12 Week Scan.. Help or Advice..

AnnabelsMummy

Mummy to princess annabel
Reaction score
Right well i went to my doctors yesterday and she's reffering me for my 12 week scan...
but it's in a random place, which i don't even know how to get to, and really far away (on the internet it says 6 buses and 10 minute walk at the end, and no other direct route).. i'm so confused why i have to have one there, when i know the hospital does them near me..
it's in a research unit, and sounds like my doctor is sending me off to be researched :S
i told my doctor i didn't mind having blood tests to see about any abnormalities and just a normal 12 week scan... but she went all funny with me!!
Don't know alot about it, but when i asked her reply was "it's the only place in the south east that has the machines)... but surely not every woman who is pregnant from the south - east goes there....
Help or advice anyone?
Thank youu!! (my doctors are a bit useless)
xxxxxxx

hmm that does seem strange, doctor or midwife can do the blood tests themselves, so it can't be to do with that. could you not ring up the hospital where your having to go to and ask if they know of anywhere else? And haven't you got a midwife as she's the one who referred me .x

Yeah that's what i thought.. yeah i think i'm going to ring up the place.. and see what they say, and also ring my local hospital (cause i'm sure they too do it)..
yeah i have a midwife, but i still haven't met her yet, and the planned date for my 12 week scan is when i'm like 15 weeks :S..
xxxx

ha that sounds about right . My scan was really early though, had it at 8 weeks . Yeah that sounds like a good idea, if not may just be better if you go at 15 weeks, i know it seems ages away , but if that happens, atleast you'll see more:) x

If you go at 15 weeks you might be lucky enough to find out the sex! :thumbup:
I found out mine at 16+1..
ofcorse he had his legs spread wide open so it made it easy for the woman :haha:

Hahaha.. Mmm yeah true.. i just got confused about the hospital thing..
i'm coming up 11 weeks anyway.. so either way i'm not gonna have ages to wait..
and i'd quite like to knoww the sex.. so that'd be good!! :D
thanks girls..
happy christmas by the way!!
xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh