10miu test, BFN 9dpo?

honeybee91

Reaction score
I have used the cheap 10miu tests and got a BFN, anyone got a BFN at 9 days and a BFP later?

I am not feeling hopefully as they are very sensitive. It just getting more & more upsetting each month. I start of the month so hopefully however after O I become so negative and down about it.

From what I have seen from other posts this is very possible. It all depends on the day of implantation which I think can happen from 6 DPO but could be up to 10 DPO therefore if you had a later implantation then there would be no pregnancy hormone in your system yet. I think it can be detected a few days after implantation that's why most people tend to get BFP's 12+ days after OV.

Good luck

x

I've also heard of a lot of women who show NOTHING on those 10miu tests from ebay until 14dpo+, even when they've got a strong bfp on a FRER. Everyone is different though. Implantation can happen from anywhere between 6 and 12 dpo and if you start off with only 1miu in your urine it would take 3-4 days to double to be strong enough to show up potentially. Unfortunately there isn't one rule for everybody. I've heard amazing stories of some women getting bfps at 4dpo up until nothing showing until they were nearly a month pregnant!!!

They are not very good at all, my friend did one on the Sunday and it was BFN, then on the Thursday BFP, a woman with twins only showed a faint BFP on the day her AF was due, and with twins you have higher levels of HCG. I have been using them and FRER and so far nothing :-( I am 10/11dpo, its not looking good for me either. Fingers crossed hun.xxxx

babydust to you all! I'm currently 7dpo (I think) and am having a month of relaxing, no symptom spotting, checking CM and CP, temping etc. Just going with the flow :) not tempted to test yet either which is good.

Hi yes very possible, I was using 10miu test and didn't get a faint positive until 11dpo, at 10dpo I was really down thinking oh well I'm out and then BFP the next day so don't sweat it!

Fingers crossed for you hun

Hey, it's definately possible. I didn't even get a hint of a line on the cheapie tests until 14dpo...sometimes, depending on when implantation occurs you don't produce hcg until later. good luck though. hope you get your bfp. x

Definitely a 9dpo test is far from conclusive, you might not have even implanted yet.

Personally (and this is where i sometimes differ from my OH), i think testing before 12dpo+ can be counterproductive, for 2 reasons.

Firstly because of the false negatives, and secondly because the chance of detecting a very upsetting chemical is so high...

Thanks everyone, I will try to stay positive. I will probably test with a Frer 12dpo.

I got a false BFN at 13dpo with an FRER -- didn't get my BFP until 18dpo with an FRER and it was still faint.

It isn't over until the :witch: shows!

I have some of those tests i bought from internet and was expecting good things as they are very sensitive (apparently) but i tested a bit early, today(i have no patience) and got a BFN ....am trying to be positive about it as no AF signs yet and also i remember from my past pregnancys that even a FRER took until i was two weeks late for it to come up as a BFP. I think it depends on the individual, its not over till the :witch: arrives!

Good luck and i hope you get your BFP next time you test! xxx

9dpo is still really early hun. Wait a little longer to test as somtimes it can take a while for implantation to happen.

I hope you get your :bfp:
:dust:

x

i agree with those tests there not very good or reliable but thats just my opinion i used them with my other pregnancies and none of them shew a bfp till a week after af was due yet clear blue and tesco's make all shew up before.

I agree with tigerlady is not over til the fat lady sings so to speak :witch: I am currently 6 days post af with bfn on sunday i am currently waiting on del of cb digi`s then i will re test if still no af! when i had my son took 9days post af to get bfp and that was wilt cheapie cb and frer both showed bfn 3 days prior and are suppose to be sensitive?? and my dr told me yesterday that at this stage implantation could still be taking place depending on ovulation and no hcg level until fully implanted! plus apparently some women take longer to implant than others even if you ovulate at same time everybody is different! hope this helps :hugs:

angeldust you had same prob as me with frer! i have cb digi`s in post am hoping for :bfp: when they arrive

lots of :dust: hope everyone gets :bfp:

hello everyone we have been trying for 4 years i am 9 dpo and have a complete negative on a 10ml test but just out of curiosity i did a ovulation test at the same time even though my af is due in 4 days but the ovulation test is dark and strong nearly as dark as the other line, could i be pregnant by the way also was awaken this morning with terribly awful abdominal cramps and a little brown discharge in the afternoon i have also had a lot and i mean alot of wind sorry to be giving soo much detail and this morning my temp was 97.7 and by the late afternoon my temp went up to 98.8 i am sooo scared and hopeful what do you think girls, please please no horrid comments my heart is far too tender right now.

i am like you - i always test too early but in a way it kind of helps me get over bfns because once i see one i expect to see another so those hopes that i build in those 10 days disappear gradually as opposed to waiting till 14 days

with that said 9dpo is too early to test and get an accurate result! defo test again in a couple of days x k x

Well I'm not gonna give you a horrid comment hun b./c it is possible you could be preggo, it's never over until af shows and sometimes there isn't enough hcg in your urine to give you a positive until well after af is due.

But also I have to say I get a lot of wind during the 2ww I think it is a common symptom during this time and regarding your pos opk could be a good sign but opks can also pick up af coming. I know I get darker lines around this time, but never a positive so it might be a good sign for you!

fx'd :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->