11DPO - OPK faint pos....OPK to detect HCG?

Sparkle2

Reaction score
Hi Ladies

So I am 11dpo, and this morning, to satisfy my urges I used an OPK.

I know that OPK’s can detect HCG and LH…and I got a faint positive……testing with first response tomorrow!

Has this happened to anyone else, any words of advice/wisdom?

Thanks and baby dust to you all.

xxx

Hi there! :flower:
I don't want to be a downer but I've had nearly positive OPKs at 14dpo (see pic) and turned out I wasn't preggers :( Buuuuut that said - OPKs can detect Hcg sooo - it's totally possible you will be getting your :bfp: very soon!
GL to you!! Keep us updated on when you test with an hpt!

Attachments

• IMG_20111030_142727-1.jpg
    IMG_20111030_142727-1.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 9
With opk's there is no faint positive it's only positive or negative I would disregard it unless it is defiantly positive most people get dark opk's throughout there cycle.

Good luck for testing With the frer hope you get your bfp :hugs:

With opk's there is no faint positive it's only positive or negative I would disregard it unless it is defiantly positive most people get dark opk's throughout there cycle.

Good luck for testing With the frer hope you get your bfp :hugs:

Sounds like you dont have a positive OPK , because for OPKs its either positive ( test line as dark or darker then the control) or negative ( test line fainter then control).
many women will get positive opks in the 2ww only to get BFN pregnancy tests and AF, it can be fun to use one when you do get a positive pregnancy test just to see how the opks can pick it up too . but OPKs themselves are not a very good indicator of pregnancy.

Sparkle2, I had the same question. I'm at 10dpo and tried to use OPKs to see what they would look like. Very faint lines = definitely negative. But hearing that others say it's not a good indicator of pregnancy make me less nervous with my results. GL to you!

It looks like you got your bfp so maybe it was onto something there after all!! I was going to say that by the time an opk has a true positive result, an hpt would already show positive. And that opk's detect an lh surge that can happen just prior to af as well. I'm glad to see that your case, you got your bfp! Congrats on that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->