♥ December 2021/January 2022 Due Dates ♥

Has anyone ever had their bp measured on their forearm? Midwife visit today, she measured top of arm as usual which was I think about 150/100 or thereabouts. She then tried it on my forearm which gave a much better reading of 138/90 I think. I had no idea forearm was an option?! I've had a quick Google and everything I've read makes it sound like forearm should be higher than upper arm. So not sure how to take that.
Protein has increased in urine as well, I don't know by how much, but it's a little bit more than a trace now she said.
Back to hospital Monday for more bloods then Tuesday (moved from Wednesday) for review/assessment.

I will take bp from anywhere as well!
Glad they are keeping a close eye on you, if you feel worse, headache, swelling etc get yourself off to triage asap x

@xxmyheartxx oh wow! Were your other babies early? (Sorry if you mentioned before already - my preggo/fibro brain just cannot retain info) I know the plug can regenerate but that seems like a lot!

Gosh I cant believe we’re on baby watch in this group now!!!!

Baby watch. So exciting. @xxmyheartxx my HB was 107 and they’ve started me on iron tablets but I’m too scared to start them. I’ve been severely constipated to the point where I’ve bled everywhere and almost passed out and they’re notorious for bunging you up. Frightened to take them

My 1st 3 children were born at 41, 40+4 and 41+5, 4th and 5th was 37+3 and 38+1 ( early inductions)

I'm dreading taking them, I had them after my pph was ds2 and the constipation was horrific.

@aymz1983 hahahha have you seen my many unsolicited posts - nobody asks and there I go writing a novella :haha: thats what were here for - a space to vent or just write out our thoughts/feelings, exciting news or worries! Type away friend!

I worked as a medical assistant for about 10 yrs and like Isabella said they’ll take it anywhere they can get it. Ive taken it on the back of someones knee before where the artery runs. They had a double mastectomy and multiple other medical problems so couldnt do it in their arms.

Last edited:
Haha thanks everyone :) well...you learn something new everyday! I had no idea but may be worth mentioning to hospital next time I go (may as well move in at this rate lol)

37 weeks today! \\:D/ Early full term. Will start trying to get this baby out around dec 1st when I’ll be 38 1/2 weeks. Need her out before my due date so they cant force induce me.

Can’t believe how close we are now. I don’t feel mentally prepared yet. Keep losing lots of bloody show but no other signs yet … hoping they stay in for another week because I’m exhausted!!!
Anyone else’s sleeping pattern completely messed up at the moment ? I sleep awful at night but good in the day if I get chance to have a nap!

Can’t believe how close we are now. I don’t feel mentally prepared yet. Keep losing lots of bloody show but no other signs yet … hoping they stay in for another week because I’m exhausted!!!
Anyone else’s sleeping pattern completely messed up at the moment ? I sleep awful at night but good in the day if I get chance to have a nap!

same here! Sleep so much more comfortable in the day. Nightmare. Saying that, DH and I had date night last night, went out for food and mocktails, didn’t get home until 12am and I managed to sleep straight through until 8:20am! First time in forever

I’m beginning to have some anxiety that something will go wrong with baby girl in this final stretch. I know it’s so rare, but if I have a day where I feel like she’s quieter than usual I begin to panic that something is wrong, when I know it’s usually just that I’ve been so busy I haven’t had time to sit and pay attention to kicks and things.

@Suggerhoney yes but also very no LOL. It is crazy to think I could have another little peanut in my arms next week!

@Mummyto293 my sleep has been total crap for the last month or more. I get maybe 2 hours to start if Im lucky, then up every hour or more after. Doesnt help my dd has been getting up 1-3 times a night interrupting what minimal broken sleep I am getting.

@Teafor2 totally normal. Its the biggest life change and the life of your child and you have pretty much zero control on how they’ll come into the world and so many things can happen good or bad. I was actually going to see if you have any questions or concerns since you're a first timer here :) Im sure one of us mommas will have some insight or opinion (just remember its just opinions or our own personal experiences - everyone is different and there are multiple correct options)

37 week pic. Very curious how many more I’ll get! No signs of labor yet but who knows. Feeling soooo much better than last week - I think it must have been a lupus flare for how awful I was feeling.

D36E51EF-122C-4302-A1A1-455DBDEF668E.jpeg

I think that's quite normal @Teafor2 whether its first one or, in my case, fourth one. Sometimes k will wake up and worry he's been quiet and then have to tell myself er, hello, I've just been asleep lol. But as time goes on and room gets smaller it can feel like they're not as active as the movements feel different and not as pronounced. Certainly for me anyway. But anxiety is normal for this stage as you get closer. Obviously you can call midwife etc if worried too much about movements and they will be happy to get you on a monitor for peace of mind :)

@Skye75 That’s so exciting! I’m sending you all the best labour vibes... can’t wait to hear about you little one!

@Rach87 Looking great! Glad to hear you’re feeling better. What are you planning to do to try to induce when the time comes?

Thanks for the reassurance everyone re stillbirth anxiety. Spoke with dh about it the other day and had a little cry which I think helped. She’s wiggling around in my belly now as I type :)

I think she’s beginning to yo-yo in and out of my pelvis now. I’ve noticed that some days my heartburn and breathing are easier and I’ll feel some movement and pressure down in my cervix, but then the next day she’ll be back up high again. Only two and a half weeks until my maternity leave and I can’t wait!

Well induction day tomorrow afternoon..
Oh gees I am crapping myself!! On one hand so ready for this munchkin to come out and on the other hand so so anxious about birth.
That has come around so fast! Eek!

Good luck for tomorrow @Skye75 I can’t wait for the announcement of your little boy. Sending positive labour vibes!

@Teafor2 yep so normal. I’m so anxious. Even more so this time, I was only 21 and 23 last times and I think at that age you think you’re invincible. I much more tuned into the risks of my section this time now I’m 30. And also a nurse now so even more terrified with the extra knowledge surrounding surgery. Definitely normal to feel anxious about all the things you mentioned

Wow @Skye75 so exciting!! I kept thinking you had another week lol time is flying! Hope everything goes smooth and quick. Cant wait for pics and birth stories!

@Skye75 that’s so exciting. Good luck hope it’s fast and easy!

so if baby doesn’t arrive beforehand im being induced at 39 weeks. Not far away at all. Went in again with reduced movements. It just hardly moves. Some days I can try coffee / coke/ chocolate/ lying on side/ eating ice / prodding it - and I may get one or two kicks . Nothing I do can make it move. Thankfully they’ve taken me seriously and done scans and twice weekly monitoring. I didn’t have this with my other two!

@Teafor2 I'll be getting sweeps at my appts starting Dec 2nd, I’ll try hubbies fave trick - sex lol, walking, super light exercise, foot massage.

@Mummyto293 this baby has become overly chill the past month too. Having twice weekly nst’s has kept my mind at ease. Glad they're monitoring you well!

Well induction day tomorrow afternoon..
Oh gees I am crapping myself!! On one hand so ready for this munchkin to come out and on the other hand so so anxious about birth.

Just quickly popped in to say good luck for tomorrow @Skye75. Will be stalking for updates

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->