♡ January Snowdrops 2019 ♡

Pretty quiet in here .. Everyone must be tired and super busy.
Hope y'all are getting rest and recoup well..

Jesse hates being burped !? Anyone else can relate??

I'm up feeding : )
Hoping this baby gets his fill soon and goes back to sleep...
Can't relate on the burping hatred. About the only thing that makes this kid mad is being put down in the co sleeper...that and wet diapers, even if they are barely soiled.

Kiwi i hate that rule too especially since I believe tampons are sterile...I definitely bled over the side of my pad last night and it got on my sheet :roll:

Btw ladies if this happens to you saturate the stain in hydrogen peroxide before washing it; should get it mostly out :thumbup:

Myles has an appointment this afternoon to check his weight. Fx he has gained; if not i will be concerned as all this kid does is nurse!!!

Giggle so was I about the same time, 6:15 here though.
Molly I agree with you though I think everyone is tired & busy!
Hope everyone’s doing okay <3

My mother in law is visiting this week from Florida, so we have been enjoying our time with her. It is supposed to be below zero today, so we are staying inside and bundling up.

Our little guy has had a runny nose the last 2 days, and our pediatrician suggested we get a Nose Frida. Does anyone have any experience with them? I've just been using my bulb to clear out his nose.

Re bleeding over: I bought some of those old lady Always brand incontinence undies to wear while I’m bleeding this much. They haven’t leaked and I feel super sexy. ;)

Been pretty busy trying to figure out this momming stuff.. my own mom and dad are visiting for a too-short week tomorrow.

@Jamers89 i haven't used one but some people swear by them. The idea grossed me out a bit but i hear they're very useful. They have other products too that are effective but make you cringe, like the "wind ease" which is basically like a tube you put in baby's bum but it relieves gas. Again, makes me uncomfortable, but people love it.

Miss, hmmm there's an idea! I'm not bleeding all that much honestly but I'll remember that trick for my first pp period. That situation was like a dang river flowing last time.

@Jamers89 oof I hate the cold, wish it was spring already!! I've used a nosefrida, they actually work really well for getting out those boogies and snot. I would be really gentle when using it on an infant's nose, and I would only use it a couple times a day if you need to. Baby noses are so sensitive. I would also suggest getting a saline solution spray, it can really help get out the hard stuck on stuck-on boogies.

@MollyMoon Tobi likes being burped, I put him over one of my shoulders and he rests his head on me while I burp him. Sometimes he even falls asleep!

MissMarple, same! I'm using Depends Silhouette this time for postpartum bleeding, and they are amazing! No bunching, shifting or leaking and way less bulky. I hate pads! A bit TMI, but I ended up with a terrible UTI a couple days ago, and am on antibiotics. So uncomfortable!

Giggle, good tip about the peroxide for stains. I also love Buncha Farmers stain stick. If you haven't heard of it, you should Google it and see if it's available near you/online, ladies! It's amazing, super cheap and lasts forever, and gets out everything - blood, baby poop, wine, oil...

Last edited:
Congrats on all the January births!

Looks like I'll be part of the February group after all

How do you update the signature to show baby is born? Maybe I can’t see it because I’m on my phone.

Nova, when do you expect to bring Cleo home?

Margot’s first selfie with mommy and other cuteness.

4F5DE9EA-3F52-4824-B66B-1FEC11D1A69D.jpeg B2F43277-0FA7-4E07-9185-CD8AC9F070E6.jpeg D3491A66-CE79-4C15-98A1-F5D3939F3D95.jpeg

Last edited:
Tree you've been so quiet! There's time yet!

Ok who was it on here who had the concern with baby losing weight? I'm in that boat now :( we're rechecking it again monday but he is down 9-10% of his birth weight. I fully expected him to gain today at his appointment because he is constantly eating! If he's awake, he's eating.

The dr was optimistic and said we'll probably see a gain next time but I am upset and worried. Breastfeeding has never gone well for me and i'm really worried that he'll need to be supplemented with formula.

I am just feeling defeated and like a failure that I can't adequately feed my babies.

Tree you've been so quiet! There's time yet!

Ok who was it on here who had the concern with baby losing weight? I'm in that boat now :( we're rechecking it again monday but he is down 9-10% of his birth weight. I fully expected him to gain today at his appointment because he is constantly eating! If he's awake, he's eating.

The dr was optimistic and said we'll probably see a gain next time but I am upset and worried. Breastfeeding has never gone well for me and i'm really worried that he'll need to be supplemented with formula.

I am just feeling defeated and like a failure that I can't adequately feed my babies.
My little guy was down a full pound 3 days after birth and we have been supplementing since. He has another weight check tomorrow to see how he is doing (he was up at day 4 because of the formula) to make sure he is still gaining which I don’t doubt but now my milk supply is basically gone because trying to pump constantly was both exhausting and impossible with feeding him also

@treeroot Good luck hun!! Can't wait to hear an update after you give birth!!

@MissMarpleFan she's so cute!! :cloud9: You can update your signature by going to Lilypie and creating a new one.

@gigglebox I'm sorry hun, hopefully he's getting some weight so you can feel more confident about breastfeeding. :hugs:

I'm worried about @bbbbbbb811 . She hasn't updated on how her & baby are doing.

My little guy was down a full pound 3 days after birth and we have been supplementing since. He has another weight check tomorrow to see how he is doing (he was up at day 4 because of the formula) to make sure he is still gaining which I don’t doubt but now my milk supply is basically gone because trying to pump constantly was both exhausting and impossible with feeding him also

Hope things get better for you and your supply comes back, don't give up! Are you using an electric pump?

It was totally exhausting feeding or trying to feed a sleepy baby who would not wake up cause of the jaundice. I totally feel for you! Hope their weight is up for their sake and yours

Last edited:
Molly ugh frel you on that one! My last baby was like that. No health issues but he would NOT stay awake to eat! The second a nipple was in his mouth he would drift off. I tried alk the tricks to get him to stay awake but no luck. I had to supplement and pump and brrastfeed and it was just exhausting, physically and mentally.

Part of the reason i was so happy this time, feeling like i was finally going to get to EBF (ds1 wouldn't latch at all). :roll:

Hoping so much he has gained a good amount by monday!

We had trouble with the weigh-in on Tuesday as well, and were put on a stricter feeding schedule and have another weigh in tomorrow.

I’m trying to pump 3 times per 24 hours, b-feed once, and bottle feed a mixture of pumped milk and formula the rest of the feeds. I may add another breast feeding if my poor right nipple ever feels better! I’m a big fan of bottles, and luckily she likes them too. The pediatrician told me to stop the punishing schedule of more pumping, more b-feeding (still have to supplement those with bottle after). That was a relief. Apparently my thyroid issues could be affecting my milk production too. I sure hope Margot has gained some weight by 1:30 today.

Sorry Kiwi, we got released from hospital yesterday after Tayla had pneumonia and had a brief stay on Nicu then we were kept on the ward until she finished her antibiotics. We are home now and she has made a full recovery, I’m just very cautious about going anywhere while she is so small since she’s been ill already.

I’m glad everyone is doing well, minus the exhaustion and feeding troubles. I am reading all your update and love seeing how you and you babies are doing!

Bbb yikes that sounds so scary! I am glad to hear she is doing better and your fear about going out places is understandable!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->