• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

♥ December 2021/January 2022 Due Dates ♥

Lovely bumps everyone! :D
I seen my OB today, everything on the morph scan looked good apart from the low lying placenta. Have to have another scan at 34 weeks but she is pretty certain it will move.
She put me on Sertraline, my moods have been shocking lately and I haven't been feeling very good. A bit worried since it is a cat C drug and there is concern baby may have withdrawal symptoms for the first few days of life :/ hopefully I can maybe come off it before full term maybe.
Glucose test between 26-28 weeks yuck. Next OB appointment 27 weeks, have to get my whooping cough jab and anti-D jab then also, yay for being a pin cushion lol.
Ugh I hate the feeling of needing medication you feel uncertain about. I have been there with both nausea meds and if you can believe it allergy meds. I just wanted some relief so badly. Even when we do all we do for our babies, You are still important and need to be healthy!! It’s a struggle maintaining health while pregnant for me in many ways :/

@Skye75 if it's any consolation I'm on 200mg of sertraline and have been with my last couple babies and none have suffered withdrawal. The way the Drs said to me was that baby needs a healthy mama and that includes mental health. Sorry you have to have the medication xxxxx

Glad you’re all doing well ladies!

I’m feeling lots of little kicks but nowhere near as much as with My second baby I had a posterior placenta with him. Anterior placenta this time (again!) very annoying but just glad I’m getting regular movement x

Is anyone here having, or have had, (whilst pregnant)their covid vaccines? I know the media seems to be scaremongering half the time and it doesn't help when the so called chief scientific advisor goes on about x amount of vaccinated people in hospitals and then double backing on himself saying no, he was wrong (...)
I was in the office for a couple of hours the other day (unplanned but I ended up staying for a bit) and one of the reception staff later tested positive...cases on the rise etc... I'm not going to lie, I am getting worried and in any other time would have probably had the jab by now.
But there doesn't seem to be much info on pregnancy and vaccine effects so my instinct so far has to been to wait until baby born. But reading everything the last few days has made me second guess myself.
So I thought I'd see what the general consensus is!

Is anyone here having, or have had, (whilst pregnant)their covid vaccines? I know the media seems to be scaremongering half the time and it doesn't help when the so called chief scientific advisor goes on about x amount of vaccinated people in hospitals and then double backing on himself saying no, he was wrong (...)
I was in the office for a couple of hours the other day (unplanned but I ended up staying for a bit) and one of the reception staff later tested positive...cases on the rise etc... I'm not going to lie, I am getting worried and in any other time would have probably had the jab by now.
But there doesn't seem to be much info on pregnancy and vaccine effects so my instinct so far has to been to wait until baby born. But reading everything the last few days has made me second guess myself.
I was totally going to get it but second guessed myself as well. It’s just a bit to untested for me to be comfortable with it I think, personally. But everyone has their own choice. I also have had Covid pre pregnancy so know I have at least some antibodies although who knows with all the variants out there. It just sounds like a new influenza that mutates every year and we have to get a new shot… but I haven’t been very good at getting my flu shot from year to year either!

Iv had both jabs during pregnancy, my now 9 month old caught it when she was 3 months and was the most terrifying time so of there is even a slight chance I could give this one antibodies then I'm going to... everyone is different though so it's really a personal choice xx

Iv had both jabs during pregnancy, my now 9 month old caught it when she was 3 months and was the most terrifying time so of there is even a slight chance I could give this one antibodies then I'm going to... everyone is different though so it's really a personal choice xx
Oh no....that must have been awful, I'm glad she has got past it bless her. You didn't have any adverse side effects then, being pregnant compared to not? It feels such a dilemma!

@aymz1983 I got Pfizer. My doctor recommended waiting until my second trimester but she strongly recommended me getting it because of my job and due date. I’m still waiting for my second shot. I get it in a week.

I think I may have felt movement for the first time last night?! But it may have been just muscle twitches before bed. It’s hard to tell since I’ve never been pregnant before.

I had one AZ jab before I got pregnant and the second one 3 weeks ago. The number of cases in the school I work in was just getting insane and then one of our unvaccinated staff was admitted to ICU. I decided to take my chances with the second dose after that. Both my GP and midwife recommended it

Yes I had my first one a few days before finding out I was pregnant only problem is I had the AZ which isn’t recommended

visit the rcog website for all the up to date and accurate info. All ingredients are safe in pregnancy otherwise they wouldn’t recommend it for pregnant women. There’s a lot of scaremongering but if you understand the science there’s nothing to worry about in terms of what’s in the vaccines x

Yes I had my first one a few days before finding out I was pregnant only problem is I had the AZ which isn’t recommended

visit the rcog website for all the up to date and accurate info. All ingredients are safe in pregnancy otherwise they wouldn’t recommend it for pregnant women. There’s a lot of scaremongering but if you understand the science there’s nothing to worry about in terms of what’s in the vaccines x
Thank you, I've just had a quick scroll through whilst waiting for dinner, I didn't think to look at that before thank you :)

I had the pfizer one and not a single side affect except a achey arm. Baby is growing on 50th percentile and very active also got very low risk of any of the downs syndrome etc.. xx

I’m in 2 minds also. Being an A&E nurse Covid is rising again and I’ve never had it before. So I’m definitely nervous about it, but I’ve also seen so many adverse reactions from people having the vaccine too. I’m so undecided, it’s stressing me out a little!!

It’s a girl!
My big is so excited to have a little sister

View attachment 1100514

Congratulations hon

I’m in 2 minds also. Being an A&E nurse Covid is rising again and I’ve never had it before. So I’m definitely nervous about it, but I’ve also seen so many adverse reactions from people having the vaccine too. I’m so undecided, it’s stressing me out a little!!

It's It's hard isn't it. I've not had the vaccine either. I have been in 2 minds here and there but there is something I just don't trust about it.

No vaccine for me especially not while pregnant. It was too rushed/convenient and is way too new to be able to make an educated decision on it. I wont be putting my unborn baby at risk or myself. My opinion/decision - not looking for debate and not judging those who choose otherwise.

congrats @kmpreston !!

anatomy scan on Tuesday! Cant wait!

sorry @Catmumof4 you have fibro too - its such a crummy disease that only people who have it truly understand. :hugs:

Sorry Ive been m.i.a. this week. Ive been super nauseous, exhausted and miserable. 20 weeks on Saturday and I thought I’d be past this and in my “glowing” stage by now. :dohh:

anyone else around 18-20 weeks miserable? Wondering if baby is just going through a growth spurt. Have had tons of awful round ligament pain.

Sorry Ive been m.i.a. this week. Ive been super nauseous, exhausted and miserable. 20 weeks on Saturday and I thought I’d be past this and in my “glowing” stage by now. :dohh:

anyone else around 18-20 weeks miserable? Wondering if baby is just going through a growth spurt. Have had tons of awful round ligament pain.
I’m still nauseas on and off throughout the day and I’m in my 16th week. I find it’s way worse when I’m tired. I am also recovering from a nasty cold, which doesn’t help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->