♡ January Snowdrops 2019 ♡

He is so stinkin' adorable!

Molly Nova made a good point -- could it be a sensitivity to something you're eating in the morning?

Also can definitely relate to feeling like I have a human leech at all times...but the cuteness factor...!!! THE CUTENESS!

He is so stinkin' adorable!

Molly Nova made a good point -- could it be a sensitivity to something you're eating in the morning?

Also can definitely relate to feeling like I have a human leech at all times...but the cuteness factor...!!! THE CUTENESS!

I'm going to go off dairy for 3 days. Think that should be enough time to see if that would be bothering her?

I would look up how long dairy stays in breast milk and adjust accordingly

It's been quiet in here ladies! How are you all doing?

Molly any luck with the dairy theory?

Myles is finally up to his birth weight :thumbup: basically at this point i'm doing combination feeding in the day and EBF at night.

My mom is here for another week and a half or so then going back home. I'm flip flopping between feeling like I can master this mom business and being terrified of balancing three kids and a household basically alone.

It's been quiet in here ladies! How are you all doing?

Molly any luck with the dairy theory?

Myles is finally up to his birth weight :thumbup: basically at this point i'm doing combination feeding in the day and EBF at night.

My mom is here for another week and a half or so then going back home. I'm flip flopping between feeling like I can master this mom business and being terrified of balancing three kids and a household basically alone.
That's great to hear about Myles weight! Such a relief when they are gaining!

AFM it really made no difference going off dairy so I'm just chalking it up as a phase she may be going through or is just a high needs baby. :shrug:

My boy has been so fussy the last few days. He just wants to be held, mostly by me, so exhausting at times. Idk what’s going on but hopefully it’s just a phase that will pass. He goes to bed at night better, no more witching hour lol but his fussiness during the day and evening is rough.

With all the bugs going around i wonder if their little bodies are just fighting stuff off...? Might be why they are unsettled and only want mommy <3. Just a theory!

So my baby did finally come and without any interventions needed :blue: February 8
Got a bloody show at 6:30am and then slowly started to get some contractions which then got pretty intense. Was heading to the hospital for a 10am ultrasound, but cancelled on the way there and went straight to labour and delivery instead. I'm so happy my midwife happened to already be there! Baby was born 2hrs later at 12:30 and we were back home that evening.

Last edited:
Wow tree! What a quick delivery! Any pictures? Name? What luck your mw was already there. Congratulations!

So my baby did finally come and without any interventions needed :blue: February 8
Got a bloody show at 6:30am and then slowly started to get some contractions which then got pretty intense. Was heading to the hospital for a 10am ultrasound, but cancelled on the way there and went straight to labour and delivery instead. I'm so happy my midwife happened to already be there! Baby was born 2hrs later at 12:30 and we were back home that evening.
Congrats hun!! What's his name? Any 1 you want to share? :)
If anyone is interested I started a weight loss thread/group!

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/threads/losing-the-baby-weight-2019.2475267/
I'll join! Great job on the weight loss so far!!

AFM: Tobi is doing good. Still wants to be held constantly and will only sleep with me. It's pretty exhausting.

Don't give me too much credit, it's just pregnancy fluid weight and help from breastfeeding so far :haha: now is when the real work begins!

Sorry about the sleep situation! I'm getting Myles to sleep his first stretch in his cosleeper but after that first night feed he's on me :/ with the other two i'd bottle feedthem in bed until they passed out (so I didn't have to move them) but both then needed a bottle to sleep. Ds1 eventually grew out of it. Ds2 still takes a sippy with water to bed. I'm trying not to do that this time but it may end up that way...

Ashton
IMG_20190209_125849228 (1280x960).jpg

We're also in bed sharing mode right now. I tried the bassinet at different times, different stages of sleep, swaddled, warmed up, slightly elevated, etc. And now I'm not going to even try at night time until I get him to have a successful nap in there. I'll probably try once a day and give him some awake time to get used to it as well and just see how it goes.
But we're not even at two weeks yet and I just want to get through the first 6 weeks at least partially sane :) so bed sharing it is. (Not that it helped last night, I had a very fussy baby from 2-5am :( )

Ashton
View attachment 1055868

We're also in bed sharing mode right now. I tried the bassinet at different times, different stages of sleep, swaddled, warmed up, slightly elevated, etc. And now I'm not going to even try at night time until I get him to have a successful nap in there. I'll probably try once a day and give him some awake time to get used to it as well and just see how it goes.
But we're not even at two weeks yet and I just want to get through the first 6 weeks at least partially sane :) so bed sharing it is. (Not that it helped last night, I had a very fussy baby from 2-5am :( )

Congratulations! He's such a cutie! Glad to hear that your labour and delivery wasn't too shabby! =D&gt;

They come out nice and chubby when they go past 40wks! :o
Lol!!! That they do. My first was such a chunker. Even though he was smaller than my second (but still huge at 9lbs 2oz) he still felt and looked like my biggest child.

This time it's been hard wrapping my head around the small size of ds3 but after a month I am finally there lol.

Now i'm just blown away by how enormous ds2 seems during diaper changes! It's so weird! He's so dang big In comparison!

Margot sleeps in her bassinet swaddled, but sometimes she doesn't want to go in there if she's not already asleep. I don't know if I'm going to be able to put her in there once she can roll over. I haven't even put her in her crib yet, hope she can learn to sleep in there when I need her to!

During the day, I often have her sleeping next to me on the couch propped in the breastfeeding pillow (also won't be safe when she can roll over) or in her little fisher price vibrating chair. She sleeps an awful lot, but if she's going to be fussy and refuse to go back where I want her, it'll be in the middle of the night after a feeding when I'm exhausted.

Since we're first time parents following all of "the rules," DH would freak out if I kept her in the bed with us. I will admit I've fallen asleep holding her a couple of times though for sure.

Anybody's babies showing much interest in toys yet? Margot was 4 weeks old on Tuesday and is just starting to show some interest in the rattle toys hanging from the vibrating chair, but not a huge amount of interest.

She is a total pacifier addict.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->