11dpo Neg hCG, faint line on OPK

wrapunzel

mama of four
Reaction score
I'm sorry I took the photo on a matchbox but these are from yesterday afternoon with a long hold

I've never used an OPK before but I should have ovulated on the 16th/17th, so it should be negative now right?

I'm starting to feel really upset with my body, I'm usually very in tune and aware of what it going on. My body insists it is pregnant NOT premenstrual but the tests are coming up negative and I've read if you're preggo enough to have symptoms you should be able to get a positive test???

I'm 23, had a daughter in 2014 with a totally normal uncomplicated surprise pregnancy. Nervous. Comfort me

Attachments

• 17035348_1227847650662901_2042388841_n.jpg
    17035348_1227847650662901_2042388841_n.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 70
OPKs are only positive when both lines are the same darkness (or the test line is darker than the control line). You can have lh in your system your whole cycle, it's just the surge that the OPKs pick up around O.

Also, you might be having a particularly hormonal cycle. If you are pregnant you'll know in a few days if AF is passed its date and you retest. Good luck!

Agreed. My opk usually goes white the first few days post o but then it can fluctuate from faint to nearly positive during my lp. My opk gets pretty dark right before af. If You are using opks with hpts, I found that usually the line comes back around 5dpo and gradually gets darker but an hpt will show positive before the opk hits positive again.

Thank you both so much!!! I'm really struggling right now because my LP is 16-18 days. So I'm at the point where most people would be late, but I'm not late. Such stress

:hugs: that is really aggravating. Do you temp to confirm o? Because 16-18 days is a- very long and b- lps should really only vary by a day and honestly not even that. It should be My concern is you might be Oing later than you think and your timing might be off.

This is my first month TTC so no, no temping and no OPKs or anything. I'll be using both next month because this wondering sucks!

I get pretty severe ovulation pain, always have. I started having periods at 9 years old (thanks, Sicilian blood) but I actually distinctly recall the first time I ovulated at 13 years old because I was on my first ever date, jumping and dancing, and had this blinding horrible pain in my groin. I didn't know what it was and ignored it. When I was 18 I was at a women's college and some older girls explained to me what the pain was when I was bitching about it.

I thought for sure I must have cysts bursting but I had them look during my first pregnancy and I'm normal.

Anyway the pain is almost always on one side (the side switches) and comes alongside EWCM. It is always in the first two days of when my app says my fertile window is.

I take Vitex Berry during lp to manage my extreme PMS (PMDD), which is why my lp is so long. It used to be much shorter.

Unrelated, but writing this made me realize I have always had PMDD. Most people only think about the PMS aspect but my fertile time is just as disrupted, I turn into a skank. My first ever date/boyfriend during my first ever Fertile Window? Really, hormones?

What's pmdd? Hormones do lovely things to us.

I definitely suggest temping and doing opks. I had a down to the hour clockwork 28 day cycle from 5th grade until I hit about 25. So I always assumed I was a textbook 14/14 cycle. Even my accidental pregnancies had bd on cd 14/15. But then I temped and realized I actually o cd 16 with a 12 day lp. And then I got an iud then removed it and bcp and long story short after that my cycles went haywire lol.

PMDD, Premenstrual Dysmorphic Disorder. Basically our hormone levels look normal but we overreact. Think tolerance to alcohol, we are intolerant to hormones. To get a diagnosis your PMS has to be life disruptive which mine is. I end relationships, quit jobs, occasionally (before I knew about it and started medicating and etc) threaten to hurt or kill myself, etc. During my fertile window I feel very tempted to cheat with men I am not attracted to most of the time. I like sensitive artist types like my Hubby and during my fertile window I find myself craving a... businessman? Doctor? Lawyer? Why? My ovaries demand a man with lots of money to pay for the baby apparently

A lot of the literature only talks about the premenstrual aspect but those of us diagnosed with it are trying to change that. I've talked to many other women who experience the fertile window extremes I do as well as the PMS extremes

I sympathise with you, Wrapunzel. I too suffer with PMDD and it's effing horrible

Yikes hugs to you both. I am so sorry! I'm so glad you were able to get some help/mess to help regulate it.

What are you using to medicate it? Curious. I tried microgynon but it made me crazy

Vitex Berry, Maca root, myoinositol, and 5-htp.

Dobby, Aunt Flo showed her ugly face today, two days early. I'm out

Cupcake, I haven't been on maca or myo-inositol for very long, but I am confident that Vitex and 5-htp help.

Sorry to hear that :(. You mentioned you were going to temp and do opks, fertility friend is a great app to store/analyze your data

Thanks! I use Clue right now. I am definitely going to temp but not sure about OPKs. I'm very anxious about paying too much attention, i feel like my mind has a lot of power of my body and if I watch too closely I won't get pregnant. Idk.

Also I'm sorry I said I wanted to kick your man in the nuts, I didn't know how sensitive you are about unkind words said about him. I feel like an ass

Just wanted to say, I have PMDD too, and I empathize! It's THE WORST. Hugs 🤗

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->