12 week scan

Timtilly

Reaction score
I'm 10+5 and I'm waiting for my scan date.

When did everyone else get theirs? How many weeks when you received the letter?

Sorry I'm no help. I'm around 10 weeks, got my first midwife appointment Thursday. She books it in I think and I have to wait for a letter. Are you in the UK? They seem so much more laid back with your second child! X

I'm 10weeks 5 days too. I received my scan letter today for 3 weeks time. I'll be almost 14 weeks when I have my scan. Not happy! X

Wow I'd be annoyed if it was almost 14 weeks too!

I have my booking app with the midwife tomorrow then assume she'll refer me to your hospital for a scan date. Hoping to get the letter by the end of this week, I'm impatient to know the date!!

I had booking appointment at 9 weeks my midwife did the referral then. I received my scan letter a few days later.... I hate waiting so glad it was speedy. Hope they get a wriggle on for you x

Wow I'd be annoyed if it was almost 14 weeks too!

I have my booking app with the midwife tomorrow then assume she'll refer me to your hospital for a scan date. Hoping to get the letter by the end of this week, I'm impatient to know the date!!

I am Defo not happy. I have tried to call them 8 times today but it just rings and rings. Useless this hospital here.
You should get your letter by Monday I'm guessing. I had my booking in appointment on Thursday last week and received the scan letter this morning.

I'm in the UK. I'm 10 weeks and have my midwife appointment this week. But I received my 12 weeks scan letter/date about 2 weeks ago.

Hope you get a letter/date soon.

It's quite a good system where i live in the UK (Glasgow) - you phone a central booking line and they give you a date and time for your booking appointment and your dating scan (which they say is between 12-14w). When I had my booking appointment they gave me a date for my next midwife appointment where they said the midwife will give me a date for my 20w scan (if I make it that far!) x

My letter arrived today..for a scan on Monday 15th when I'm 14+2?!

Honestly, it's diabolical down here at the moment and the attitudes are unreal. I'll be telling them what I think tomorrow... Fortunately I don't need their appointment as I've booked a private NT scan now but it's pretty disgraceful. :growlmad:

My letter arrived today..for a scan on Monday 15th when I'm 14+2?!

Honestly, it's diabolical down here at the moment and the attitudes are unreal. I'll be telling them what I think tomorrow... Fortunately I don't need their appointment as I've booked a private NT scan now but it's pretty disgraceful. :growlmad:

14+2 I thought they could only check the nucle fold up until 13+6. That's what I was reading earlier anyway. That's disgusting that you have to wait that long. I'm thinking of booking a private scan too, they are so expensive though. X

Yeah it's 11w-14+1 they can do the NT scan (when baby measures up to 3.3 inches)

I would phone them and say you'll be too late for the NT scan by then and tell them you'll need to be seen earlier. It's not right for you to have to pay for a private scan for that when its offered on the NHS! X

It's not just the dates but the attitudes as well, it's basically tough is what they said when I called at 11+4 because I didn't have a letter.

Somehow they've calculated my EDD as 15th August but my lmp was 22nd November which makes it 13th August and my early scans agree to those dates, which I explained on the phone.

They told me themselves that it needed to be by 13+6. I'm going to complain I think, I'm loosing all faith with the system here, you can't even get to speak to anyone. The private NT was £100 so not earth breaking but yeah, it's still money!

That's a terrible attitude 😡

Hope you get it sorted x

I had my 12 week scan at 11 + 4 days, I got the letter two weeks before my scan.

I'm 8 weeks, saw my midwife for my first appointment 3 days ago, and got my 12 week scan letter through today, for the 29th feb (ill just be coming up for 12 weeks).
I think it depends on where you are and how much space they have

Yeah I'd be super annoyed!! I asked yesterday and she said it needs to be before 14 W for proper tests. I think I'm 10+2 but doctors have me down at 11 weeks today. Still no scan date. I had my appointment yesterday so praying I'll get a letter next week x

I'm UK too (South East), I didn't get a letter they phoned me instead around week 11 and just made the appointment over the phone, I was 12 plus 6 when I had my scan :)

I had my first midwife app last Friday and got my scan letter this morning. I'll be 12+4 when I have it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->