♥ December 2021/January 2022 Due Dates ♥

Adorable @IsabellaJayne !!

Im jealous of all you mommas of bib-less babes. Ugh 3rd pukey baby. It’s sucks so much.

@kmpreston hope it works! Try some nip stimulation. I thought it was weird when my OB suggested it. But I had 2 sweeps, lots of walking, bouncing on exercise ball, etc and even enlisted hubby day before due date. Nothing. Decided to try and barely did anything to my nips for like a min around 4:25am. 4:30 contractions came on like a freight train - and well baby was born 2 hours later….just sayin. Lol

Sorry for the silence... baby finally came and I haven’t had a free moment to post!

On Tuesday I was having some mild period cramping but nothing serious and all my contractions from earlier in the day had stopped. My back was hurting so I was leaning over the couch when I suddenly had quite a strong contraction felt a pop and my waters went. I was completely in shock. I took a shower and packed up and we went to the hospital.

Baby was posterior so I had some back labour which really sucked. When I was 6cm I got an iv of pain medication which worked for 2 minutes at a time. I had to push a button when I felt a contraction coming on, but once I was in transition I was too focused on breathing and too exhausted to remember to push the button half the time. Unfortunately the medication did stall my labour and I ended up needing pitocin. But after they gave me the pitocin she was born about an hour later.

I wasn’t able to use the pain medication during the pushing stage of labour, but that was fine as it didn’t find it as painful. In the end I only pushed through 5 contractions before she was born. I also had an episiotomy so I have quite a few stitches. This has been the hardest part of the recovery.

She was born 3.87kg and 53cm, so a big girl! She loves to eat and luckily we haven’t had any trouble with breastfeeding other than my nipples suffering from the constant feeding. She sleeps well if she is being held, but hates her crib, so we have had trouble with sleep on our end. Any tricks to get baby to sleep in a crib I would love. She falls asleep no problem but then wakes after 10 minutes.

Can’t wait to hear about how it goes for everyone else waiting!

Last edited:
Sorry for the silence... baby finally came and I haven’t had a free moment to post!

On Tuesday I was having some mild period cramping but nothing serious and all my contractions from earlier in the day had stopped. My back was hurting so I was leaning over the couch when I suddenly had quite a strong contraction felt a pop and my waters went. I was completely in shock. I took a shower and packed up and we went to the hospital.

Baby was posterior so I had some back labour which really sucked. When I was 6cm I got an iv of pain medication which worked for 2 minutes at a time. I had to push a button when I felt a contraction coming on, but once I was in transition I was too focused on breathing and too exhausted to remember to push the button half the time. Unfortunately the medication did stall my labour and I ended up needing pitocin. But after they gave me the pitocin she was born about an hour later.

I wasn’t able to use the pain medication during the pushing stage of labour, but that was fine as it didn’t find it as painful. In the end I only pushed through 5 contractions before she was born. I also had an episiotomy so I have quite a few stitches. This has been the hardest part of the recovery.

She was born 3.87kg and 53cm, so a big girl! She loves to eat and luckily we haven’t had any trouble with breastfeeding other than my nipples suffering from the constant feeding. She sleeps well if she is being held, but hates her crib, so we have had trouble with sleep on our end. Any tricks to get baby to sleep in a crib I would love. She falls asleep no problem but then wakes after 10 minutes.

Can’t wait to hear about how it goes for everyone else waiting!

my little girl used to love being swaddled when asleep, really helped her settle. My friend recommended one of the “love to dream arms up swaddled” as her little boy would wake up to get his arms out whenever he was put down swaddled but is now much more settled

my little girl used to love being swaddled when asleep, really helped her settle. My friend recommended one of the “love to dream arms up swaddled” as her little boy would wake up to get his arms out whenever he was put down swaddled but is now much more settled
I actually tried swaddling her last night but she hated it and just cried the whole time. In the end I put her back in the sleep sack. She did sleep better last night because I think my supply has really increased the last day or two and she’s more satisfied after feeds.

Congratulations @Teafor2 on your baby girl. As for sleeping, no tips really. Have you tried white noise? Bit annoying to listen to at first but sounds like the womb apparently. Soothes my LO right to sleep most of the time

Congrats @Teafor2 !! Unfortunately time is the best solution for babies sleeping. You can try a swaddle, sound machine, etc but some babies just stink at sleeping until they’re older

Congratulations @Teafor2 !! my little one won't sleep in the cot unless he is swaddled, we use a Love To Dream swaddle and it has worked wonders

Baby had his 6/8 week needles today.. ugh I hate doing it :( no side effects so far.

Penelope Alice Powell

9lb8oz (4.3kg)

Born 20/01/2022 at 3.55am

Birth Story:

I was induced due to reduced movements, again. At 41+3. Pessary went in at 3.15pm on Wednesday.

Started contracting properly at 9pm and was moved to labour ward at 1.15am with contractions every two minutes ready to have waters broken.

Explained to midwife how Bryony’s birth had gone and to be prepared for very quick changes from here on in. She went to collect the stuff to break my waters and I warned her they would be gone by the time she got back: they went with the next contraction at around 2.10am.

When she checked me I was 5cm and I warned her Bry did 4-10 in 45mins. I asked there and then for an epidural or birth pool in the vain hope that I could get one of them before 10cm. By this point I’ve no idea of timings as there’s no clock visible, no phone in reach and I was getting minimal rest between contractions. But I do know that within 10 more contractions I was uncontrollably pushing.

They checked me and I was 9.5cm so they encouraged me to go with the pushing. Nell however started having decels down to 80bpm with each contraction. The registrar established that she was facing sideways (again like Bry) and that we needed an assisted delivery, and FAST.

The room filled up and at this point and in between contractions I managed to gasp verbal consent to any and all interventions including a general anaesthetic if required. They spent three contractions/push cycles attempting assisted delivery first with a vontousse and then with forceps but due to her position they couldn’t get a good hold on her. They said at that point I was going down to theatre for either another try at forceps or a c section. I requested at this point that they do the section as she was still having decels, the contractions had me writhing around and I was still uncontrollably pushing. My blood pressure was also through the roof.

It was at this point it became clear that poor Dayne wasn’t going into theatre with us, they wheeled us away at 3.40 and an amazing team of staff got me prepped in record time. I distinctly remember screaming and screaming in pain at this point (prior to that it had only been with the out of control pushing that I’d made noise) and they put me under general anaesthetic as there was no hope of getting a spinal into me and I woke up at 5.30 ish in recovery. I’ve lost a lot of blood, about 1.2L during the birth so my blood loss is being monitored.

Obviously very sore now but I think a lot of the pain is actually muscular from the contractions and pushing rather than the section as I’ve managed to self transfer from bed to chair and back again without too much pain but I can’t for the life of me cough!

There will be bits of this I’ve forgotten for now or Dayne will tell me about later but wow. NOT the nice waterbirth I expected. But she’s here and she’s safe so it’s all ok

NEVER AGAIN!

9AAAB0D1-0D7D-4C15-A212-420DD77F0BF0.jpeg

Penelope Alice Powell

9lb8oz (4.3kg)

Born 20/01/2022 at 3.55am

Birth Story:

I was induced due to reduced movements, again. At 41+3. Pessary went in at 3.15pm on Wednesday.

Started contracting properly at 9pm and was moved to labour ward at 1.15am with contractions every two minutes ready to have waters broken.

Explained to midwife how Bryony’s birth had gone and to be prepared for very quick changes from here on in. She went to collect the stuff to break my waters and I warned her they would be gone by the time she got back: they went with the next contraction at around 2.10am.

When she checked me I was 5cm and I warned her Bry did 4-10 in 45mins. I asked there and then for an epidural or birth pool in the vain hope that I could get one of them before 10cm. By this point I’ve no idea of timings as there’s no clock visible, no phone in reach and I was getting minimal rest between contractions. But I do know that within 10 more contractions I was uncontrollably pushing.

They checked me and I was 9.5cm so they encouraged me to go with the pushing. Nell however started having decels down to 80bpm with each contraction. The registrar established that she was facing sideways (again like Bry) and that we needed an assisted delivery, and FAST.

The room filled up and at this point and in between contractions I managed to gasp verbal consent to any and all interventions including a general anaesthetic if required. They spent three contractions/push cycles attempting assisted delivery first with a vontousse and then with forceps but due to her position they couldn’t get a good hold on her. They said at that point I was going down to theatre for either another try at forceps or a c section. I requested at this point that they do the section as she was still having decels, the contractions had me writhing around and I was still uncontrollably pushing. My blood pressure was also through the roof.

It was at this point it became clear that poor Dayne wasn’t going into theatre with us, they wheeled us away at 3.40 and an amazing team of staff got me prepped in record time. I distinctly remember screaming and screaming in pain at this point (prior to that it had only been with the out of control pushing that I’d made noise) and they put me under general anaesthetic as there was no hope of getting a spinal into me and I woke up at 5.30 ish in recovery. I’ve lost a lot of blood, about 1.2L during the birth so my blood loss is being monitored.

Obviously very sore now but I think a lot of the pain is actually muscular from the contractions and pushing rather than the section as I’ve managed to self transfer from bed to chair and back again without too much pain but I can’t for the life of me cough!

There will be bits of this I’ve forgotten for now or Dayne will tell me about later but wow. NOT the nice waterbirth I expected. But she’s here and she’s safe so it’s all ok

NEVER AGAIN!

View attachment 1105627

Congratulations hon. What a great size.
I said never again after all my births.
I said definitely never again after i gave birth to Harley but now we're to ttc our last baby hahaha.

@kmpreston Congratulations! That is a big baby! Glad you and her are both doing well now after such an intense delivery. I wasn’t able to cough for a while either. Part of it was my core was so unstable and partly because of the pain of the stitches. I found if I used one hand to hold my stitches and one to hold my belly it helped a lot.

We are in the thick of cluster feeding at the moment, but she has gotten back up to her birth weight! How is everyone else doing?

@kmpreston congrats! Yikes about your birth experience but so glad you and babe are ok. Hope you heal up well.

@Teafor2 oh the cluster feeds. The couch gets a permanent butt print those days. :haha:

Little Sadie is 6 weeks old! Shes smiling, “talking” and is night sleeping a little better. I think its because she’s figured out how to fart. And my goodness that girls got some gas! (Sadly bc of me - fast letdown so she gets a lot of air when nursing) But overall doing well :)

@kmpreston Congratulations! That is a big baby! Glad you and her are both doing well now after such an intense delivery. I wasn’t able to cough for a while either. Part of it was my core was so unstable and partly because of the pain of the stitches. I found if I used one hand to hold my stitches and one to hold my belly it helped a lot.

We are in the thick of cluster feeding at the moment, but she has gotten back up to her birth weight! How is everyone else doing?

I’m glad I’m not the only one who’s core stability is absolutely shot at the moment! Honestly it was bad after my first daughter but this time it feels like there are no muscles left at all! I did the whole holding stitches thing to stop coughing hurting them but I still can’t actually cough properly in the first place!

I’m glad I’m not the only one who’s core stability is absolutely shot at the moment! Honestly it was bad after my first daughter but this time it feels like there are no muscles left at all! I did the whole holding stitches thing to stop coughing hurting them but I still can’t actually cough properly in the first place!
Yeah I had the same issue as well that I felt too unstable to use the muscles to cough. I even had a hard time taking deep breaths while sitting or standing because I was so unstable. It’s already way better and I’ve barely had time to do the exercises the physio at the hospital gave me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->