkward wide steps :haha: every time I go to pee I just feel like my water is going to break from so much pressure!

Anywho i hope you go into labor soon but as a FTM, you just never know how stubborn your uterus will be :haha:

Forgot to say I'm timing contractions right now. Looking at 6-8 minutes apart...they aren't super consistent on time though but I'm getting the tinge of lower back pain now with them...we'll see!

@gigglebox I just have to say that that's kind of cute that your Ducks ate all of the tomatoes and funny at the same time lol :haha:.

Sorry ladies, I've been reading everything just haven't had the time to reply to everyone.

Giggle, your little farm sounds awesome! When I first bought my house (on a quarter acre at most), I looked forward to growing some of my own food. It was a rude awakening how difficult and expensive gardening really is. LOL. We have heavy clay soil and brutally hot summers here. I have had success with herbs and some with tomatoes, peppers, lettuce, and other fairly easy to grow veg. No animals but cats here!
What are ground cherries like? They talk about those in Little House on the Prairie, and I always wondered.

Any update with your contractions?

I'm still sitting here slightly period achy, but no real change. I did all of the laundry at least.

All prepped for my c section! I am having regular painful contractions but not progressing at all -.- so I have opted for the c/s. Honestly the pain is bad enough that it helped make my decision. Like screw laboring if it's going to be like this again...all the pain and minimal progression.

I have 2 iv's in and waiting for platelet count to come back, then off for surgery!

Good thoughts, prayers, and juju are appreciated!

All prepped for my c section! I am having regular painful contractions but not progressing at all -.- so I have opted for the c/s. Honestly the pain is bad enough that it helped make my decision. Like screw laboring if it's going to be like this again...all the pain and minimal progression.

I have 2 iv's in and waiting for platelet count to come back, then off for surgery!

Good luck, how exciting!

Good luck hun!! Can't wait to see pictures of your little boy and about how the c-section goes. :happydance:

Here are some pictures of Tobi! :cloud9:

FB_IMG_1547761343235.jpg FB_IMG_1547761305673.jpg FB_IMG_1547288307582.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->