♡ January Snowdrops 2019 ♡

Jamers he is adorable!!! I love his shirt! Glad the routine is coming along. Honestly, it gets much easier after that. Especially when they move into once a night feeds. I am looking forward to that but not to him growing so quick! Ahhh can't believe we survived our first week over here -- and you a whole month! What the what...?!

Hi ladies! Everyone has such beautiful little ones! I'm so happy that we all have our babies now!

Jaxsin is officially 1 month old as of yesterday. He is 9 lbs 6 ounces, so he is 1 pound over his birth weight. He has gotten the hang of latching and is feeding like a champ! And, he can hold his head up really well already. We are beyond infatuated with him ❤❤
View attachment 1053914
I am exhausted but we are finding a routine and are adjusting. I go back to work in 2 weeks and it is going to break my heart.

Looks like our little ones are only a few days apart!
He looks so cool and chill on his blanket!
I feel sad for you having to go back to work... I don't even wanna think about work let alone go to it. Hope it's not too hard on you.

Gigglebox - thank you so much ! Even though jaundice is not a totally serious condition initially-- I really felt scared and sad for her and so it feels really good that she doesn't have to deal with Dr's and hospital anymore, plus it broke my heart every time they poke her little foot to do bloodwork

Ugh that's the worst...and any time things aren't going 100% ok with baby we tend to freak, right? Maybe that's a mom thing...

I'm kinda struggling over here ladies. We're on day 5 and the baby blues are in full force. The nighttime gives me so much anxiety. I'm crying all the time, I'm so stressed my appetite has vanished. Which isn't helping with the breast feeding and overall energy. I'm feeling spiritually unhealthy and defeated. I love my boy with every fiber in my body. I'm trying to be a good mommy. When does it get easier?

Some support would be greatly appreciated. If anyone is willing to message one on one I would be very thankful for it. I know we all have newborns right now, so I don't want to cause anyone anymore stress.

:hugs: oh gurrrrrrrrl I feel for ya! I call it "the hormone dump". It's the time after birth, after the placenta detaches, where hormones are just PUMPED through you. I hold things together pretty well whrn pregnant; I have occasions of getting irrationally upset but i can easily identify it as being silly. The post baby hormone dump is an entirely different animal. It's a flood of emotions made ever more complicated by sleep deprivation and the demands of a newborn. I've experienced it every pregnancy. My first was the worst...though with 2&3 my rage was directed at no one in particular, well maybe hubby as i envied his freedom to sleep and continue to go to work...with 1 i was taking it out on baby. Of course never physically but i would get so frustrated when he woke up frequently at night, or didn't want to sleep. I would threw bottles at the wall when he was inconsolably crying and refusing the milk. At one point i was so frustrated i punched a (small) hole in the wall. I shed a lot of tears. I swore off any more kids! I remember a couple of occasions, rocking a crying baby, where hubby came in and I sternly declared, through streaming tears, "we are NOT doing this again." :rofl: funny in retrospect and two more kids later lol, but it was brutal at the time! It took me about 3 years to come around to the idea of a second and a few more months to start trying (and a few more to conceive; hence a 5 year age gap between 1&2). Things were infinitely easier the second time around.

I can't really remember when there was a shift in things and they became easier. The first few weeks are definitely the hardest. Once baby starts to establish something of a routine, it gets easier. I do know that one of my good friends and I used to have texting conversations in the middle of the night bitching about how easy it is to be a father while we had babies attached to us and they slept peacefully beside us lol. That was around week 10-14 or so.

I guess for me it's hardest in the beginning, but the episodes of being really defeated space out as the weeks go on.

All that said...if you're really just feeling emotionally crushed don't rule out ppd and don't hesitate to ask your ob for some outlets to help with it. I also suggest looking up any local baby group meet ups so you can commiserate with other new moms.

Hopefully at least something i've said is helpful! Just remember you are in the worst of it now. It will get better :hugs:

erher, Giggle covered what I would say, but I just wanted to send you a big hug too. It is SO hard, and you're doing a great job I'm sure (acknowledging your feelings and also how much you love your little guy are proof you're doing your best). Be kind to yourself - it's a difficult and delicate time, and keep reaching out to chat and vent <3

Erher, I agree that giggle's response was great. I did end up with ppd after my first, and I'm happy to talk to you via pm.

Hang in there. The newborn period is really tough. It does get better. You're a good mom.

@erher the other ladies said it perfectly. I would also like to add, you're not alone. Tobi has been a lot more clingy to me than my girls were. I get maybe an hour break per day. I've resorted to co-sleeping & nursing him at the same time. I did that with my girls and I'm a light sleeper as well, so I have a bit of experience with it. My bf keeps pressuring me to switch to formula but I don't think he understands that it will only make things worse, especially since Tobi is used to sleeping with me now (plus I don't want to switch). I've taken my frustrations out on my bf, I'm also jealous he gets all the sleep he wants.

Last edited:
I just have to say I'm so glad Tobi likes pacifiers, my girls hated them! ](*,)

Oh and for anyone curious, here is the pacifier I'm currently using for Tobi. He absolutely loves it, which is a shock because as I've said my girls hated regular pacifiers, I wish they had this brand or i had known about it when my girls were babies.

Link: Smilo

Last edited:
I had the baby blues for about 3 weeks after Cleo was born. My appetite completely disappeared for a while and I ate about once a day. I was triggered by almost everything during that time. Plus, healing was really rough and having her in the NICU felt like a cruel joke. Honestly, you just take one day at a time. One moment. Then eventually the things that used to make you cry just don’t anymore. I’m kinda experiencing a little relapse because everyone here has their lovely sweet babies at home to snuggle and though I had my baby first, I still don’t have her home with me. It’s hard, but I really do take it one day at a time.

Biggest hugs Nova. My heart goes out to you. I wish i knew what to say to make you feel better. I am glad she is making such amazing steps towards release though. What a little trooper, especially considering what an early birthday she had. It's really quite amazing.

I can't say it well-but kiwi said what I was thinking.

Hugs to you Nova and Er. I'm sorry you have that.
Prayers for both of you and extra special prayer that little Nova can be home asap with her family :hugs:

Any suggestions on getting baby to sleep in a bedside cosleeper versus on me? Lol

He has been a great sleeper -- knock on wood but he's my first kid that has days & nights correct off the bat (other two slept forever during the day and were up all night). Problem is he only sleeps well on my chest :/ i've got him to do a few stretches of sleep in the cosleeper but that was a couple nights ago; since then any time i go to set him in, he wakes up.

I've found he will sleep in the rock & play (day naps) but I've heard mixed reviews on sleeping long stretches in there...

Giggle, no advice, but I'm in the exact same boat! Zoe will sleep well at night on us, but wakes up quickly if put in the cosleeper. We also have a rock n play, and I decided to go ahead with daytime naps in there because she does really well in it (my boys hated their swings) - I feel like the incline is good for reflux, but not unsafe for keeping a clear airway.

Nova, I can't imagine how hard your journey has been. You and Cleo are both amazing and very strong <3

Did you try putting baby in cosleeper for day naps? Forgive me if that's an ignorant suggestion ..

Not ignorant, and no...been sticking with the rocker because i can easily move it into the room i'm in. The cosleeper is more or less stuck in my bedroom. I will have to try it though...During the day sounds like a good time to try and get him adjusted to it. At night I'm so desperate for sleep myself that I try a couple time and give in to chest sleeping just so I can crash too!

I am getting probably more sleep now than I was at the end of my pregnancy and yet I'm way more knackered now than ever. Is this a breastfeeding thing? Hormone thing? In the past I assumed it was just sleep deprivation but honestly this one is my best sleeper of the three kids.

Again, same here - definitely my best sleeper and I'm getting a solid stretch of sleep, but I'm beyond wiped out. I do think it's a breastfeeding thing. I'm still nursing my 2 year old as well, and I am so drained!

Omg ladies I wish I could use a tampon so bad!! :hissy: I hate pads so much unless I have a really heavy bleed. no matter how many times I change during the day they still suck. I'm not even bleeding that much either, it's less than a light period.

@bbbbbbb811 I hope you and baby are ok.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back