13 weeks and feeling full

MEPride

Reaction score
Last 5 days of the first trimester, yay!!!

I haven't popped yet but I'm at that awkward stage where my belly looks just a wee bit fat and I feel 'full', if you know what I mean. I've have to put away my skinny jeans already and unbutton other jeans.

As a first time mom, I wonder when I'll pop because now I just feel fat, hahaha.

SO, when did you all pop as first time moms? I'm looking forward to that bump!

Hi mepride... This is my first time too. Im 13+6 today and i popped last week itself. The midwife said i will show sooner even though its my first because im very tiny overall, so it depends on your frame too. i know what you mean, oh and i are sooo excited about the bump :hugs:

I popped quite late, I just looked I had a chubby stomach until week 20, when out popped the bump just before Christmas! I was so pleased as before it just looked like I'd over indulged over the festive season! :) I was pretty fit before I got pregnant though, my midwife said my relatively strong stomach muscles from all the exercise I did held it all in for longer than usual!

Enjoy your bump when it arrives, shouldn't be too long :-D

Thanks ladies. I'm 5'7" and pre-pregnancy weight was 135. I ran half marathons and am a physiotherapist by trade so am fairly in shape. One of my biggest first tri symptoms was ravenous hunger and craving anything carbohydrate (hope that means it's a girl! Haha). I gained 5-6 pounds. Thankfully the hunger eased and am back to my normal eating habits which means I haven't gained any weight in the last 2 weeks. I'm wondering if it'll take me a while to get my bump. Seems like I'm taking after my mum. She hardly had any symptoms and gained only 20 pounds for all 3 of her pregnancies. I'd ask her about the bump but her last pregnancy was 24 years ago so I'm not so confident she'd remember. 😂

Hey MEPride. Looks like you and I have the exact same gestational age. Since I had already put on a small amount of holiday weight when I became pregnant, I can't quite tell how much of my belly is a bump or just bloat. This is also my first pregnancy, and i'm already leaving my jeans unbuttoned all the time. Personally, I look forward to when the bump is super obvious.

I was exactly the same at 13 weeks with my first pregnancy. My bump grew quickly from there, and I was huge and looked like I was ready to pop by 27 weeks! lol. I always get really huge bumps during my pregnancies, though.

I've already popped lol. People are already starting to notice and ask me. I tend to pop early in pregnancy. I don't think with my DS I popped until 16 weeks but that was because I had severe MS and couldn't eat much. I tend to look full term by 30 weeks and like I'm pregnant with multiples by birth lol.

Hi MEPride! I'm also feeling full and bloated (13+3 today!). First pregnancy as well. My "bump" looks like baby (and has for a couple of weeks now), but I can still suck it in, so I know it's not actually baby… Even so, I'm embracing it and calling it my baby bump!

Thanks ladies. I'm 5'7" and pre-pregnancy weight was 135. I ran half marathons and am a physiotherapist by trade so am fairly in shape. One of my biggest first tri symptoms was ravenous hunger and craving anything carbohydrate (hope that means it's a girl! Haha). I gained 5-6 pounds. Thankfully the hunger eased and am back to my normal eating habits which means I haven't gained any weight in the last 2 weeks. I'm wondering if it'll take me a while to get my bump. Seems like I'm taking after my mum. She hardly had any symptoms and gained only 20 pounds for all 3 of her pregnancies. I'd ask her about the bump but her last pregnancy was 24 years ago so I'm not so confident she'd remember. ��

Its only my first and i dont have much experience but at least for me the weight gain didnt matter... I still have ms at 14 weeks now and actually lost weight but still have a bump. The midwife said its not to do with the weight but the way you're structured and once the uterus moves up around week 12 you could start to show, which is what happened with me. You're much taller than me and we use metric here so im not sure about the weight but if you have a strong core you could pop later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->