12 week appt today

applecinnamon

Reaction score
Have 12 week appt. today. I'm 12.5 to be exact. The nurse told me that they may not be able to hear the heartbeat this early, and I understand that. However, if they do not hear it, is the standard procedure to do a quick scan then?

I am just really nervous they won't find it and then send me away saying they will try again in 4 weeks. I haven't had any scans and my office only does the 20 week ultrasound. I feel like I shouldn't have to wait until I'm 16 weeks to be sure my baby is okay in there.

Not sure about the protocol if they can't find the heartbeat, but just wanted to say good luck!

All depends hun
With Harry they found the hb at 12 weeks really easy :)
Are you due your 12 week scan ?

Emma

Thanks for the good luck! A 12 week scan is not the norm where I live. We just get the 20 week ultrasound.

Doctor found the heartbeat yesterday. It was 150! So, I am relieved now.

I could be wrong, but I think by 12 weeks, you should very likely be able to hear the heartbeat. I was lucky and able to hear it in the 6th week. Good luck at your appointment! I'm so anxious for mine...less than 2 weeks now...

I had a dr appt yesterday, I was 11w3d and he surprised thebheck out of me when he took out his doppler and started looking for the heartbeat.... it took him a couple of mins but he found it! I wasnt worried because I have my own doppler at home, but I think 12w your dr will def be able to find it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->