1 in 5 chance of Downs Syndrome

lolpants

Mummy of 2 gorgeous girls
Reaction score
Been told today, following blood screening, that I have a 1 in 5 chance of baby having Downs Syndrome :cry:

I have amniocentesis booked for Thursday, as I just need to know.. and should know for 3 most major problems by Tuesday, and 14 other checks about 10 days after that.

I'm 33 and this is my 2nd child.

Trying to stay positive and think of this as 80% chance baby ok, and only 1 % chance that amnio will result in MC.

Would love to chat/hear from people who are having or had similar experience.

Thanks
Lol xx

I am so sorry. I had the same thing happen in august last year. I had a 1:15 chance of downs and a 1:1200 chance of Trisomy 18, We were that one in 1200. Baby girl had a NT measurement of 10.6 mm and fetal hydrops. I found out the day of the amnio at the scan before that she had died. We didnt have a good outcome but I am sending all my very positive thoughts your way and I hope that you have a great outcome. What was your Nt measurement?

Just wanted to say that I was 34 and I had lost one previously 2 years ago so we had a genetic test done to see if I held the gene and we both dont so that was great. I am now 15 weeks pregnant again and I got a 1:100,000 chance of having trisomy 18 this time! amazing odds! Good luck xxx

Am so sorry to hear you lost your baby :( Happy that you are expecting again and the risk has gone though!

Tomorrow is my test so should know main details by Tuesday.. trying to keep positive and hope I am not the 1 out of 5!

Lol xx

Thanks Ladies, seemed to go well. Dr even said that she was surprised how easy it was! Got lots of pics of baby.

Just gotta wait till Tuesday for main results now. The other results will be about 10 days later

Lol xx

Hi just wanted to send my thoughts one of my girls was 1:10 we didn't have amino as it was twins but she is fine was born with no concerns all the best you x

hope all is well. my midwife have had several people were given 1:2 and have come back all clear x

Fab news!! Just been told baby passed the 3 major tests!! :) We were told that if main results ok then the rest should be fine too... 10 days till those!
But at least I can relax a bit! Yey! :)

Lol xx

brilliant news hun I so pleased for you x

That's great news Hun, it's such a relief. I'm sure the last lot will be fine too :) x

I just got told today I have a 1:5 chance of downs to, NT was 6mm. I am lost also. I to feel an amnio may be best but Im not sure totally. I am scared. Miscarriage rate. Needle, rest. Im glad your baby passed.

Aww hun it was a hard decision to make. but I saw my odds in a positive manner. 80% chance baby ok and only 1 % chance amnio could make me lose them.

I made sure the person doing the process had lots of experience (nearly 30 yrs!)

It is the not being able to pick up your LO afterwards that is hard - I see you have 7 so you'll need extra help I guess?

Hope it goes well for you :hugs:

Lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"