1 day DPO and in need of buddies :)

By Mel's posts I figured it wouldn't be long until you two meet! How awesome will that be?! Someday I hope we all can catch up and meet. That would be really awesome. Sorry you haven't been feeling well. I was sick for about 11 days. I hate being sick. Glad you're on the road to recovery. I really can't wait for Spring to get here. Hard to believe i'll be married a year next month. So awesome I share my wedding day with Isabela's birthday! How ironic. :)

Rowan had his 4 month shots a week ago. He's a big boy. Weighing in at 20.2 lbs and 27in long. He's 98th percentile for weight, 97 for length and 100 for his noggin. He's in 9/12 month sleepers already. He's such a big big boy! He did great with his shots. Screamed one loud time and was done. He makes me so proud! Love him soo much.

Hope everyone is doing well. I'm starting to eat better and get back into shape. I am feeling really yucky lately. Also looking around at things i'm interested in to go to school for. We will see!

Hi Ladies!

How is everyone!? Long time no check-in! I've been crazy busy with school. Finally had a chat with my boss about when I'll graduate - we're going to propose I defend early May to my committee. I have a phone interview for a job on Tuesday. I'm really excited but really nervous!!!! Miles also has his 4 month appointment on Tuesday - can't wait to see how much he's grown! I don't think he'll be topping the charts like little Rowan but he just seems like he's grown so much!

Jess - How exciting Mel is in town!! I would love to have all of us get together some time! It would be so nice! Can't wait to see pictures of the babies together! Sorry you've been sick - this has been just an awful viral season! Kirk and the kids are getting over another cold :/ It's been just constant! I'm the only one that hasn't gotten a really bad cold this season *knock on wood*

Rach - Sounds like Rowan is doing amazing! Have you started any foods? We put a bit of cereal in Miles bottle lately and he seems to like it. I can't wait to start finger foods! So much fun to watch them learn to use their fine motor skills!! Glad you're getting back on track with health - it can be so hard after a baby! All I want to do is get take-out food and sleep whenever there is a free moment! It's sad how much effort it takes to be healthy!

Sam - how are you doing?? did you switch to formula for O yet? I think I remember you talking about it. I have my moments that I really want to stop breastfeeding just because I can't keep up with pumping at work, but then I have other moments that I just cherish with Miles that I feel like it's going to be so hard to stop - I guess that's why it's such an emotional thing for mommies when they decide to stop even though it's a totally reasonable thing to do!!

Kels and Mar - hope you ladies are doing well!

Glad everything is going great with you Lindsay. Glad to hear the boys are doing well!

I don't know what to do for Rowan! He has never liked tummy time. I've been putting him on his belly regardless lately and he just flips right over every time I do it. So it's becoming useless. He's so lazy! He doesn't want to lift his head for long in the jumperoo. Which is delaying him in crawling and sitting up. When he does it, he does great. He's just so lazy! I don't know what to do. Any ideas? Is there any toys you would recommend to get him active? I need something! He doesn't seem to like any of the toys he has. I don't know if it's because he's lazy or if they truly aren't great toys. Thanks girls!

I have been meaning to write and catch upwith everyone.

Rach - He is still very young to be crawling or even sitting up Oliver is 6.5 months and is only now just managing to sit on his own unsupported for a few minutes. B hated tummy time and was the same as Rowan rolling over as soon as he got on his tummy but he was sitting at 6-7 months, and crawling at 10 months.

I can't think of any specific toys. Even from this age I can see how B and O play with toys differently and it seems O isn't as bothered by dangly play gym/mobile toys as B was.

I just got down on the floor as much as possible to encourage him and also pulled him up to the sitting position from lying (gentle on the wrists though)

Rach - both Oakley and Miles hate(d) tummy time and I think it took O a bit longer to crawl because of it and it may cause Miles to take a bit longer too but I just encourage head and neck muscle growth by using the bumbo with toys in front of them, although Oakley had very little interest in toys whereas Miles is obsessed with dangling, crinkly or spinning toys. Oakley had some interest in the "crinkle" books as we call them but that was about it. Kirk always jokes that you'll never see someone and say "well that guy didn't get enough tummy time as a kid!" He's going to crawl and sit up on his own, but it def takes time. Oakley was a solid 6 months before he was sitting on his own and only for short amounts of time at that point. I think it took him until around 8 months to do the 'army' crawl and a full year to walk. I would do tummy time for O on my belly to talk to him to keep him entertained. I'll be honest, I haven't been that great about it with Miles but Miles is impressively good with his head - although when he's on his belly he doesn't lift it up very high but that's probably because he's screaming so loudly!! Try to be patient - you're doing a great job! Just keep encouraging him to try to sit by himself and hold himself up - he'll get there!

Hi girls! Hope all is well with you! It's been hard to keep up with everything!

Rach - just get him down there and if he rolls over that's ok. Isabela hated tummy time too and would cry when I tried it. Do you have one of those play mats? Just turn him over on that lay down on the floor with him and out some things in front of him. Once he gets used to it he'll do better. It's good he rolls over too!

I'm just busy, busy busy thes days it's crazy! Thinking of having someone come clean my house because I just can't keep up with it all and there's just not enough time!
I wanted to ask you girls what kinds of things did you pack for your little ones to eat when they started on foods? Isabela is starting to not want baby food and wants to eat on her own. Miss Independent! It's fine when we're home because I give her some of what we're eating but now I have to pack a lunch for school so trying to come up with some ideas. She only has 2 teeth. They usually feed her breakfast and a snack which she can usually eat because it's something soft but lunch I am struggling with. Today I sent a sandwich which they can cut up the bread meat and cheese and I think she'll be ok (she loves bread) but I am struggling for other ideas!

Hi Girls!

How is everyone? I'm doing OK - enrolling Miles in daycare starting in March - *sigh* !! I'm just not able to get enough done with him here. I'm tentatively scheduled to defend in May and I think I'm going to need every minute I can spare in the next couple months! Some days I'm really upset about him going to daycare and others I really look forward to a nice work day to myself to get things done! He's just already so grown up, it's making me so sad that I feel like I'm going to blink and they're going to be all grown up and I'm going to miss it! But then again, I know if they're at daycare I will make the most of the time I do have with them and they learn so much there - ugh. It's just kind of unfortunate!! It looks like I have a job lined up too! Not official yet but it's very promising! I will probably start Mid-July which will give me a good month to take off with the boys. Keep your fingers crossed for me the job comes through!

Jess - Have you tried spaghetti O's? She's still not allowed milk products, right? You have a lot more options once they can have yogurts and cheeses. I did fruit cups and puffs a lot when Oakley was first learning to eat. Can she do the packets yet? Oakley still loves those!
I don't blame you wanting someone to clean your house - I need someone to do ours but we just can't afford it right now! Once I get a job we're going to start talking about it! Although, with Oakley, I think I would need someone in here daily!! :p

Hi girls!
Sorry it's been a while. It's been hard to keep up with life!!! How's everyone doing?

Lindsay - thanks for the suggestion on the spaghetti o's. I didn't even think of those pastas in a can!! I will definitely try that. She does like the graduates yogurts but she seems to want to feed herself. I've recently started the pouches and she seems to be doing good with those, just trying to think of things she can pick up and feed herself. I do the frozen pancakes for breakfast and those are great. I need to look into maybe some small pizzas or something like that they can heat and cut into small pieces fo her.

Saw your post about daycare. Glad you made it though the first day. I'm sure it's hard but will be so great in the long run.

I have been super busy planning Isabela's 1st birthday. We are not doing anything too crazy, just family and some close friends but trying to make it really special for her. Also coming up on the 1 Year mark to stop BF. It shouldn't be hard to transition her off to formula 100% since we're already supplementing (or I guess milk) but I think sometimes it's more of a comfort thing for her. She falls asleep in my lap and every night after BF and then I put her to bed. Did you guys have any issues with this?

Hi!

We survived the first week of daycare but I've had both boys home the last two days because of snow. Looking forward to 50 degree days next week!!

The pastas in a can are definitely messy but they seem to like it! Oakley also liked bologna and deli meats at Isabela's age. Now I can't get him to eat any meat except bacon lol.

I've started Miles on spoon feeding and he LOVES it - it's so cute. I'm dreading stopping breastfeeding with him for the exact reason you are thinking with the nighttime feed calming him before bed. I'm looking forward to never pumping again but we didn't really have this issue with Oakley because he had a bottle before bed, but we just started moving the bedtime bottle earlier and keeping him up for a half hour or so and then putting him to bed and eventually we replaced the nighttime bottle with a sippy of milk - maybe you could try the same with the nighttime breastfeed and then transition to a bottle/sippy?

Hi Girls!

How is everyone doing?? I haven't been on here much because we've been so busy! I had a job interview recently that I think went really well so hopefully that will work out!

We just found out that our daycare center has been sold to new owners. We're a bit concerned because I really love the staff and I'm afraid they will change the teachers but I guess only time will tell! Tuition is already breaking the bank too so I'm nervous about that going up as well. We'll see, I suppose!!

Both the boys have had off and on colds since Miles has started daycare (3 weeks ago) but they haven't seemed as bad as previous colds. Not sure if it's because of Oakley's tubes - he did have an ear infection a week or so ago but thanks to the tubes he was still happy and no fever and no oral antibiotics - so it was MUCH better!! I'm anxious for spring and hope these colds will slow down!!

Miles is doing really well - he's starting to sit on his own more and is spoon feeding like a champ but I feel like he's already starting to wean a bit, but that may just be in my head. I'm curious to see where Miles is on the growth charts in April for his 6 month check up - he feels heavier but I have a feeling he's still on the lower side. I weighed him here the other day and he was around 16lbs. I think they want them to double their weight by 6 months, so he should really be up around 17lbs but we'll see! He sure is happy and seems to eat well so I'm sure he's fine!

How's everyone else doing?? I love seeing everyone's pictures on facebook! We all produce such good looking babies!!! :p

I saw Mar is pregnant again on facebook! So exciting!!

Kels - hope you're doing well too!!

we haven't talked in two months?! I think that's a record.

I hope everyone is doing great!

Kelsey how far are you now?

Hi girls!
Hope you are all doing well. Sorry it's been so long. It's been so nuts for me and I used to post when I was in the Mother's Room at work so not that I'm not it's been harder to find time. I am so glad to at least see your updates on FB.

How's everyone doing?
Lindsay - how is it going with the daycare? Miles is getting so big I can't believe it. Did it seem like the weaning was just a stage?

Rach - Rowan is getting so big! How are things going with work? Do you have him in daycare now or are you and Andrew still working different shifts to watch him?

I can't remember when Kelsey is due, does anyone know? I will need to check on Mar on FB. Great news!

AFM - Isabela is going great. She's is getting so independent at times she can be quite a handful! She tries to stand in the carts at the grocery store etc now so when she starts doing that it gets pretty tough quick. It is nice to be able to do things around the house though and now she can entertain herself doing her own thing. We have our 15 month appointment later this month. Got a little bit of the baby fever now but mentally not sure if I'm ready to go through all that again. I feel like I should just be thankful for what we have. I just turned 42 this year so that's a big negative too.
We sold our boat last month. That was a really hard decision but it was getting harder to use with Isabela and we didn't want to just let it sit (plus its a depreciating asset). She was all over the place and we couldn't really child proof it. It wasn't as relaxing anymore and I couldn't help Chris with the cleaning etc when we got back to the marina. Anyway, we are enjoying quiet weekends now and we will probably get another when she's a little older. We are actually getting stuff done around the house now! We did get annual passes to Busch Gardens, the zoo and the Children's Museum so Isabela is really enjoying that.
Oh and we just booked a 7 night cruise for November. Isabela will be 18 months by then so we'll see how that goes.

Lindsay - when did you move Oakley to the toddler bed? Also, did you buy the nightstand with that set? I'm wondering now if I should get it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->