12 week scan

MummyKP

Reaction score
Anyone else mega nervous before their 12 week scan? Mine is tomorrow morning and I'm certain something will be wrong like I've had a MMC or something. I don't know why I just feel like something will be wrong. I've been the same the whole first tri. We saw baby & hb around 8 weeks, but the past two weeks I've really struggled again! Is this normal?

Feeling the same! We saw a flutter at 6 week emergency scan and have to wait another 4 weeks to have another scan. I'm petrified something is wrong :( wish I could use a Doppler but it's still a little early.

My scan is two weeks on Friday and I am completely dreading it I had a mmc but have had a healthy girly since !! Times going to go sooo slow these next two weeks I know I will be. Nervous sate when it comes around lol Iv been really negative the whole way through so far and but had any sort of scan or heart beat yet .... Just praying for a healthy baby !!!
Please update us tomorrow on how your scan goes Good luck in sure everything will be fine 😃 x

I had my 12 week scan last week Thursday and this is exactly how I was feeling. In my head I was adamant something was going to be wrong!! I think its natural for us all to worry, and also not an entirely bad thing in my opinion. I was over the moon happy to see our little one was happy and healthy, but am also glad that I was aware going in that things might not be okay. I'd much rather be aware of the possibility than be caught unawares.

Wishing you all the best of luck for your scans this week x

Yes I am concerned that I will turn up and they will say " sorry, you imagined it all, like a mad old dog..." :( I always think that will happen though, this is my 4th so might just be me....lol

I've not got to that stage yet but I do think it probably is quite normal to feel that way. I'm feeling that way myself although that may be because of the brown spotting these last 12 hours! Good luck though. Let us know how it goes!

Totally normal. I freaked out majorly at my first scan at 6+4 and then still freaked out again at my 12 week scan. I have my 20 week scan in less than 2 weeks, and again, am starting to get nervous. I'm sure everything will be fine :)

I felt exactly the same. I was so scared that something may have gone wrong and on the day of the scan I got nothing done at all because I was panicing all day. I was so relived to see that everything was alright and still really happy 3 days later. Remember mmc are rare and you are obviously aware it does happen.

Thanks ladies all went well at scan & baby was jumping & kicking around :)

LynAnne hope the spotting is nothing to worry about!

Buffy I'm sure your 20 week scan will be fine :) good luck! Will you be finding out the gender?

That is totally normal!
That is how I feel before each scan! Even now at 16 weeks, I'm still very anxious.

I had an early scan at 7weeks, I was such a mess, I cried in the waiting room, I thought I was going to faint. The scan went well, I had another one at 8 weeks, still nervous.
And for my 12 weeks, I was miserable! I was so scared about the NT measure! But everything was fine.

We are all the same :)

3liz I was the same at the early scan lol I was crying in the waiting room before even going in! It's always such a relief once you've seen that baby is ok!! I guess the reason we all worry so much is because we care! Xx

That's great news. Glad to hear baby was wriggling about for you :thumbup:

I'll be 10 weeks on Monday and will have my 12 week scan 2 weeks after that....I'm already getting nervous! Lol
I keep reciting to myself "I've had no major cramping or bleeding, and the 8 week scan was perfect with a strong heartbeat...no reason to fear."
But it's so hard not to!

Glad your scan went well!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"