10 months :)

_Lexi_

Mummy to 1 perfect angel and a 6yr old daughter
Reaction score
My lo turned 10 months yesterday, which marks 10 months of breastfeeding! So proud. When I was pregnant I didn't know if I'd bottle or breast feed, but when she was born it just seemed so normal. I struggled a little as I expressed for my son before he died and my milk coming in triggered a few flashbacks, but I got there. My initial goal was 6 weeks, then 3 months, then 6 months. Hopefully we'll easily make it to a year now. I can't express, just doesn't work anymore :( my other half is starting to get upset that he can't spend time on his own with her, put her to bed etc. We'd love a date night, but I guess we'll have to wait. 9 times out of 10 she'll sleep 7pm-7am, but I know if we went out, that would be the night she'd wake wanting milk. We were hoping for a trip to Edinburgh for three days, leaving lo with my mum, but I think we'll have to take her with us now. Sometimes I do resent it a bit, being the only one that can feed her, put her to bed, I haven't had a moment away from her in 10 months, but she's only little once and she won't need me forever. We're thinking of ttc our next, but I think I'd like just one date night out first! Pretty pointless post but proud of how far we've come x

Huge congrats Mama!!! Amazing.

I could've written most of your post. While I'd love to go out for a meal with DH or to have him put her to bed or maybe even have an afternoon to myself I wouldnt trade BFing DD for anything.

6 months was my first aim. But she had much bigger ambitions (complete bottle refuser) and I'm so glad.

Now she's bigger and getting around everywhere the moments in our day where we cuddle and have a few minutes to snuggle and connect seem so so precious.

Huge congratulations! On the going out front, I always found lunch out with DH worked best, as both mine have been more content with someone else in the day time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->