♥ December 2021/January 2022 Due Dates ♥

@Skye75 so exciting!! Cant wait to see baby pics!

@Desito87 would love to hear your birth story when you're ready!

@IsabellaJayne yea have been having all the telltale prelabor signs over here but thinking I still have a couple weeks to go.

@Rach87 it’s funny how when you’re pregnant it feels like forever but once the baby comes it’s a distant memory. Will be stalking for baby announcements!

Can’t believe how close to the end we are now! I’ve finally put the co sleeper up/ set up the Moses basket. And I had my home birth assessment- all OK for it at the moment have another growth scan next week so will see how that goes. But going to see how I feel at the time/ in labour if I want to go to hospital or feel comfortable being at home. At the moment our local hospitals have been shutting because of major staff shortages and I had a home birth last time so want to be prepared and I know I’ll Atleast have a midwife at home! I don’t think I’d make it to the other hospitals in time (I have had 2 very fast labour)

been a bit worried about the movements through the night. Normally I get absolutely battered and seems a lot quieter just a few jabs. It’s only early here. So going to have a cup of tea and something to eat and monitor it for a bit. Then I’ll go in if doesn’t pick up x

Also I decided to finish work early! Best decision I’ve made … now I can enjoy some maternity leave before little one gets here. It hasn’t hit me yet … we are having a baby soon eeeeeek.

Slightly weird question but is anyone else all of a sudden finding they need to open their bowels more frequently? I’ve been very constipated all pregnancy but that last 2 days I’ve needed the toilet 3 times a day!

yes! For over a week now I’ve been going around 3 times a day even on iron tabs lol.

Can’t believe how close to the end we are now! I’ve finally put the co sleeper up/ set up the Moses basket. And I had my home birth assessment- all OK for it at the moment have another growth scan next week so will see how that goes. But going to see how I feel at the time/ in labour if I want to go to hospital or feel comfortable being at home. At the moment our local hospitals have been shutting because of major staff shortages and I had a home birth last time so want to be prepared and I know I’ll Atleast have a midwife at home! I don’t think I’d make it to the other hospitals in time (I have had 2 very fast labour)

been a bit worried about the movements through the night. Normally I get absolutely battered and seems a lot quieter just a few jabs. It’s only early here. So going to have a cup of tea and something to eat and monitor it for a bit. Then I’ll go in if doesn’t pick up x

glad you finished work early, get lots of rest in now. Hopefully your movements will pick up after a cuppa and some brekkie.

So C-Section date been changed to 15th Dec now to give me chance to have steroids over the 13th and 14th. I don’t mind, will make me 37+4. My labetalol got increased again today so whether I make it that far BP wise, we shall see. I sincerely hope so

@Mummyto293 so glad you finished work to rest and “enjoy” the last couple weeks. My littles been quieter too and I read some babies become more active pre labor and others quiet down due to lack of space and saving energy for delivery. As long as you're still getting the 10 movements in 2 hours Im sure all is fine.

@IsabellaJayne hope bp stays level and baby can stay cozy a while longer.

Im just absolutely destroyed. I dont know if its from 5 days of constant intense braxton hicks, my 3 yr old being a mini tyrant and also regressing in potty training (hes been fully in undies/trained for like 8 months - and has been peeing his pants non stop and pooped now 2 days in a row), my 6 yr old getting up 3x a night the past couple months so the minimal sleep I do get is interrupted, or just being heavily pregnant but Im losing my marbles. My whole body feels like I was in a car accident and emotionally Im a hot mess. Ugh. I didnt get this way with my other 2 pregnancies. Last growth scan tomorrow - at least I get to see her cute face for an ounce of brightness. Sorry for the rant just really struggling over here.

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time at the moment @Rach87 it does sound like everything just hitting at once. I don't have any advice but I hope things settle down and you get a chance to rest up and relax a bit more.

As for me, had growth scan and consultant today. Baby doing fine, estimated 5lb 13 now. Not a very good picture could be taken as he was almost facing my back and thus not in the greatest position for measurements but she got there!

Same old story with blood pressure - higher than usual so again, back up to maternity triage where bp was taken And it did come down a bit. They took more bloods and urine and tested those using special tests to check likelihood of developing pre eclampsia. Urine test was borderline but bloods showed a 'significant' risk of developing pre eclampsia so I am being kept in overnight for monitoring apparently (have been here an hour after going home to pick up bits and haven't been seen yet!)
I think due to the constant issues with bp that keeps rising I am going to be induced at 38 weeks although the Dr did say earlier that if pre eclampsia was going to be an issue they would induce at 37 weeks but I won't know more tomorrow until I speak again to the consultants again.
I'm terrified to sleep on the ward as well because I've been so blocked in my nose recently my snoring has gone up a notch and I don't want to be 'that' person keeping everyone else awake lol.
Pic of baby for baby's sake and pic of fed up looking me on the way to my 'hotel' for the night ha. Didn't realise bump looked quite low actually. He's head down but not central to the exit station unfortunately!

received_297462445437228.jpeg IMG_20211117_220857.jpg

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time at the moment @Rach87 it does sound like everything just hitting at once. I don't have any advice but I hope things settle down and you get a chance to rest up and relax a bit more.

As for me, had growth scan and consultant today. Baby doing fine, estimated 5lb 13 now. Not a very good picture could be taken as he was almost facing my back and thus not in the greatest position for measurements but she got there!

Same old story with blood pressure - higher than usual so again, back up to maternity triage where bp was taken And it did come down a bit. They took more bloods and urine and tested those using special tests to check likelihood of developing pre eclampsia. Urine test was borderline but bloods showed a 'significant' risk of developing pre eclampsia so I am being kept in overnight for monitoring apparently (have been here an hour after going home to pick up bits and haven't been seen yet!)
I think due to the constant issues with bp that keeps rising I am going to be induced at 38 weeks although the Dr did say earlier that if pre eclampsia was going to be an issue they would induce at 37 weeks but I won't know more tomorrow until I speak again to the consultants again.
I'm terrified to sleep on the ward as well because I've been so blocked in my nose recently my snoring has gone up a notch and I don't want to be 'that' person keeping everyone else awake lol.
Pic of baby for baby's sake and pic of fed up looking me on the way to my 'hotel' for the night ha. Didn't realise bump looked quite low actually. He's head down but not central to the exit station unfortunately!

View attachment 1103870 View attachment 1103871

Hope you’re ok! Sounds like they’re doing the right thing keeping you in. How many weeks are you now ? X

I ended up going in and being checked out as the movements just weren’t picking up. CTG was perfect and had a scan which was fine - growth has dropped a bit but not massively, so have a consultant appointment tomorrow!

That’s not long @IsabellaJayne and atleast it’s before Christmas so you can be home and sorted!
@Rach87 in terms of the braxton hicks I have a very irritable uterus. I don’t think they’ve been as bad this time as my last pregnancy but I definitely get around 20-30 a day! Irritating. Especially if my bladder is full they really ramp up. Hope you manage to get some rest x

Hope you’re ok! Sounds like they’re doing the right thing keeping you in. How many weeks are you now ? X

Yes, always better to be safe :) I'm 36 weeks today.

Glad your ctg was fine, and I'm sure all will be good with consultant tomorrow :)

I ended up going in and being checked out as the movements just weren’t picking up. CTG was perfect and had a scan which was fine - growth has dropped a bit but not massively, so have a consultant appointment tomorrow!

That’s not long @IsabellaJayne and atleast it’s before Christmas so you can be home and sorted!
@Rach87 in terms of the braxton hicks I have a very irritable uterus. I don’t think they’ve been as bad this time as my last pregnancy but I definitely get around 20-30 a day! Irritating. Especially if my bladder is full they really ramp up. Hope you manage to get some rest x

glad your CTG was all well :)

View attachment 1103870 View attachment 1103871

I hope everything is okay. Probably best they kept you in. My pre-e came on so rapidly with my last daughter. One day all was borderline, next day my BP was 259/123 and bloods were all deranged. Even though I’d felt fine and was borderline the day before. She was delivered hours later. So I’m glad they kept you in. Hope all is well and settled down today

I hope everything is okay. Probably best they kept you in. My pre-e came on so rapidly with my last daughter. One day all was borderline, next day my BP was 259/123 and bloods were all deranged. Even though I’d felt fine and was borderline the day before. She was delivered hours later. So I’m glad they kept you in. Hope all is well and settled down today

Thank you :) Apparently one of the special blood tests they do (I forget its name) showed a 57% chance I would develop pre-e within a week. They increased my dosage of labetalol and bp came right down so they have discharged me today.

I am to go to the assessment unit next Wednesday at 37 weeks to see how things are. If still the same then I think they will look to deliver then. If things are stable, then it will be 38 weeks. So just more waiting, I was hoping to have a date for induction before I left but I guess it's only a few days more.
Forgot how awful it is to sleep in hospitals with everything going on! Think I've had about 3 hours sleep in the last 36 hours urg

Thank you :) Apparently one of the special blood tests they do (I forget its name) showed a 57% chance I would develop pre-e within a week. They increased my dosage of labetalol and bp came right down so they have discharged me today.

I am to go to the assessment unit next Wednesday at 37 weeks to see how things are. If still the same then I think they will look to deliver then. If things are stable, then it will be 38 weeks. So just more waiting, I was hoping to have a date for induction before I left but I guess it's only a few days more.
Forgot how awful it is to sleep in hospitals with everything going on! Think I've had about 3 hours sleep in the last 36 hours urg

very glad to hear all is well. It’s good they’re keeping an eye on you! Hopefully all is okay at the 37 week check up. These last few weeks are anxiety ridden for me! Is it the same for you? I have this impending sense of something going wrong when I’m so close! The anxiety is real

Thanks ladies. Finally feel a little better today.

@Aymz your elevator pic cracked me up! Definitely my mood lately too. I feel you mama! Hope they can keep bp lower and you can get some much needed rest

@Mummyto293 glad ctg was good. How did the appt go?

Thanks ladies. Finally feel a little better today.

@Aymz your elevator pic cracked me up! Definitely my mood lately too. I feel you mama! Hope they can keep bp lower and you can get some much needed rest

@Mummyto293 glad ctg was good. How did the appt go?
Glad you’re feeling better. Appointment went good. Got some tablets prescribed for itching. Bloods are still normal. They are happy with growth and OKd home birth at the moment. So can’t complain ☺️

Baby has quiet down so much at night time the last 2 nights. I really have to draw movements out of her. Looks like it’s going to be the same story tonight, taking 2 hours to get her to move (normally very active at night time)

she’s been fine in the days just seems to be at night. Do you think I should go in for CTG? Even though she has moved throughout the day?

Thats great! @Mummyto293

@IsabellaJayne they settle into a pattern near the end of pregnancy just like a newborn, but if its worrying you get it checked out mama. You’ll never regret getting reassurance. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->