♥ December 2021/January 2022 Due Dates ♥

I think youre next @erher ? Hows little baby and mama doing?

Any other quiet mamas have set induction/c-section dates? Or those just impatiently waiting how are you all doing?

Birth Story

Elective section went as planned. I was on the table for 9am. She was born at 09:26. The surgeon had to make a new incision so I now have 2 section scars. They discovered that my bladder had fused to my uterus so it’s a good job they didn’t go through my existing scar. Thankfully my placenta was high up so no placenta adhesion. I lost quite a lot of blood whilst they spent 1.5 hours detaching my bladder, Aria slept on my chest and breastfed whilst they were doing it. It was a pretty special moment :)

I finally went into recovery and the surgeon explained my bladder should be intact and fine. The test was having a wee when the catheter was removed! Thankfully passed 750mls on removal and no problems since. So bladder saved thank god!!

i was up walking and showering 6 hours post op and we both managed the 24 hour fast track recovery so we came home yesterday! I’m breast feeding and topping with formula as her blood sugars were very low so advised by the doctor to do that for a week until she goes for a check again. It’s working well. Thankfully she’s so chilled out, she isn’t bothered which I give her.

struggled with severe gas pain yesterday but thanks to peppermint tea, laxatives and being more mobile today it’s improved loads!
Sorry it went on a bit that didn’t it …

Birth Story

Elective section went as planned. I was on the table for 9am. She was born at 09:26. The surgeon had to make a new incision so I now have 2 section scars. They discovered that my bladder had fused to my uterus so it’s a good job they didn’t go through my existing scar. Thankfully my placenta was high up so no placenta adhesion. I lost quite a lot of blood whilst they spent 1.5 hours detaching my bladder, Aria slept on my chest and breastfed whilst they were doing it. It was a pretty special moment :)

I finally went into recovery and the surgeon explained my bladder should be intact and fine. The test was having a wee when the catheter was removed! Thankfully passed 750mls on removal and no problems since. So bladder saved thank god!!

i was up walking and showering 6 hours post op and we both managed the 24 hour fast track recovery so we came home yesterday! I’m breast feeding and topping with formula as her blood sugars were very low so advised by the doctor to do that for a week until she goes for a check again. It’s working well. Thankfully she’s so chilled out, she isn’t bothered which I give her.

struggled with severe gas pain yesterday but thanks to peppermint tea, laxatives and being more mobile today it’s improved loads!
Sorry it went on a bit that didn’t it …

So glad ure bladder is all good hon that must of been aa bit scary.
So glad all is ok tho and baby here safely.

@IsabellaJayne Glad to hear all is well and they were able to fix your bladder! It’s so nice you were able to have baby with you while they did that.

Has anyone else had numbness on their bellies? I’ve had numbness around my belly button. I’m assuming it’s just the skin stretching causing it.

@IsabellaJayne yikes glad they caught the bladder issue and could fix it! Hope you heal quick

@Teafor2 yes I remember I had a numb spot above my belly button with my first. Just stretched skin and squished nerves. Youre getting so close now!!!

Ladies, I am absolutely blown away by the pictures of all the beautiful babies being born! Well done facing the waiting and the unexpected!
My c-section date has been set for January 20th, so I'll probably be one of the last on the group to report a birth, but I am so excited for everyone, and I love getting notifcations on here and facebook about everyone's journeys.

Our yellow bump turned blue on the 18th of December,
I went in on the 16th of Dec, was 2 cm dilated, they tried to do the balloon catheter but couldn't get it in my uterus, so ended up with 1 lot of gel, got me to 3cm and was contracting every 4-5 mins until the 17th mid morning and they stopped, got taken to delivery suite at 10pm, had waters broken at 1130pm, drip started at 1am, baby was delivered at 0409am weighing 8lb 14oz, my umbilical cord was one of the longest the midwife had seen, she measured it at 1 metre 7 inches and it had a true knot in it which was fascinating to see but I know how dangerous it could of being.
Was discharged at 5pm the same day, he's breastfeeding like a pro and my milk is near enough in already.

@xxmyheartxx Congratulations on baby boy! Very scary to hear about the knot in your chord, but so happy to hear that baby is nice and healthy and eating like a champ! I remember you had some decreased foetal movement... do you think the knot is the reason why?

Only had a quick catch up. Congrats to all the new mamas, beautiful babas.
Rach she looks adorable in that pic.
As for us we are still in hospital. Cason had a fever on Friday so I bought him to be checked and we’ve been here since. He has an infection somewhere unknown so he’s on a course of antibiotics. He’s been a little superstars while we’ve been here though

4782555D-CF38-44DC-9A29-FFB257766778.jpeg 2F584121-B282-4DF7-AFCF-C1A16CBB4EA4.jpeg

@Teafor2
I never had it myself but I know a few ladies in my due date group did have it.
I have a numbness just above my belly button that I've had since my liver transplant so think its because of nerves. Probably the Same for some pregnant ladies and baby sitting on nerves.
Ure so so close now my lovely don't seem all that long ago we was all ttc does it. Its crazy how fast it goes.

@Tasha36089
Oh bless him hon. I'm sorry he is in hospital and not very well. I hope the antibiotics help and he can come home for Xmas.

@xxmyheartxx
Congratulations hon. I think it was you I congratulated the other day on Instagram.

Ladies, I am absolutely blown away by the pictures of all the beautiful babies being born! Well done facing the waiting and the unexpected!
My c-section date has been set for January 20th, so I'll probably be one of the last on the group to report a birth, but I am so excited for everyone, and I love getting notifcations on here and facebook about everyone's journeys.

Hiya hon not long for you now either so exciting. Mine and DH eldest 2 were Feb and Jan babies and I loved being pregnant with them. Jan is such a lovely time to have a baby. I always get a bit low when Xmas is over but when I was pregnant with them I was so excited.
I'm hoping if I fall again it will be a winter due date.
My last 2 pregnancies were October and September due dates so I was massive all summer. Was so so hot.

@erher so sorry sleep deprived mom brain i forgot you had your little bundle. How is she doing? And you?

@Tasha36089 So sorry to hear about baby’s infection. Hopefully it will get resolved quickly and you will be home soon. Must be scary.

At my appointment this week all looked good with me and baby. Since going on maternity leave my blood pressure has dropped back down to it’s normal level, which is good. They didn’t check for dilation, so not sure if I’m dilated at all. They did some foetal monitoring and she spent the entire time kicking the monitor haha. She seems happy in there and I still have plenty of fluid, so I’d be surprised if I go any time soon.

I think I lost some of my mucus plug last night. I know it could still be weeks away, but things are happening!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->