• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

♥ December 2021/January 2022 Due Dates ♥

Thanks ladies :)
Ugh.. annnnnd the vomiting has returned today. I was in Best and Less this morning and almost randomly spewed in there had to stop myself then went into the toilets in the shopping center and threw up for a solid 5 minutes.. tried to be as quiet as possible ha ha how embarrassing!

How amazing is it that tomorrow is May already. (well here it is any way!) feeling so blessed that I've gotten this far. The count down begins for my 12 week scan.. 20 days to go. So nervous about it.. please keep growing little one!

How amazing is it that tomorrow is May already. (well here it is any way!) feeling so blessed that I've gotten this far. The count down begins for my 12 week scan.. 20 days to go. So nervous about it.. please keep growing little one!
It feels like time is flying but also slow at the same time.

Yep the first trimester dragged like anything for me.
And now I'm waiting for the 20 week scan its been dragging its arse again. The last 3 weeks has felt like 3 months.

@Rach87 Glad you are feeling better today!

@Skye75 oof that sounds so horrible, but exciting you have a scan soon!

I am feeling very sick again this morning. I tried eating right away when I got up, but it hasn’t seemed to help. I’m planning to bike to a friend’s this morning which is 12km away... hopefully the fresh air and exercise will help!

Haven’t caught up yet so hope everyone’s ok.
Has anyone had really sharp stabbing pains on one side? Feels a little like ovary pain but I’m not sure. I’ve had it now for 2 days on and off and haven’t been feeling as sick so I’m stressing myself out. Maybe it’s just ligament pain but it’s quite sharp. I’ve booked a scan for Sunday.

I've had a couple of what felt like ovary pains and some quite 'ooh ouch' type crampy pains although I've chalked it up to everything stretching out. I'm sure it's the same for you but hopefully scan Sunday will reassure you :)

Hope your scan goes ok later @xxmyheartxx

I had my first 'appointment' with midwife today which was just asking medical questions really. I'm booked in to see her the 14th for bloods, urine, general poke and prod. Do they listen for hb that early? I'll be about 10 weeks. Now i just need to wait for my scan appointment to come through from the hospital. I'd still like to book a private one beforehand but it's just money i don't have at the minute :/

I just got my first appointment booked and I’ll be going in on the 24th. I’ll be 7 weeks and 6 days then by my ovulation date. It’s so strange to me that we just wait around pregnant, worrying, and sick, and don’t get to see a doctor until so far along.

I've had a couple of what felt like ovary pains and some quite 'ooh ouch' type crampy pains although I've chalked it up to everything stretching out. I'm sure it's the same for you but hopefully scan Sunday will reassure you :)

I had my first 'appointment' with midwife today which was just asking medical questions really. I'm booked in to see her the 14th for bloods, urine, general poke and prod. Do they listen for hb that early? I'll be about 10 weeks. Now i just need to wait for my scan appointment to come through from the hospital. I'd still like to book a private one beforehand but it's just money i don't have at the minute :/

No hon they don't check HB untill 16 weeks.
All the booking in appointment is basically going through ure medical stuff and medication and previous pregnancies.
They check check ure urine and do blood pressure and get all ure maternity notes and that's it.

I haven't seen my midwife since I was 8 weeks so if I didn't have my own doppler ro if I hadn't seen the consultant I still wud not of heard the HB.

Some won't even do it at 16 weeks anymore, some won't do it untill 20 weeks.

Has anyone had really sharp stabbing pains on one side? Feels a little like ovary pain but I’m not sure. I’ve had it now for 2 days on and off and haven’t been feeling as sick so I’m stressing myself out. Maybe it’s just ligament pain but it’s quite sharp. I’ve booked a scan for Sunday.

I had that hon its stretching pains

I had that too Tasha. Was so confused why my ovaries were achy! Lasted a week maybe and then was gone.

I always thought it was crazy too! The most crucial development is weeks 4-12 and the most sickness you have no direction until its all over!

Last edited:
No hon they don't check HB untill 16 weeks.
All the booking in appointment is basically going through ure medical stuff and medication and previous pregnancies.
They check check ure urine and do blood pressure and get all ure maternity notes and that's it.

I haven't seen my midwife since I was 8 weeks so if I didn't have my own doppler ro if I hadn't seen the consultant I still wud not of heard the HB.

Some won't even do it at 16 weeks anymore, some won't do it untill 20 weeks.

Oh really? That seems so long away! Thank you for letting me know. I'd considered a doppler but read conflicting things about them. I'm big too which will probably hinder trying to hear :/

No I’m a midwife they won’t. Most of the time they won’t even listen in at 16 weeks it depends on BMI really if they think they may be able to listen in or not. They’ll start listening in at 28 weeks routinely. Some will listen in at 25 weeks x

I was surprised at my 12 week app the midwife whipped out the Doppler! But I’m quite thin. She did have a hard time finding it too which made for a few worrisome moments!

When they listen for the hb really seems to be region specific. UK and Australia have a much more conservative approach, and generally wont try before 18 weeks and will still say it may well be too early to find it, whereas in the USA I have noticed that it seems to be the norm to listen for the hb as early as 8 weeks (and causes a lot of panic if it isnt heard) but it also seems to be very common in the USA to do an ultrasound at every appointment and hear the heartbeat that way...
Not familiar enough with practices in other countries to comment.

I got my clear blue BFP digital 1-2 last Sunday
When could I expect the weeks to rise to 2-3. Still on 1-2 (I’m about 4 weeks 6 days)

thanks

I got my clear blue BFP digital 1-2 last Sunday
When could I expect the weeks to rise to 2-3. Still on 1-2 (I’m about 4 weeks 6 days)

thanks
I think it’s different for everyone depending on hcg levels. The range of hcg for 4+6 is wide! I wouldn’t put too much weight on the weeks indicator.

Hello ladies just an update me and my husband went for an early scan today I thought I was 6 weeks and 6days pregnant going from my last period but the lady that did my scan thinks I might 5 weeks and so many days we have to go back to be rescanned in 2 weeks time. I am putting a picture up of the scan

Screenshot_20210430-110149_Tricefy.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->