12 weeks Nub theory help?

Promised I would update after my ultrasound. The tech couldn't tell the gender because of the baby's position. A little bummed out. Also didn't find out anything else. She was very quiet and I couldn't get anything out of her. I have to wait for my doctor to tell me.

My understanding is, regardless of the angle of the baby, if the nub is parallel to the spine of the baby, it's a girl and if it's not, boy. I'm guessing girl!

I'm sorry you didn't get to find out. Fingers crossed for next time :)

Went back yesterday and they still couldn't tell. I was there for over an hour and they even made me do jumping jacks. Legs were crossed still and cord was in the way. They said they got all the other measurements they needed, so I don't have to go back for another one :(

Do you think if we pay for a 3D one, we will have better luck?

Went back yesterday and they still couldn't tell. I was there for over an hour and they even made me do jumping jacks. Legs were crossed still and cord was in the way. They said they got all the other measurements they needed, so I don't have to go back for another one :(

Do you think if we pay for a 3D one, we will have better luck?

Aw that's annoying. I think from what I've heard that 2d is actually better for telling gender as in 3D everything can look a bit lumpy and distorted until later in the pregnancy, but if you pay for an actual gender scan, they'll make sure they find out for you or if they can't tell again (surely it can't happen to you three times haha) they'll bring you back for that reason.

It's a girl. Legs were up above her head the third time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->