10-12 month check up?

mum22ttc#3

Mum of 3
Reaction score
Hi, lo has her 10-12 month check up in 2 weeks and Im worried the Hv may say shes a bit behind. At the moment she can sit up by herself, but she only started doing this at 9 months, for the last week she has also been able to get herself in the sitting position.
She cant crawl but can get up on all 4s and can drag herself along the floor to wherever she wants to go. She can also roll over both ways. Apart from this she really cant do much else physically.

Im not too worried about her noises and babbling as she can say mama, dada, nana, baba and a couple of other simple sounding words. It is just the physical side.

Has anyone else had babies that are a bit slower on the physical side at the check up and what did the Hv say?

I dont think it helps that my middle daughter was already walking by this stage and yet lo isnt even trying to pull herself up yet and is even unable to stand against objects. I know each child is different and if she didnt have the check I wouldnt be worried, I dont even remember what the check involves.

Amelia's at the same stage and the hv wasn't really worried because they don't really class crawling as a milestone I don't think. So I wouldn't worry :thumbup: :flow:

I wouldn't worry to much as babies can differ win sitting up, Callum only started at 7 months doing it properly. As long as shes doing it now then it shouldn't be a problem. Also they didn't ask if Callum was crawling as some babies bypass crawling and go straight for cruising/walking/bottom shuffling xx

omg seriously dont worry she is streets ahead of Fynn and Sam well bless him doesnt crawl yet at 16 months!!

At their 12 month check up which was bang on their first birthday sam was sitting without support (which he mastered at 11.5 months) and standing with you holding him (they test this for the ability to weight bear). fynn was pulling up to stand, cruising and crawling.

We havent even been refered with Sam - my HV says its the development that is important so they are doing more as time goes on rather than what they are doing. I am going to have to go back with Sam when he is 18 months as he definitely wont be walking 'sigh'

Thanks, I know I shouldnt worry and that their all different, I just find it hard not too sometimes when you see friends babies of similar ages doing alot more.
She has only just started standing when Im holding, and thats when literally holding her under her arms. Before the last week or so when I tried this she would just leave her legs in the sitting position, even when I held her in the air. I seriously cant see her walking, or even cruising anytime soon.
Thanks for the replies x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->