♥ December 2021/January 2022 Due Dates ♥

@Suggerhoney I know you had quite a bit of bleeding in this pregnancy. Can you give me more information about it? Was it bright red or just pink/brown? How long did it last?

Congrats and welcome

I am thinking about doing the early gender reveal blood test to find out the gender. The local place close to where I live can get the results back in a few days and they charge a little over 120 bucks to do the test for you. The blood tests are like 98% accurate from what I have read. I also want to do an elective ultrasound with them, they can do an early gender scan at 14 weeks as well. I might do one at 10 weeks also! I did see the cheapy pee tests that supposedly tell gender on Amazon but based on reviews the results aren't that accurate. Is anyone else doing any early elective ultrasounds or finding out the gender early? I give you girls lots of credit that have the patience to wait until delivery to find out the gender! I just don't have the patience to wait, LOL! Hubby is really hoping for a boy this time and so am I, but of course the main thing is that the baby is healthy whether it is a girl or a boy!

@Suggerhoney I know you had quite a bit of bleeding in this pregnancy. Can you give me more information about it? Was it bright red or just pink/brown? How long did it last?
I don’t know if this helps at all but I’m my last pregnancy with my son I bled intermittently from like 5-7 weeks at times light red spotting (maybe even more than spotting) it would stop for a few weeks and start again. That was due to erosions on my cervix. My last spotting was at around 17 weeks and I didn’t have any more after that. I was so worried though! He’s happy and healthy and I had a healthy pregnancy x

Last night I woke up in the early hours with THE WORST cramps ever, I got up and went to pee, passed a little bit of gas but the cramps were still happening. No spotting or anything and went back to sleep, fine this morning so I guess they were just gas pains. Frightened me!!
My last day of being 10 weeks today.. woo. Just want it to hurry up and be thursday, I will be 11w1d and I'm going to just about beg OB to check the heartbeat (they don't really check it that much until 18 weeks where I am at OB visits)

Last night I woke up in the early hours with THE WORST cramps ever, I got up and went to pee, passed a little bit of gas but the cramps were still happening. No spotting or anything and went back to sleep, fine this morning so I guess they were just gas pains. Frightened me!!
My last day of being 10 weeks today.. woo. Just want it to hurry up and be thursday, I will be 11w1d and I'm going to just about beg OB to check the heartbeat (they don't really check it that much until 18 weeks where I am at OB visits)
Really hope you can hear the hb to reassure you. My mw managed to find it at 12 weeks on the Doppler but it was a bit tricky. If you’re thin I think it’s a bit easier than if you’re not ;) I have to wait another 3 weeks to hear it again and I’m feeling anxious!!

That’s scary. Glad everything seems to be okay!

I am thinking about doing the early gender reveal blood test to find out the gender. The local place close to where I live can get the results back in a few days and they charge a little over 120 bucks to do the test for you. The blood tests are like 98% accurate from what I have read. I also want to do an elective ultrasound with them, they can do an early gender scan at 14 weeks as well. I might do one at 10 weeks also! I did see the cheapy pee tests that supposedly tell gender on Amazon but based on reviews the results aren't that accurate. Is anyone else doing any early elective ultrasounds or finding out the gender early? I give you girls lots of credit that have the patience to wait until delivery to find out the gender! I just don't have the patience to wait, LOL! Hubby is really hoping for a boy this time and so am I, but of course the main thing is that the baby is healthy whether it is a girl or a boy!
I will have a private gender scan at 16 weeks. Then the 20 week nhs one should be able to tell us aswell

I am so sorry that happened to you! Big hugs to you! I’m glad that you feel better now! Make sure you are drinking plenty of water overnight! We don’t always think about drinking well we are sleeping of course but I know being dehydrated can cause contractions as the pregnancy progresses further along. I take a few sips of water on my million overnight trips to the bathroom. I drink water before bed and as soon as I wake up also. TUMS are safe to take during pregnancy also, maybe that could help with stomach pains/gas.

I hope you can get in to see OB for piece of mind to hear the heart beat! I’m sure that everything is just fine though hun! XOXO

Have you thought of buying yourself a Doppler for at home use. I have one, so I can hear the heart beat at home. Of course it’s not always easy to find but as you get further in the pregnancy you get better at finding it and it gets easier as baby gets bigger to find. There are some YouTube videos that tell you where you can use the probe to find the heart beat that I always found very helpful.

This is the one I have, I bought it years ago, but I think I paid about 50 bucks for it at that time.

I will have a private gender scan at 16 weeks. Then the 20 week nhs one should be able to tell us aswell

That’s great! I’m glad to know that I’m not the only impatient mom in the group anxious to find out the gender! LOL! If I wait to find out the gender through my OB they do it at 19 weeks here I’m the states, if my memory serves me right! The elective ultrasound place that is close to my house can do it at 14 weeks at the earliest I guess. The BW that I mentioned can be done as early as 8 or 9 weeks to determine gender. It’s just a regular blood draw from your arm. I have never heard of it before until just recently. I never tired it with earlier pregnancies because I didn’t know it existed. I’ll let you know if I do it though and find out if the results end up being accurate. A few girls that I’m friends with did it and it was accurate!

This is the test. However I’m going through a facility to have it done, but it is pretty much the same thing as the test you can order. It’s pretty amazing that gender can be determined that early!

Early Baby Gender Blood Test At Home | SneakPeek®

Last edited:
A blood test to determine the gender? Amazing. I wonder if it works. I’m hoping to find out the gender around July 11th. I’ll be 15 weeks and they do scans in the UK from 14 weeks. When I was last pregnant you had to be 16 weeks so the technology must have come on a lot

Does anyone have any tips for managing heartburn? I’m not sure if tums are a thing here and my heartburn has been so bad today it’s making it hard to eat.

I didn’t even know they did the blood test here in the UK. I’ve never heard of anyone getting it done. The clinic I use still won’t do gender scans until 16weeks. There is another one that does them at 15 weeks but I’ve got a loyalty card thing with the one I’ve been using. If I get my gender scan there I get a free 4d upgrade.

Does anyone have any tips for managing heartburn? I’m not sure if tums are a thing here and my heartburn has been so bad today it’s making it hard to eat.
Can you take Gaviscon if you have it there? I know that is safe to use and I find it more effective than Tums.
I've found eating smaller and grazing throughout the day helps rather than having bigger meals. If you get it lying down, apparently lying on your left side will help more than right side :)

@Teafor2

The bleeding I had at 6 weeks and 14+5 weeks was red and had little tiny bits in. It looked like medium flow AF but only lasted just over a hour and then wud stop. It was a little watery too.

The other times was just pink spotting when wiping. I had that right up untill 8 weeks.

I didn't know I had a erosion.
But with the bleed at 14+5 weeks they did a internal because they needed to see if my cervix was opening and if there was blood there.

My cervix was shut and there was just a small amount of blood.
Then I was told I had a erosion on my cervix and how very common they are in pregnancy.

@Skye75

They listened to my babies HB when I had my first consultant appointment, but I was 14+3 weeks.
I don't think they will do it any earlier than that because of how hard it is to find and baby is still so very teeny at 11 weeks.

I mean u can ask and see what they say, they can only say yes or no.

I have my own doppler which I brought last pregnancy.
I found this babies HB at almost 10 weeks but it was very very hard to find and so so quite.

I was told they don't like doing it untill after 16 weeks.
I think its just because babies are so tiny until u get to like 14+ weeks but even then the HB can so hard to find and it can cause unnecessary worry.

I'm also experiencing a bleeding episode right now.
I dont do first trimester ultrasounds, so I'm just waiting it out and hoping for the best. I went on a hike up a mountain over the weekend so as the bleeding is light, I'm very hopeful it's just the case of having overdone it.

Yay for the trials and uncertainties of early pregnancy.
Ive experienced first trimester bleeding that has gone both ways before, but I'm going to unfollow this group until I know which which way its going this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->