12 week testing.

littlemisscie

Carrying #3❤
Reaction score
So I have my genetic blood test/Ultrasound scheduled for the 16th. I will be 12 weeks & 5 days. I keep hearing that they can find out gender at this point too. My question is, can they see the gender in the ultrasound of do I find out when I get the lab work back the following week?

No, sexing by ultrasound isn't accurate at that point. Some will give it a go and claim to be quite accurate, but all babies basically look like boys at that stage, so I suspect it's more of a lucky guess (that statistically has to be right 50% of the time). Some of the genetic blood testing depending on what you have done though can tell you. If you want to know I would just wait a few weeks for those results rather than risk it being wrong. I had a friend who got told one thing at 16 weeks and made it all the way to 3rd tri thinking she was having a girl to find out the sonographer was wrong and it was a boy. It was all a big shock for her.

You won't be able to tell the gender by the ultrasound at this point. Some of the blood work testing can tell you the gender, some don't, it's depends on what tests you are having done. If you are having the tests done that do determine gender, they will tell you the results roughly a week later.

I can't remember the name of the test but the nurse specifically said they'd find out gender. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->