1 day DPO and in need of buddies :)

Congratulation Linds - glad everything went much better and hope all are doing okay. Bit like husbands side of the family - lots of boys!!

Thanks! Yes! Lots of boys! 2 older girl cousins from Kirk's sister and now 4 boys! They named him Jagger Joseph

Hi all! I'm new to this site. I joined last weekend after I had a miscarriage at 9w2d. I am posting quickly, but will write more later. I just want to say that I enjoy reading about all of your TTC adventures post mc, though there are some real trials! I feel hopeful about the future. I got married Oct. 25, 2014 and found out I was pregnant on Nov. 2, 2014 only to miscarry last Sat., 12/13/14, while in Boston visiting my girlfriends. I've been cleared to start trying again by the midwife after one cycle. I have never looked more forward to AF! I can't wait to start TTC! I hope we get lucky and conceive easily again! Baby dust to those TTC and a happy and healthy 9 months to those who are pregnant. Looking forward to getting to know you all better.

Hi Ladies!!

How is everyone??

Welcome hope2b! So sorry for your loss! All of us on this thread have been through a lot and most have gotten first rainbows, some two and others are working on their second! Are you charting??

Kels - Hope you had another successful scan by now!!

Sam - How's O's sleeping going?? Sickness getting better in your house??

Jess - How are you and the family doing?? Kirk and I keep joking we're going to move to Florida because of all the sickness going around up here right now! I can't wait for summer to get rid of all these colds!!!!

AFM - Miles is on the mend from his first cold :( I jinxed him and was so happy he was healthy from breastfeeding. His cold has been the least severe of the bunch and is at the coughing stage at this point. We're back to not sleeping very long stretches because of the cold so I hope that he goes back to sleeping well as soon as the cough resolves. I can still hear the congestion when he breathes but I haven't seen much snot the last day or two, so I think we're almost there! I had the doctor check his ears/lungs yesterday at Oakley's followup appointment yesterday and all was clear - thank goodness!
Oakley on the other hand did not have as good of news. He's on his third ear infection since November and the last round of antibiotics did not work. I have an appointment with an ENT I work with next Wednesday morning to discuss tubes. I'm happy we're finally going down the road of tubes for him because he's been just miserable with all these ear infections this season.
We got to meet Oakley and Miles' new cousin this past weekend - he's SO cute!!

Happy New Year everyone! Hope you have a great and safe night!! :)

Hi girls!!!!
Merry Christmas! Happy New year!!! :xmas7:
I can't believe its been a month since I posted! I have been a terrible friend! I usually catch up and post during the day when I've been in the Mothers Room pumping but it's been so nuts at work that I've been bringing my laptop in there and trying to get caught up on work. No time for fun!! :cry:

Kelsey - 10 weeks already!! I am glad things are going well!! I hope yiu will be out if the woods soon so you can relax and enjoy the pregnancy! I had the Maternity 21 test. It's a blood test done before 13 weeks that tests for various chromosomal problems (and will also tell you gender!!) Maybe you can ask your doctor about it. Happy Birthday to Khloe!! :cake:

Sam - Hope Oliver is doing better with sleeping. Have you considered putting a little rice cereal in his bottle? That might help hold him over a little bit. I did that with Isabela's night bottle so she felt a little more full.

Lindsay - that would be great if you guys moved to Florida! It was in the 80's over the weekend! So beautiful out!! We have a couple universities and several hospitals in Tampa and I am sure that Kirk would have no trouble finding a job as well!! Are you back to work now? How is Miles doing with the bottle?

Rach - how are you doing? You always have Rowan in the cutest outfits!!! Any sign of AF yet? I still haven't gotten mine and I'm going on 10 months now.

AFM - it's been a crazy month! Isabela got RSV so I had to take her out of school for a few days. Thankfully she never got it too bad but it was terrible to see her sick. She starts back at school tomorrow and she'll be starting in Her new class. They moved her up to the next room so she started to transition some before the holidays and now will be full time. Looking forward to getting her back into a routine! She is so fun now being more expressive and independent. My time with her over the holidays was great!!! She's almost walking on her own now too. She's been zooming around the house with her push walker but lately has been standing a lot on her own (unsupported) and took 2 steps over the weekend!! Yeah!!! We've also started trying the sippy cup with her and giving her small pieces of our food when we're eating, that seems to be going ok. I'm just at a loss for things that are ok to try with her or send to school for lunch. Do you girls have any suggestions?

Oh girls it's been forever since I've been on here! Haven't even had time to get on and stalk!
Your poor sick babies---Jess how scary with the RSV, glad she never got it bad. She's at such a fun age where she really starts developing her personality. Hope you love her new room. What's the age range in the room?
Lindsay let me know if you have any ear questions! Khloe still has her tubes in, and hasn't had an infection in a long time (knock on wood). After the ENT visit, we knew for sure we wanted tubes because he said she had liquid in her ears that weren't clearing up so we would just continue to have infection after infection. the only other thing I've heard people swear by is taking them to a pediatric chiropractor. Idk, I could never picture Khloe sitting still for something like that, but I guess they have their own technique that works for their age. I didn't go that route, just went for the tubes. And don't regret it.
Hi hope2bmother! Welcome, we've been through it all and nothing is off limits in here so ask any questions you might have. Hope you have luck right away again with getting pregnant!
Hi Sam and Rach!
AFM--Had u/s at 9 weeks and saw hb. It's just a crappy portable scanner so we can't see much and it doesn't check the hematoma spot so she's really just checking to make sure the baby is growing. Last week I had my blood tests and haven't heard anything back but I'm not really even sure what they're checking for. This week Friday I'll go in for another u/s (again just with the crappy portable one) and then in 2 weeks we'll schedule the u/s that will check for the chromosonal problems but more importantly will be able to check the hematoma site and maybe be able to tell more definately if it was a lost twin or a hematoma that is hopefully shrinking. She said at the last u/s that it looked smaller, but she really couldn't tell. anxious for the 2 week appt...Other than that, Khloe's super, we have parent/teacher conferences (sounds so weird to say that when she's only 2) next week and then she goes off to her new room. She's been transitioning a couple hours a day to the other room, so she should be ready for it next week. She talks so much about her little classmates right now, that I worry about taking her out of there when she's so used to all of them. Jessie so jealous of your temps, with wind chill it's been at least 30 below this week and will continue for the rest of the week. brr!

Kelsey - Looking forward to your scan updates. I am glad (and I am sure you are too) that they are monitoring you closely. I forgot to ask what you ended up doing for your baby reveal? I am sure as Khloe gets older it will be harder to move rooms because she will be more aware of her friends. Are any of her other classmates moving too? That might make it easier. Isabela's new room is the mobile infant room some think it's typically 1-2 years old when they are walking. Her and another little boy are pretty close compared to the other classmates in her old room so they decided to move them up. I am sure they probably had new infants coming in too that helped with the bump. Regardless I am happy about the move because I'd rather her be more challenged and learn new things. It sounds like they keep them a lot more active in the new room.

I feel a bit emotional today, my girlfriend had her baby last night 3 months early and weighs 2 lbs 2 ounces. I can't even imagine. I am just praying that everything will be ok for them. I know how my heart feels about Isabela and My heart breaks that they are going through this. :cry: Ugh!!!

Hi girls,

I have tried to stalk but had so little time over the holidays to post. Hope you all had a lovely Christmas and an Happy healthy New Year to you all!!

Kels - so glad the scans are going well and hopefully the more detailed one will be able to put your mind are rest about the haematoma. Do other children of a similar age not move up together, I thought that would make sense to help with the transition? We don't tend to have different rooms in our nursery but the one B goes to is quite smell. I nitially I was a bit worried about him being with older kids but they have been great with him and they say the older kids really help bring on the younger ones.

Linds - Poor O. I hope you get the tubes and they end up being as successful as Khloes. Despite his endless cough cold illnesses touch wood ear infection is one thing B never had so can't imagine what having recurrent infections would be like. Hopefully both boys on the mend now. Are you back to work full time now? I remember you had to go in for a few days a little while ago.

Jess - I am sending lots of positive vibes to your friend :hugs:, I can't imagine how tough that would be. I know a girl from on here that had her baby at 23 weeks and is thriving now. Its so scary but I am sure she and baby will be fine, although a long road to get there.
Poor Isabels with the rsv. B had that at 5 months old, pretty scary listening to him breath but luckily he didn't need to go to the hospital. So I really hope she is all better from that. I loved the 10 month plus stage, they really beginning to show their own little personalities and are such fun to be around (not that younger one aren't its just a different type of interaction). Glad she is doing well in the bigger room in the nursery, as I said above I think it helps bring them on interacting with older kids and with more 'structured' play.

Rach - love the pics on FB of your gorgeous baby boy, he is so handsome.

afm - Christmas was a little stressful. We went back home to dad and step mums which was good but both boys had bad colds and although O naps improved his night sleeping went horribly bad!! B was acting up, typical 2 year old made worse by the cold but extremely frustrating at times. I was glad to get home in some ways and to get back to our routine. Got Oliver weighed today after our waterbabies class. 15lb5z. He is still gaining weigh but not following the growth line (dropped form 50th to now under the 25th). He is taking a bottle well now and since the night sleep has been so bad 2 nights ago introduced a night bottle. OH will do the first feeding and I'll do the rest. I am going to wait a couple more week before starting to wean. Its is strongly encouraged to wait till 6 months here (and I did with B) but my mum is really pushing it thinking it will help with his sleeps. But as I keep saying to her it never did for B as he didn't consistently sttn till 14 months old. He is getting more smiley and bably and cooing loads, he seems a happier baby as compared to before christmas which I think is down to better napping (although I have to lay with him to get him to nap for longer than 30 minutes).

OMG! SO mad. I just wrote a huge paragraph and everything got deleted. GRR!! Gonna get that bat out an start swinging!

Anyways... Kelsey i am so happy to hear from you! I've been worrying about you. Sounds like things are going good so far. I can't believe you're 11 weeks! Not too long and you'll be out of First Trimester!!! WOOHOO!! I hope it's just a hematoma that is super duper small now! Is Ryan nervous or excited? Any feeling on what the gender of this baby is? Or are you still scared of the unknown that you haven't even thought about it?

Jessie I saw your video on facebook of Isabela taking a couple small steps!!! What a big girl. She is doing great for being 9 months. So advanced and smart! She has the most beautiful eyes!

Sam sorry to hear about O not wanting to nap very long. I don't know how you do it. That has to be so hard. Must feel like you never get a break. If Rowan was like that, i think i'd be severely depressed. Not because i don't love him or want to care for him, but because it would get overwhelming to not get a second for myself. I hope you're doing well with it. I give you many kudos girl.

Lindsay, i hope the sickness is out of the household by now. Seems like someone is always getting sick their. I feel for you all.

I think Rowan is teething. He seems to be biting the heck out of his hand. He gets cranky certain parts of the day. He doesn't want anything to bite on other than his hand and fabric. When is it safe to give him ibuprofen? He isn't running a fever, but i don't know if i should give him a dose just to help the teething pain? Any suggestions on what you did? I gave him teething rings, but he isn't fond of them. His pediatrician seemed weirded that i gave him a dose before his 2 month shots. SO i haven't given him any since. Which, he hasn't needed any, but i'm just sayin. He has a little red dot under his eye. He woke up with it this morning. I'm keeping an eye on it. Hoping it doesn't turn into something bad. It's so hard to make the call of whether your baby is alright or needs to be seen by the Dr. I don't know when i'm over reacting or not! My baby will 4 months!! So hard to believe. They grow soo fast! He amazes me every day with how smart he is. He still hates tummy time. So his head is still a little weak, but he has come a long way. He goes in for his 4 month shots on Jan 28th. He was suppose to go the 19th, but the pediatrician had to cancel. I did end up getting my period on Dec 5. I started my BC pills and already got a 2nd one. Did not miss it. That's for sure! As for myself, i have my good days and i have my bad days. I've been battling depression on and off. Nothing to do with Rowan, but just really hating my job, self image, etc. right now. Also feel like i never see Andrew anymore. It's so hard. When i'm home he's at work and school. When he's home, i'm working. It gets me very depressed.

Hi Ladies!

Jess - so sorry Isabela came down with RSV! How scary! Glad it wasn't as bad for her as it could have been - it's so hard seeing them sick that young :( Glad she's getting switched to a new room - does she have another classmate moving with her? Oakley's school tries to switch more than one child at a time so they have a friend with them. Thankfully, Oakley's 'best' friends, a little boy and a little girl, always move with him since their birthdays are very close together. He moves again in the fall.
I am kind of back at work - I have a few experiments to do so I go in whenever I get a chance but with Oakley sick and the holidays I haven't been in much. I go in tomorrow and a few days next week but hopefully I'll only be writing from home soon.
Miles is doing OK with the bottle with me, but pretty much not at all for my dad, which is a big problem since he's the one watching Miles while I'm at school. Kirk's mom has started helping again too and she got two small bottles in Miles today. When I got home he drank a full 5 oz bottle and is now sleeping, so hopefully with time if we keep up lots of bottles during the day he'll be better with taking them for other people too. I should be able to stay home the majority of February as long as my latest experiments work, so hopefully I won't stress out my dad too much.

Kelsey - glad you've gotten good updates! Kind of stinks it's not a very clear ultrasound but hopefully the 12 week scan will reassure you further and that the hematoma is teeny tiny and never was a twin! Is Khloe moving with another classmate? I think it really helps with the transition. How have you been feeling this pregnancy? Any sickness?? I hope not!! That's one thing I don't think I'll ever miss!!
I'm excited for Oakley to get the tubes - I only hear good things about it. The ENT was a bit hesitant to put them in as this strongest antibiotic finally cleared Oakley's ears up but it took 3 rounds of different antibiotics to finally get it clear and he said with the next cold, he would probably go through it all again since he's had 3 since November.

Sam - so sorry the little ones haven't been sleeping well! I struggle with Miles sleeping and I'm tempted to let him cry it out but he sleeps so well at night that I'm reluctant to change anything. He only sleeps for 30 minutes tops during the day - I got a 1hr nap out of him the other day and felt like I had a vacation!!
My family is really pushing me to stop breastfeeding and it's really frustrating! I really enjoy breastfeeding, but I understand their frustration since he won't take a bottle and they're watching him, but I think we need to give it more time. He is taking the bottle now it just can't be a struggle to get him to take the first bottle of the day.

Rach - I hear you with the depression - I've been struggling this time around. The mini-pill I was taking definitely made it worse and I think just with everything going on with school, work, etc, it's draining. Hopefully things will settle for both of us soon. Don't be too hard on your self with your body image - it's tough to recover from a baby, so just try to be healthy and you'll get back to where you want to be.

Hugs to you all - Miles is up (from a 20 minute nap - ugh!!).

Lindsay - glad the bottles are going a little better for Miles. Hopefully he will be fine taking them from others in time. Does he take them ok from Kirk? Maybe your Dad could come over when you're home for a little while around bottle time just so he doesn't get used to just getting them from you. Yes there is another little boy that moved with her so at least she will have a friend and my neighbors daughter who is 16 months is in there now too for a little while. She seems to be doing good so far.

Rach - sorry you are having a hard time. Just keep telling yourself that it WILL get better!! I found that around 4-5 months it got a little bit easier with Isabela as she started to be able to go things herself and play with toys. Her age now has been the best yet! Keep trying with the teethers for Rowan. They even have those ones you can put fruit in. Isabela loves those things now even when she's not teething, it's like we are giving her a Popsicle. I have never tried the fruit ones but I know that others say they work great! Isabela hated being on her tummy too but keep trying only if it's just for a few minutes. Try putting a toy or something in front of him. Do you have a play mat? I am not sure if he can have Ibuprofen at that age, we used the infant Tylenol but I would not give him in any unless he really needs it and I would call the doctor first. The dose changes too with weight so you want to check that you are giving him the right amount.

AFM - I had some spotting yesterday, we'll see what happens today.

Oh rach - it's fine to use either Tylenol or advil for rowan but like jess said, make sure it's the right dose. They just don't recommend those meds before 2 months.

My dad has miles again today. Hope he does better. My mother in law did ok yesterday. He didn't eat much but he was happy all day. Kirk does ok feeding him but he takes it best from me. Hoping he gets better with it soon.

Hi Ladies!!

How is everyone doing?? Doing well over here - Oakley got his tubes in yesterday and I swear he woke up a new boy! He seemed so much happier last night than I think I have ever seen him! We were spoiling him a bit so that may be why but he was much more agreeable and I hope that continues today :) The procedure was really quick with no issues, so we feel very fortunate.

Miles did OK with my MIL yesterday - took one bottle. He drinks so much less with everyone else that I end up getting up with him a lot more at night, but I suppose that's better than him screaming the whole time he's with other people! I typically only have to get up with him once in the night, and rarely (like last night) twice. So, that's probably pretty normal at 3 months.

I went for a blood pregnancy test yesterday - assuming it will be negative - and if it is then I get to have my IUD placed. We've had to abstain since there needs to be absolutely no chance of pregnancy before they place it, so we're getting a little antsy to say the least!!

Hope everyone else is doing well!! xoxo

Lindsay - so glad the tubes went well. The pic you posted on FB made it look very cool so maybe that helps ease the kids! Did Miles just take 1 bottle in an 8 hour day with your MIL? Hopefully he will get better with that. How soon will you be able to get the IUD? I guess that's ok to have when your BF? I have to think about my BC method but I'm really wishing I would get a regular period. I had 2 days of spotting last week and that was it.

Isabela took a few more steps last night. I will probably regret it when she's all over the house into everything but it was so exciting!!! She's getting more and more confident on her feet so I don't think it will be much longer.

How is everyone else doing? I think we are going to try to get out on the boat this weekend so I am looking forward to that!

Very happy Oakley is doing a lot better now with tubes. Also happy it went smooth! I hope he continues to improve and be a happy boy!! Do you think you're going to have anymore kids in the future? I bet you can't wait to get that IUD in!

Jess before you know it, Isabela is going to be running around the house! I feel the same way with Rowan. I'll be happy to see him hit all of these milestones, but at the same time that means more trouble to get into lol. So happy and thankful every day to be able to wake up to my little guy!

Kelsey, how is everything going? When did you say your next appointment was? Next week?? Have you been having any morning sickness this time around?

Sam hope you're getting some rest, along with Oliver and B.

AFM just getting ready to get the house back in order. It's so hard to do anything when you're off. You just wanna sit and enjoy baby time! I am sooo sick of the cold. It's suppose to warm up here a little this upcoming weekend. 40/45. That is awesome for January. Can't complain there. Trying to eat better again. It's hard, but little steps is the key. I've been sitting back and thinking about when and if we're going to have another little one. Guess time will tell. If we do, i'd like to wait until Rowan's first birthday and then start trying. By the time he's 2, hopefully he will have a little brother or sister here or on their way!

Hi! Oakley is still doing well - he had a bit of bleeding out of his right ear yesterday, so that was a bit disconcerting but he's fine today, thankfully!

I get my IUD today - their next appointment wasn't until Monday and that was not going to fly haha. It's non-hormonal (yay) so I can still breastfeed with it. There are reviews of it that it can make AF worse but I guess I'll deal with that when I get AF back. I spot every once in a while making me think I'm going to get AF soon but it never shows. Hoping I'll get a few more months without it.
We are not planning right now to have any more. We talk about it every once in a while but I think 2 kids is enough for us, especially at this time in our lives. I guess if I got a good paying job and we got a bigger house we might consider another, but with the costs of daycare, and the style of our lives, I think we could provide best for 2.
What about you all? Rach - we started trying when Oakley was 18 months, and I think they're spaced out well, so starting to try when Rowan is a year sounds like a good idea!
Jess - have you guys decided if you'll want to try again?

Kels - thinking of you! can't wait to hear about your scan!

Rach - how are you doing with your depression? I saw your FB post the other day and I've been thinking of you so I hope your doing ok. So nice the gifts you got at work! Even if the job sucks, the people you work with can make it all worthwhile. Are you FT yet or just PT at the Front Desk?

Lindsay - glad Oakley is doing well! So have you not had a regular period yet? I might need to read up on the IUD to see if I should get one.

Kelsey - is your appt today?

AFM - not sure about having another. I feel so blessed to have Isabela and she's healthy. With all the MCs I just worry that a bad egg might slip through and that would just totally change our lives, and affect her as well. Plus with all the time it took we're also old!! I will be 42 this year and Chris 44 :wacko: I don't know, I haven't completely ruled it out but I feel like I should just be thankful for what I have and not press my luck you know,

Hi! No - I haven't had a real AF yet. Since having the paragard in I've had some bleeding but it's just from insertion. They say the first 2-3 months can have heavy AFs but I'm hoping my AF will stay away for another few months and I won't have to worry about that.

Your body seems to be pretty good at making sure no 'bad eggs' get through but I def understand not wanting to go through another MC!

Hi girls!
Hope everyone had a nice weekend! I have been battling a cold for about 3 weeks now so it's been terrible. Finally went to the doctor on Friday and got some antibiotics so hoping I'm now on my way to recovery!!!

Kelsey - saw your announcement on FB but checking to see how your spot went.

Mel is here in Clearwater now. Hoping to get together with her soon! Between being sick and other events I have not had a chance to see her yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->