12 week scan tomorrow and I feel sick with dread

emyandpotato

Reaction score
I just need to get this out, sorry.

It's my 12 week scan tomorrow and I've been feeling sick with nerves for about a week now. I haven't been sleeping properly, I've been feeling really down, and just generally dreading it. I'm so excited to see the baby but I feel like something is going to be wrong. For the past hour I've just felt like I'm in a pit emotionally and I'm so down and feel truly awful. I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight. Has anyone had the same and all has been okay? I don't know what to do with myself.

I get the same way before my appointments. It's nerves and anxiety. I have one healthy 20 month old and am currently preggo too. It can be a scary, nerve wracking time. I hope your appointment brings you tons of relief and helps you to relax.

That sounds 100% normal :) I always freak out and get super anxious/a little depressed before a scan. Can't help but think the worst! But when you see that everything is okay-- it's the best feeling in the whole world :)
Good luck x

I can definitely relate to that. I wish you all the best for tomorrow :hugs:

definitely normal! I had a bleed at 12 weeks and was petrified but little one was snuggled in there tight. Then had growth issues at 20 weeks so had to go back for 3 more ultrasounds over the rest of my pregnancy. Each time I was a big bundle of nerves, convinced something was going to be seriously wrong. My little guy came out a bit small (under 7 lbs and 2 weeks late) but very quickly caught up and is a completely healthy 9 month old. I know it is stressful but try to take some deep breaths and relax :hugs:

I have mine next Tuesday and I am TERRIFIED!!! I keep thinking the worst. But you will be fine! Post a scan picture tomorrow to update us :)

If this is your first scan, then I say it's totally normal.
I had my first appointment at 9 weeks. My appointment was in the morning and I had to work later that day until 9pm so I knew I needed to be well-rested for the day ahead; however, I just wasn't able to rest my nerves enough to get to sleep.

I had only taken the one pregnancy test, several weeks prior to that. I knew I was still pregnant, I mean...I hadn't bled out, I was getting sick a lot, etc. but I was still so concerned about my appointment. Of course they did an ultrasound to confirm pregnancy, but I wasn't even sure if they were going to, so I was both obsessing over finding out if they were going to do a scan or not and also whether or not I was going to see/hear a heartbeat.

It's like your first time meeting this person you've created, you have every right to be nervous! But you should just relax and let it be.

Remember waiting for Santa Claus as a kid? The quicker you go to bed, the sooner it will come :)

It's a lot easier to believe it will be wonderful for others. ;) Plus, I have this really mean saying but I say it all the time anyway... if my cousin's can have 3-4 babies each and make it work then anybody can. Did you watch what to expect when you're expecting? Be Jules. I can do it!

Thanks for all the replies! Was shaking and throwing up with nerves at the hospital, but all is fine! I'm 12+5 though don't know how because I was tracking ovulation and everything and was certain I was 11+1! Here's a photo:

Attachments

• 10917668_10155128749560541_659083587_n.jpg
    10917668_10155128749560541_659083587_n.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 35
Woohoo! So cute! Congrats xxx
Might just have a big bubba :haha:

Wonderful scan! The dates are just based on how big baby is...it will change as you get further along :)

I asked if the baby might just be really big because I was sure of dates and they looked at me like I was insane! They said they're absolutely certain so :shrug:

I asked if the baby might just be really big because I was sure of dates and they looked at me like I was insane! They said they're absolutely certain so :shrug:

I was measuring 4 days ahead at my scan on Monday and I'm 100% sure of conception date, as it's an IVF pregnancy. I was 1 day ahead at my 7 week scan so my bub clearly had a bit of a growth spurt :)

That is one properly developed baby! Looks so cute! And wonderful to hear great news. Don't stress your dates. Most people will not give birth on their due date, so it's really irrelevant. I'm measuring 2-4 days behind this time around, but the progress is what matters.
With my first, they said she would be small, and she was huge! I think it's all just estimates.

Oh my goodness!! Your little bean is an adorable baby!!!

If it makes you feel better, when I was going to the doctor's to get my initial blood test results, I was panicking that it would come back as positive to syphilis, or HIV, or Hep C. I was almost in tears wondering how I would tell my husband and if I'd have to terminate the pregnancy and how I would tell everyone what happened! Of course, it was all clear, and I would have no reason to even think I would have any of that, but it didn't stop me from panicking! So silly...

If it makes you feel better, when I was going to the doctor's to get my initial blood test results, I was panicking that it would come back as positive to syphilis, or HIV, or Hep C. I was almost in tears wondering how I would tell my husband and if I'd have to terminate the pregnancy and how I would tell everyone what happened! Of course, it was all clear, and I would have no reason to even think I would have any of that, but it didn't stop me from panicking! So silly...

Oh my god I was EXACTLY the same. I was freaking out so much!! I've never ever cheated and I just had irrational fear that I may have had it for years or something and never known

Oh my god I was EXACTLY the same. I was freaking out so much!! I've never ever cheated and I just had irrational fear that I may have had it for years or something and never known

Ahahaha! We are silly :dohh: I didn't even want to put mascara on in case I was crying the whole drive home. :haha:

Are you finding out what you are having? I have a guess based on nub and skull theory but don't want to say unless you are going to find out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->