♡ January Snowdrops 2019 ♡

Thank you so much for the information. Its really encouraging and helpful. I'm definitely thinking about introducing the pacifier for those reasons. I'm really exhausted and sometimes he just wants to suck, I think it would be helpful in this situation. Its a bit overwhelming. I'm a ftm and I'm trying my best. I spoke to the lactation consultant and she gave very productive feedback and tips, but I'm having trouble applying them.
:hugs: hang in there Mama, it does get better. What advice did she give you?

Hi ladies, I gave birth on 23/01 at 19:40 but unfortunately haemorrhaged a couple of hours after the birth so I’m completely wiped and will update when I feel a bit better. Hope everyone is ok

Erher i suggest looking up "deep latch" videos on YouTube. If you're anything like me, seeing it is very helpful versus reading/pictures.

My personal opinion on pacifiers is to get the latch down before you introduce it. But for me it has helped for the same reasons kiwi mentioned. He was able to use it to sooth himself in the hospital nursery and sleep there for a couple hours. So far at home the paci is for entertainment or down time but the only way he'll sleep is like kiwi mentioned -- swaddled, then brought to boob for a feed untl he passed out, then VERY GENTLY placed in bed. Of course none of this works if he just isn't ready for sleep! In that case he'll doze off but the second head touches crib he's wide awake :roll:

FTM's -- hang in there! The first baby is by far the most difficult adjustment. It really does get easier. We're alk just going through the toughest stage right now which is adjusting to a new baby in the house. This makes the biggest impact, in my opinion, when it's the first baby.

"The days are long but the years are short". Early days are rough but I promise in a few weeks, months, on their first bday...you are going to be blown away by how fast it all went!

Bbb congratulations! I hope you're doing ok. Hopefully you are recovering well and don't need a transfusion :hugs: I am excitedly awaiting your bitth story and pics when you feel up to it!

Jesse will kind of Bob her head at the boob sometimes and miss the nipple and not latch so I pointed the nipple right to the roof of her mouth and she gets the latch pretty much every time.

Im a ftm too so it's kinda trial and whatever works for us..
I do try the advice though.. When they say not to give up they are right though it's just the learning curve for baby and mom.

Bbbb congrats! Hope you are well, And baby. Yes hopefully you don't have to get the transfusion.

AFM Jesse's appt went well. Since her appointment 2wks ago she has gained over a pound! She was born 6lbs 2oz and left the hospital at 5lbs 11oz at 2 weeks was back to birth weight and yesterday she measured 7lbs 5oz!The Dr was very pleased, and I'm happy to report that shes been totally off formula supplement last 2 weeks. Her jaundice is pretty much gone. Happy baby happy mommy :dance:

I love all the new mama questions and help. It’s so cool seeing everyone go from BFPs to real babies. Amazing.

Nope, Cleo isn’t home yet. She still has too high of oxygen needs, but they are slowly working on it. Lungs are the last thing to fully develop in a preemie so it’s just a waiting game. She might also need a gtube placed because she’s barely taking a bottle and they don’t want to force it and cause an aversion. Insurance won’t allow a baby to come home on an NG tube unless they are taking at least 80% of their feeds by bottle. Cleo is only doing about 30% on her best days. So if her oxygen needs go down but her bottle feeding doesn’t improve, then a gtube would let her come home. It’s all up in the air, it depends on her, but I’m fine with it.

Erher i suggest looking up "deep latch" videos on YouTube. If you're anything like me, seeing it is very helpful versus reading/pictures.

My personal opinion on pacifiers is to get the latch down before you introduce it. But for me it has helped for the same reasons kiwi mentioned. He was able to use it to sooth himself in the hospital nursery and sleep there for a couple hours. So far at home the paci is for entertainment or down time but the only way he'll sleep is like kiwi mentioned -- swaddled, then brought to boob for a feed untl he passed out, then VERY GENTLY placed in bed. Of course none of this works if he just isn't ready for sleep! In that case he'll doze off but the second head touches crib he's wide awake :roll:

FTM's -- hang in there! The first baby is by far the most difficult adjustment. It really does get easier. We're alk just going through the toughest stage right now which is adjusting to a new baby in the house. This makes the biggest impact, in my opinion, when it's the first baby.

"The days are long but the years are short". Early days are rough but I promise in a few weeks, months, on their first bday...you are going to be blown away by how fast it all went!
All I can say is, thank you. This reply meant a lot!

:hugs: hang in there Mama, it does get better. What advice did she give you?
That's what everyone says, I'm definitely devoted to seeing breast feeding through. She taught me how to get a deep latch. That's what I was most concerned about. I got it with her in the room, but once I tried it alone it didn't go so well. I need practice, which I'm absolutely getting. It's kinda hard when he's so hungry and squirmy and I haven't slept. I appreciate any latch at that moment. How about purposeful cluster feeding? Any thoughts on that?

We were sent home on Thursday. I am completely exhausted still and have meds to take for my tear stitches and hemorrhoid the size of a buick (sorry TMI). My pitocin took from 6 am until we started pushing around 8 pm, and she was born at 10:53 pm.

I think my epidural fell out somewhere around 9:30 or 9:45, and I have to say, I would never do natural childbirth on purpose! I was crying on the delivery table. Nobody knew why my pain was so bad for a while, and I probably did the best pushing then but they did eventually get me some more drugs because I was at a level 9 or 10 pain.

I am super in love with my little beauty and hope I get this motherhood stuff figured out soon. Breast feeding is not going well at all and I've already started to supplement with formula. When my milk comes in, hopefully I can start doing that, but my pediatrician is open to either kind of feeding. We have latching problems (sometimes) and position problems because it's just really hard with huge boobs, and they want me to hand express colostrum but I just can't do it myself (the lactation consultants were able to.) I decided I'd rather give her some formula than wonder if she's hungry. I'm still letting her doing some sucking where I'm not sure she gets anything at all from me, and I'm going to do some pumping to encourage it to come in, but I just can't keep to the every 3 hour schedule they recommend.

OK, that's enough TMI from me for now. I hope everybody else is doing really well and I will try to catch up when I can. First doctor's appointment tomorrow!

Morning ladies well Jacob had his first appointment yesterday and he was now down 1 pound from his birth weight, very jaundice and also dehydrated so they are watching his bilirubin levels to make sure he won’t need the lights and we have to supplement formula in addition to my breast milk which is already in, have to feed him every 2 hours which is exhausting but hopefully today at his weight recheck he will have gained.

Morning ladies well Jacob had his first appointment yesterday and he was now down 1 pound from his birth weight, very jaundice and also dehydrated so they are watching his bilirubin levels to make sure he won’t need the lights and we have to supplement formula in addition to my breast milk which is already in, have to feed him every 2 hours which is exhausting but hopefully today at his weight recheck he will have gained.

Good luck and prayers for you.. Hope his levels improve and he doesn't need the lights. :hug:

@MissMarpleFan Sorry it's been hard on you with BF :hugs:. Colostrum is so important for newborn babies, that's probably why they were pushing you so hard to hand express. Good luck with the pumping hun. By the way, I don't have much experience with formula feeding but I do believe you still have to feed every 3 hours. It will definitely be easier on you though because husband can feed your baby girl to give you a break. Breastfeeding on demand is very time consuming (sometimes every 30 minutes) and formula is definitely easier, just a lot more expensive.

@W8tingforbaby good luck hun, I hope he starts getting some of his birth weight back and doesn't need the lights. Great job on your milk already coming in! Mine came in pretty quickly this time as well.

In one day he went from 7 lbs 3oz to now being 7 lbs 8.6 oz!! I’m getting about 2 oz total right now combined from both breasts so she said by Sunday I can stop supplementing and just go back to putting him on me which I need because my breasts are so engorged even with breastfeeding and my ob said him nursing will help better with that. I woke up today to chills and my boobs being red and hot so I need to get them drained better

In one day he went from 7 lbs 3oz to now being 7 lbs 8.6 oz!! I’m getting about 2 oz total right now combined from both breasts so she said by Sunday I can stop supplementing and just go back to putting him on me which I need because my breasts are so engorged even with breastfeeding and my ob said him nursing will help better with that. I woke up today to chills and my boobs being red and hot so I need to get them drained better
The pump not working well to drain them hun?

Great news w8! Yikes be careful, sounds like it could be mastitis. If you don't get relief soon I'd call your ob.

Sorry for all having troubke with themselves and/or baby :( early days are so rough. Early days are why I swore I'd never wanted more than one :rofl:

Personally I struggle with the sleep deprivation. Also breastfeeding makes you sleepy...as do pain killers...so even after a decent stretch of sleep I still feel so dang tired! I feel like I'm coping a bit better this time around though. So far...

I did see my ob and she didn’t feel like it was mastitis yet but did call in an antibiotic just in case things got worse and I’ve continued to get chills and now a temp of 101.5 so I started the antibiotics. I’ll have to follow up with her now Monday. Just when things felt like they were going good this happens. So frustrating

Hi ladies! Everyone has such beautiful little ones! I'm so happy that we all have our babies now!

Jaxsin is officially 1 month old as of yesterday. He is 9 lbs 6 ounces, so he is 1 pound over his birth weight. He has gotten the hang of latching and is feeding like a champ! And, he can hold his head up really well already. We are beyond infatuated with him ❤❤
FB_IMG_1548494863986.jpg
I am exhausted but we are finding a routine and are adjusting. I go back to work in 2 weeks and it is going to break my heart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->