♡ January Snowdrops 2019 ♡

Sorry I haven’t been in much girls :( Daisy’s been very colicky, now I think mastitis has kicked in. Does anyone have any tips to help get rid? I’m feeding her with that boob but it’s SO painful.

Oh! And keep breastfeeding out of that breast. It’s the fastest way to unblock that duct. Rest up and hydrate, too.

Thank you ever so much Nova <3

How is your little Cleo doing?

Sorry I haven’t been in much girls :( Daisy’s been very colicky, now I think mastitis has kicked in. Does anyone have any tips to help get rid? I’m feeding her with that boob but it’s SO painful.
You poor thing are really having a rough go! I don't know what to say except i hope things get better quickly :hugs:

I thought i might be getring mastitis yesterday--fever, chills--but my sore boob is just sore, almost bruised feeling. Nothing close to the excruciating pain I hear about...so not sure what's going on...? Miggt just be a sore boob and a bug.

Thank you giggle, after my last lot of antibiotics on my due date I didn’t expect more so soon!

Is it your boob filling up maybe? I’d definitely keep an eye on it though, mine felt like that last night then the fever/chills started at 2am.

Either way not long now! When did you go into labor before?

Late. I think it was 41 weeks (and he was under 7lbs). My mom had me two weeks late, and my sister's first two kids were over 40 wks as well. So I think there may be some genetics at play!

Definitely sounds like genes! Wow that's small for an overdue baby! Then again i'm used to huge babies...it's been an adjustment having an average sized baby this time.

Ems yeah I think it's just sore full boobs (it doesn't hurt anymore) and a virus. I wasn't in pain last night but chills kicked in again around 5am, then i took meds to break the fever and i've been so hot since! No other symptoms though (other than fatigue) so i just suspect a virus and hope no one else gets it.

Thank you ever so much Nova <3

How is your little Cleo doing?

We see the light at the end of the tunnel!

On Wednesday, we will be going back to SLC Primary Children's Hospital so that Cleo can have a g-tube placed.

This is a GOOD thing! She's been on "home level" oxygen for two days and has done great. The only thing holding her back are her feeds. She only takes about 30% from a bottle (on her best days) and is developing an oral aversion.

To go home, she needs to take at least 80% by bottle. But everyone wants her home sooner rather than later, so the g-tube allows that to happen. It relieves the pressure on her to take everything by bottle when it's still so difficult for her. And it give me peace of mind because if she doesn't eat enough by bottle, I can finish giving her the food through her tube.

Without this option, she would still have months left in the NICU. Instead, she'll be coming home next week(ish)!!

We're actually excited to visit the Ronald McDonald house again. They were so happy to hear we were coming back! It's like a home away from home. It's a lovely community.

I have lots of stuff to do before we leave on Wednesday! But it's worth it!

That's awesome Nova!!! Woohoo!

Myles had his weight check today...still hasn't gained much weight...so I'm supplementing with formula now :/

Last edited:
@NovaStar I'm so glad to hear she might be coming home soon!! She's been such a little superstar the whole time!! When my oldest was in the NICU we weren't allowed to stay at the Ronald McDonald house because we lived too close (35 minutes away).

@gigglebox :hugs: I'm sorry to hear he hasn't been gaining weight. I know you really didn't want to have to supplement but it will help him put on some ounces for sure.

AFM: Tobi is doing good. his next appointment isn't until two weeks from now but I know he's put on some weight. He's already wearing 3 month clothes, 0-3 don't fit him in length. My pediatrician that I've used for my girls (now Toni) since they were born mentioned he's like a six month old Riya in weight (she's my oldest). he's been sleeping a lot better in his bed as well, still a booby monster though! :haha:

FB_IMG_1549369427526.jpg FB_IMG_1549386878552.jpg

Kiwi that's great news! I feel like there's this sense of pride in bigger kids haha. Maybe that's why I'm having a hard time with this one? He's my smallest yet.

Tobi's pictures are so cute! Babies with binkies are so adorable. None of my kids took them :/ Myles did for like a day and that was it. His philosophy seems to be "if you're going to put something in my mouth, it'd better leak milk."

Kiwi that's great news! I feel like there's this sense of pride in bigger kids haha. Maybe that's why I'm having a hard time with this one? He's my smallest yet.

Tobi's pictures are so cute! Babies with binkies are so adorable. None of my kids took them :/ Myles did for like a day and that was it. His philosophy seems to be "if you're going to put something in my mouth, it'd better leak milk."
I agree, I am pretty proud - especially since he's so healthy. Have you tried the Smilo brand? It's an orthopedic binky, Tobi didn't really care for any other kind. I almost wish I knew about them when my girls were this small, they didn't really take to a binky either.

Nah, I'm not going to push it. I've tried two types and figure one less habit to have to break later haha

Jacob has finally passed his birth weight and is 8 lbs 8 oz!! Doctor was very happy with this and we are now just dealing with a clogged tear duct otherwise all is well.

Jacob has finally passed his birth weight and is 8 lbs 8 oz!! Doctor was very happy with this and we are now just dealing with a clogged tear duct otherwise all is well.
Yay! Glad to hear he's doing well withb hijs weight! Oh wow, I've never experienced a clogged tear duct. I hope he's ok. :hugs::hugs:

My girls have a nasty cold (caught at school I'm assuming) and now OH & I have it. Hopefully Tobi doesn't get it. I'll be getting a nose frida if he does.

Doctor said 20% of babies are born with it and it’s not a major issue, they usually grow out of it within 6 months or so. Just need to clean the eye with a warm wash cloth and massage the inner eye but since he has been having more discharge than normal for him we have a prescription for ointment to use to help it out

W8 how did you get his weight up? That's great news. We're currently combination feeding to try and get Myles' weight up.

My nephew had a clogged duct. My SIL's doctor actually told her to put breast milk in it! Might be worth looking into...his was closer to a year when it cleared up.

W8 how did you get his weight up? That's great news. We're currently combination feeding to try and get Myles' weight up.

My nephew had a clogged duct. My SIL's doctor actually told her to put breast milk in it! Might be worth looking into...his was closer to a year when it cleared up.
I just love how breast milk works for everything lol :haha:. I'm totally not surprised it works for clogged tear ducts!!

Tobi slept for 6 hours last night sleeping next to me, he never sleeps that long in his bed! :shock: I'm not too worried though because I did have a boob out for him. I think he just really likes sleeping with mommy. I can't believe he's already 1 month old today!!

Just popping in to announce no baby. Going into week 41 soon (already in week 41 by my January date).

Switching to just formula was what got his weight up. Pumping and supplementing wasn’t enough for him. He loves to eat lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->