♡ January Snowdrops 2019 ♡

Glad she’s doing better, bbb!

My doctor told me not to take the baby anywhere for 6 weeks, do they give different advice in UK?

DCC20206-5424-47C6-8B0A-5FE61A24E1C6.jpeg Well in 1 week we are only up 2 oz and I’m pretty much just formula feeding now as my supply is pretty much dried up unfortunately but as long as he is fed that’s all I care but we are still on a strict schedule because he should have gained more in a week they said. We have another weight check next Wednesday

The weight checks are nerve wrecking!

What an absolute cutie though <3 hope he starts gaining more quickly for you.

Miss I don't think any of my doctors have ever given a time limit on taking the baby out...

Glad she’s doing better, bbb!

My doctor told me not to take the baby anywhere for 6 weeks, do they give different advice in UK?

Whoa! Six weeks? I’ve never gotten advice like that. That’s so unrealistic. I took my first out and about starting at two weeks and when Cleo comes home she’s going out immediately because I kinda have to take her with me when taking my oldest to school or running errands. My husband works in another state 3 days a week so...I can’t imagine not going out with my baby for six weeks.

I’m sure plenty of people don’t/can’t follow the 6 week advice, but her Dad is pretty overprotective so he wants me to do everything they say. It’s to avoid exposure to sick people.

A walk outside is OK but not inside to grocery store, sporting events, etc they said.

Interesting that others aren’t told the same thing! I think DH wants to lock us both up, lol.

Oh and Margot gained 4 oz in 2 days since her last weigh in!

Whoa! Six weeks? I’ve never gotten advice like that. That’s so unrealistic. I took my first out and about starting at two weeks and when Cleo comes home she’s going out immediately because I kinda have to take her with me when taking my oldest to school or running errands. My husband works in another state 3 days a week so...I can’t imagine not going out with my baby for six weeks.

My family physician told me 6-8 weeks.. Mainly because I don't get flu shots.

Sorry Kiwi, we got released from hospital yesterday after Tayla had pneumonia and had a brief stay on Nicu then we were kept on the ward until she finished her antibiotics. We are home now and she has made a full recovery, I’m just very cautious about going anywhere while she is so small since she’s been ill already.

I’m glad everyone is doing well, minus the exhaustion and feeding troubles. I am reading all your update and love seeing how you and you babies are doing!
Really glad to hear you and Tayla are okay now. That must have been super scary that she had pneumonia especially being so young :hugs:. When was she born hun, so I can add you to the list?

Hey Kiwi, can you update the baby list for me? Cleo’s name is wrong.

Miss yay on weight gain!

The irony is the dr is telling you not to take baby out but then has you come into the dr's office, which is probably where you'd be at most risk for exposure to something :dohh:

So how are everyone's little ones doing? Is anyone settling into a schedule yet? I can't really remember when it happened with the other kids. Fortunately Myles has been sleeping at night. He wakes up once or twice to eat and go back to sleep (which generally takes and hour or two) but i can definitely live with that. The biggest issue is getting him to sleep in the cosleeper! He dis for about 2 hours night before last, but i only got him to sleep maybe 10 minutes in it last night (tried him in there 3-4 times before i gave up).

Miss yay on weight gain!

The irony is the dr is telling you not to take baby out but then has you come into the dr's office, which is probably where you'd be at most risk for exposure to something :dohh:

So how are everyone's little ones doing? Is anyone settling into a schedule yet? I can't really remember when it happened with the other kids. Fortunately Myles has been sleeping at night. He wakes up once or twice to eat and go back to sleep (which generally takes and hour or two) but i can definitely live with that. The biggest issue is getting him to sleep in the cosleeper! He dis for about 2 hours night before last, but i only got him to sleep maybe 10 minutes in it last night (tried him in there 3-4 times before i gave up).

Yes that's what I thought about Dr's instructions lol

Just when you think you and babe are on a schedule... We were up almost every hour hour last night. She's been fussing all day till just now 1:05pm down for a nap [-o&lt;

Bbb, how scary! Glad to hear your little one is all better.

We waited 2 weeks to take Jaxsin out, and he (knock on wood) hasn't gotten sick yet. Breastmilk is awesome!

We are getting into a good routine. Jax will eat at 8 PM, and then we will have a bath or some playtime until about 9 PM. He goes to sleep, and I get an hour of me time before we go to bed at 10 PM. He wakes up to nurse at midnight or 1 AM, and is usually back to sleep by 2 AM. We have a cuddle after he nurses, it is the only way he will fall asleep. He sleeps until 6 or 7 AM, and we are up for the day. So far it is working, but we will have to see how it goes once I go back to work. I go back on the 11th, and my heart is just not ready.

Aww that is so soon :( glad he's a good little sleeper for you! I sadly get no cuddles unless he's sleeping and curled up. If he's awake, he's eating. My other kids would snuggle...this one, not so much, which is unfortunate because i loooooove baby cuddles!

So nice to hear updates!

@bbbbbbb811 I'm so glad Tayla is feeling better, and sorry you guys went through that! Pneumonia is scary, but especially for someone so young :(

@erher how are you doing?? <3

@treeroot it's February!! How are things going?

Zoe had a slow weight gain for the first six days of life and was only gaining half an ounce per day. Then she suddenly gained 9 oz in 3 days and 11 in the next 3! My mother in law left today, so tonight was my first solo night picking up the older kids, doing dinner and getting three kids to bed - it was a little stressful, lol! But they're all asleep and I'm having a glass of wine and watching a movie, so I'm considering it a pretty good first night!

A pic of Zoe from a couple days ago! And one with her biggest brother <3
FB_IMG_1548901771094.jpg FB_IMG_1548719698848.jpg

What adorable pictures!!! I need to take some tomorrow. Probably need to do an announcement...

So nice to hear updates!

@bbbbbbb811 I'm so glad Tayla is feeling better, and sorry you guys went through that! Pneumonia is scary, but especially for someone so young :(

@erher how are you doing?? <3

Zoe had a slow weight gain for the first six days of life and was only gaining half an ounce per day. Then she suddenly gained 9 oz in 3 days and 11 in the next 3! My mother in law left today, so tonight was my first solo night picking up the older kids, doing dinner and getting three kids to bed - it was a little stressful, lol! But they're all asleep and I'm having a glass of wine and watching a movie, so I'm considering it a pretty good first night!

A pic of Zoe from a couple days ago! And one with her biggest brother <3
View attachment 1054638 View attachment 1054640

Omg! So lovely .. Wish I could have done that. I love those photos!

So nice to hear updates!

Sure is! I'm....big lol. And sore. But we're going with my LMP date of Feb 2nd instead of the ultrasound date of Jan 28 so I'm not pressured into a possibly "early" induction. Have an ultrasound scheduled for Friday, but it might be nice to have baby before then!

Either way not long now! When did you go into labor before?

Sorry I haven’t been in much girls :( Daisy’s been very colicky, now I think mastitis has kicked in. Does anyone have any tips to help get rid? I’m feeding her with that boob but it’s SO painful.

Sorry I haven’t been in much girls :( Daisy’s been very colicky, now I think mastitis has kicked in. Does anyone have any tips to help get rid? I’m feeding her with that boob but it’s SO painful.

I got mastitis a couple times with my first. Ugh. You have to massage it under hot water (shower works great) and try to get that duct working again. It hurts insanely bad when you do this, but it works. Also, lecithin helps. Sorry mama! Not fun at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->