14/15?dpo opk positive, hpt bfn?

niyah

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I'm new here! But I have a serious question...my periods have been absent off and on the last few months and we are now ttc..

17 days ago I got the first positive OPK (ovulation predictor kit) on wondfo confirmed with clearblue digital...followed by watery cm...the OPK (ovulation predictor kit) went negative the next day

Today I took another OPK (ovulation predictor kit) and it's blaring positive even darker that 2 weeks ago....but FRER and wondfo hpt are BFN....could I still be pregnant???

g

Attachments

• IMG_6403.jpg
    IMG_6403.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 50
If you have had irregular cycles (or long cycles) it may be that you didnt ovulate first time around and are now gearing up to try again. When we were ttc #1 I had between 45 and 60 day cycles. I used opks and found quite often I would have 2 lh surges. It was as though my body geared up to ov but for some reason it couldn't. 10-14 days later it would try again. The month I fell pregnant with dd1 I had a lh surge on cd15 and again on cd28. Got a bfp at 10dpo. Had af come it would have been a 42 day cycle.

I would suggest bd-ing just in case you are now ovulating.

Opks can detect hcg too though but I'm sure I read pregnancy tests will pick it up same time as opk would xx

Thanks so much! We BD last night ironically but the crazy part is idk how long it's been positive lol i just so happen to test on a whim this morning...but we will see i suppose...i started vitex about 5 weeks ago so hopefully something great is bout to happen lol

I second Stacey especially if that opk went negative just one day later and you weren't temping. That darkness is usually what mine look like on O day or O-1 so I would get in BD today and tomorrow just cover your bases. Opks can detect hcg but I'll be honest I've never had it go positive before a hpt was positive, that's just me though. Fxed

Thank you for your insight! I'm new to these OPKs lol... this OPK is actually darker than the one I had a few weeks ago, but a few weeks ago I actually had slightly stretchy cm

I see a slight shadow but I have been burned by wondfo shadows. So I'd get the BD in just to be safe and test again in a couple days

I see a slight shadow but I have been burned by wondfo shadows. So I'd get the BD in just to be safe and test again in a couple days

Interesting! I can't see anything at all lol...thanks !

Interesting! I can't see anything at all lol...thanks !

I'm on my iPhone so I can zoom in quite a bit. I don't have the skills to tweak it and pull what I'm seeing so can't really be of much help.

I stopped using opks at the end of my cycle, because I noticed I'd always get positives before AF! :( x

I agree, BD again! Vitex is an amazing herb, I have 4 vitex babies. I don't ovulate regularly but Vitex made me ovulate and made my cycles 28 days :) Good luck!

I agree, BD again! Vitex is an amazing herb, I have 4 vitex babies. I don't ovulate regularly but Vitex made me ovulate and made my cycles 28 days :) Good luck!

Oooohh nice! Lol, well I started Vitex June 13 and I got a positive OPK exactly 7 days later! Apparently I didn't ovulate because here it is two more weeks later and no period, no BFP, but another positive OPK....would this be the Vitex working into my system or something?? Should I expect to actually ovulate after a few months of taking it???

I stopped using opks at the end of my cycle, because I noticed I'd always get positives before AF! :( x

Honestly, I would LOVEEE to see my period lol, I've only had one period since December all of a sudden after being extremely regular...so I'd at least know if my periods start coming back I should hopefully conceive a little easier...I want to temp I have a BBT but my sleeping pattern is wacky...it's sooooo much involved in this! Gosh lol

Yeah bbt is no big thing if you're getting regular sleep :(. Were you able to bd? Or take any more tests?

Yeah bbt is no big thing if you're getting regular sleep :(. Were you able to bd? Or take any more tests?

OPKs Have still been positive, this morning it's about the same as the control line...this surge is lasting wayyy longer than the one a couple weeks ago lol...I haven't even bothered another hpt lol....we only BD that night right before the OPK ...it's just so odd that a few weeks ago I had all of the signs of ovulating with a lighter test and now it's darkest I've ever had with like no symptoms..

OPKs Have still been positive, this morning it's about the same as the control line...this surge is lasting wayyy longer than the one a couple weeks ago lol...I haven't even bothered another hpt lol....we only BD that night right before the OPK ...it's just so odd that a few weeks ago I had all of the signs of ovulating with a lighter test and now it's darkest I've ever had with like no symptoms..

Saturday (today) OPK

Attachments

• IMG_6439.jpg
    IMG_6439.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 15
My surge usually last 2-3 days from initial positive to darkest back to light positive. Usually I o about 10 hours after my darkest stick (I text like 3-5x a day lol) and did bbt to confirm. Fxed. It does seem to me like you are ovulating now though especially with the irregular cycles. Have you doctor's checked for a cyst? A few years back that was causing issues with my ovulation and giving me crazy long cycles. The doctors wouldn't check because my longest was only 60 days but then I fell pregnant and at my early scan they found it just chilling being gigantic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->