• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

♡ January Snowdrops 2019 ♡

I’m not used to baby boys. After his circumcission he was a different baby and wouldn’t nurse right. Broke my heart but we are good now. Prayers that we get another dirty diaper today. We didn’t have one yesterday.

@bbbbbbb811 Good luck hun!! I hope you get a room soon too.

@mwel8819 I'm sad, I wasn't able to get Tobi circumcised because my insurance wouldn't pay for it and they wanted money right up front. They didn't even have any payment plans.

Bbb remind me why you're already in the hospital...?

Mwel & kiwi not to stir anyone up but I completely regret circ job on ds1. We had a horrible experience. I don't have any regrets in life except that. We did not cut ds2 or 3. Mwel i hope he is ok and heals nicely for you! Kiwi do some research, definitely not necessarily a bad thing you can't do it...

Hi ladies! Sorry I've been mia! Been following along but life has been crazy adjusting to 3. Addie is 2 week old already and I can't believe it! She was 7lbs 8oz when she was born and is doing amazingly. She is so chill and easy going as far as newborns go and he brothers are obsessed. We had a super fast labour, and did it 100% natural which I was happy about. Recovery has been okay, but it's hard to not do anything with a house and family to take care of!

Congrats to all the mamas! We have so many beautiful babies in here!!

Bbbb hang in there! It will all be done soon.

As for the circ- both my boys had them and I have zero regrets about it...mwel it heals quickly so don't stress too much.

How are all the babies? Are you all getting any rest????

Bbb remind me why you're already in the hospital...?

Mwel & kiwi not to stir anyone up but I completely regret circ job on ds1. We had a horrible experience. I don't have any regrets in life except that. We did not cut ds2 or 3. Mwel i hope he is ok and heals nicely for you! Kiwi do some research, definitely not necessarily a bad thing you can't do it...

I agree that there's no clear health benefits (unless you are doing it for religious reasons) all my nephews are intact and never had any problems. But that's my opinion!

We're on our way to baby's pediatrician appt. We'll see how much weight she's gained and jaundice appear to be gone. Jesse will Jesse1mth.jpg be 1 month tomorrow!

@bbbbbbb811 Good luck hun!! I hope you get a room soon too.

@mwel8819 I'm sad, I wasn't able to get Tobi circumcised because my insurance wouldn't pay for it and they wanted money right up front. They didn't even have any payment plans.

Woooowww I can’t stand insurance companies or any creditors that don’t offer payment plans.

That's good to hear!
Just want to say that i am not judging on what y'all decide, we are all doing our best by our kids :hugs:

Awww country that is awesome! Did you tear at all? Congratulations again!

Molly a month already?! Hard to believe. That hat! Awwwww

Jacob didn’t want to nurse much after his circumcision and was at times difficult to console yesterday but today he is so much better and happy again. We are home and exhausted lol it will feel good to sleep in my bed tonight

Awww country that is awesome! Did you tear at all? Congratulations again!

I had one stitch..and too be honest once my swelling went down I couldnt even find where it was.. so it obviously wasn't that bad. Considering she came in 2 hours after my water broke I'm surprised I didn't tear more. It certainly was a more painful labour than ds2. I was less than 4 hours after my water broke with him.

Oh and here's some pictures I took yesterday

IMG_20190122_105036_387.jpg

@MollyMoon Jesse is so beautiful hun! I can't believe she'll be a month old already, time sure does fly!

@mwel8819 I'm glad Gavin is doing a lot better after his circumcision. I bet his big sister is totally in love with him!?

@gigglebox Do I have to pull back the skin and clean it when I give him a bath? I'm just so afraid because he's so fragile right now and I don't want to hurt him. By the way I have that sunflower pillow that you were talking about before, I use it in the bathroom sink. he seems to be much more calm when I give him a bath in the bathtub with me (I only fill the water up a little bit). It was so cute this morning when I gave him one, he was just staring up at me the whole time with his big eyes.

@countryblonde Addison is so adorable, she looks just like you by the way hun! I love that picture of her with her tongue sticking out, it's just too darn cute.

@bbbbbbb811 how are things progressing hun? I hope the hospital stay hasn't been too rough on you.

@NovaStar how is sweet baby Cleo doing? I'm sorry I forgot, but have you been able to take her home yet?

AFM: Tobi had his 2 week appointment today and he's doing amazing! He's already 9 lbs 1 oz & 23 inches long. I'm using the same pediatrician that I've been using for my girls since they were born, she said he's going to be a tall baby! I attached a picture of him after he had his first bath (when his cord finally fell off).

FB_IMG_1548298507635.jpg

Last edited:
Omg country those pictures!!!!! Look at her cute tongue! And the one where she looks like she's faking a tear :haha: they are fantastic. Beautiful eyes too

Kiwi NO, do not pull back the skin! It is temporarily attached and will separate over time. You can gently check it on occasion to see, but it may take months or more. When it gets to where you can pull it back, at that point you'll need to clean it. Doing it with his bath routine works fine. Don't let it intimidate you! I always thought cleaning the folds of a little baby vagina sounded way more intimidating! Haha

I love all these pics!
Omg that hair!!!

What's up hun? Sorry I just need a little more detail.
Tips for better latching and thoughts about pacifiers. I'm very tempted to give him one. Or anything that had made breast feeding easier. Thank you

@erher For latching, hold the back of baby's head & neck while bringing him to breast and lightly rub your nipple against his lip. Leaning his head back at an angle to your breast to try and get him to open his mouth nice & wide also helps. You can also try the football hold, I would recommend looking up a video on how to do that properly. That position really helps some babies who have trouble latching properly. As for pacifiers, some babies like them and some don't. I recommend an orthopedic paci. I generally use them when I know he's not hungry, for example when he is just lightly sucking for comfort. Half the time my baby boy doesn't even want to use them and mainly uses them when I'm carrying him in the sling or holding him. It's generally good for those moments when he won't stop cluster feeding and I need a break or during times I can't nurse him (like going grocery shopping).

Tobi is attached to me constantly, even more so than both of my girls. He doesn't even sleep unless I'm holding him or he's sleeping with me in the bed. I don't recommend nursing and co-sleeping unless you're completely comfortable with it or really experienced with breastfeeding.

The best kind of help you can get is speaking to a lactation consultant. Your baby boys pediatrician should have a lactation consultant that you can talk to. Hands-On help is sometimes the best especially since they will be able to see how well your baby boy is latching.

Also, if you're having trouble getting him to sleep I would swaddle him before you nurse him. Sometimes our babies like to wake themselves up with their little hands and arms, so having them swaddled really helps. Not all the time though, some babies just don't like being swaddled.

Last edited:
@erher For latching, hold the back of baby's head & neck while bringing him to breast and lightly rub your nipple against his lip. Leaning his head back at an angle to your breast to try and get him to open his mouth nice & wide also helps. You can also try the football hold, I would recommend looking up a video on how to do that properly. That position really helps some babies who have trouble latching properly. As for pacifiers, some babies like them and some don't. I recommend an orthopedic paci. I generally use them when I know he's not hungry, for example when he is just lightly sucking for comfort. Half the time my baby boy doesn't even want to use them and mainly uses them when I'm carrying him in the sling or holding him. It's generally good for those moments when he won't stop cluster feeding and I need a break or during times I can't nurse him (like going grocery shopping).

Tobi is attached to me constantly, even more so than both of my girls. He doesn't even sleep unless I'm holding him or he's sleeping with me in the bed. I don't recommend nursing and co-sleeping unless you're completely comfortable with it or really experienced with breastfeeding.

The best kind of help you can get is speaking to a lactation consultant. Your baby boys pediatrician should have a lactation consultant that you can talk to. Hands-On help is sometimes the best especially since they will be able to see how well your baby boy is latching.

Also, if you're having trouble getting him to sleep I would to swaddle him before you nurse him. Sometimes our babies like to wake themselves up with their little hands and arms, so having them swaddled really helps. Not all the time though, some babies just don't like being swaddled.
Thank you so much for the information. Its really encouraging and helpful. I'm definitely thinking about introducing the pacifier for those reasons. I'm really exhausted and sometimes he just wants to suck, I think it would be helpful in this situation. Its a bit overwhelming. I'm a ftm and I'm trying my best. I spoke to the lactation consultant and she gave very productive feedback and tips, but I'm having trouble applying them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->