15.5 Weeks and Not Really Feeling Baby Yet??

They said they think its serious, but I seem to be handling it well, so they did end up sending me home after 4 hours or so. I have to have an echo and it was marked urgent, so I guess I will get that soon. My report is that I am having frequent PVCs, followed by an excessive amount of extra beats and it is all unifocal. So its all coming from one spot and they are guessing I have a defect or scar tissue there. But they won't know for sure until the echo.

The thudding from my heart is annoying, and it does make me really very tired, so they said if I get very put off by the thudding, or if I'm getting really tired or dizzy etc, I have to go straight to the ER for monitoring. They were hoping my electrical impulses would straighten my heart out, but it never did over the 4 hours. So that bothered them too.

So I don't know really what's happening...

And 3/4 of their stupid heart pads are stuck to me, so I guess I will need a shower to get them off, but my husband used up the hot water, lol. So I guess me and my pads are gonna have a bit more time to get acquainted. But seriously, they are everywhere... My arms, shoulders, legs, boob, and the glue is all sticky when I try to pull them, but then the lead ends are flipped up and getting stuck on my clothes and pulling... Basically, I am a hot mess right now, lol.

That sounds pretty scary, but I'm sure that all will be fine since they thought it was okay to send you home. Good luck on your echo. Who knows, maybe it's something that just happens once in a while since it was never picked up before. If it is a defect or scar tissue, it must not be all that bad since this is the first you're finding out about it. Huge :hugs: Hang in there, I'm sure they will get it figured out soon.

Oh, what a nightmare with the stickiness! I hate those things! It always takes me forever to get the glue off, and I'm allergic to it so I always end up with a rash. They've never let me go with the pads still stuck to me, though. They always rip them off and sometimes take a few layers of skin with them... :dohh:

have to agree with ember, lol..the glue on those things is horrible! I think they sent me home with the pads once... I'm not exactly allergic to the glue, but if I try too hard to take it off, I end up with a rash from the irritation to my skin.. .so I usually just let it naturally come off.. takes about a week or so and sucks! Water and soap do nothing to get it off! :(

I usually wet the skin then put a generous amount of moisturizing hand soap on it and rub it in. That usually helps get it off my skin, but I then end up with a lot of it left stuck in my very fine yet abundant body hair, so it's either use a razor or just pull it out with my nails...

Good to know I'm not the only one with glue issues and these things, lol. Well, see what happened is, they set me up for an EKG, so they put like 12 of those things all over your body. Then they did a strip for like 30 seconds... like that's gonna show them anything :roll: And then, after is was over, they took them off. No biggie. But then, this nurse had this great idea to use a stethoscope to listen to my heart, and she started freaking for a monitor because I was doing it again. So then they did the super big pads, 5 of them, hooked up to the regular heart monitor. Then they called the EKG lady back, and she did another 12 of her stickies. And even though she only did another 30 second strip, she asked me not to remove them yet. So I sat there for hours with like 17 of these stickies on my, and by the time they let me go and get dressed again... the things were all melty stuck on me, lol. So I think they are staying for a bit. Oh well, its winter. No one has to know they are here for a bit, lol.

But yeah, apparently it isn't a once in a while thing. It kind of goes back years, and just points a finger at the Canadian health system. When I was admitted to the hospital for observation before having Greg, a nurse came in to do my vitals and freaked because my heartbeat was irregular. I remember she called the Dr at home in the middle of the night, and then she came back and said he'd heard it already and it was nothing. So whatever right??

So I go on, not thinking anything of it, but then I'm getting dizzy spells starting about 2 years ago, and I get really tired and my heart is thudding and I'm getting chest pain. So I tell my Dr at the time about it (the same one who said I didn't have an infection and wasn't in labour with Devon :roll: ), and he didn't even listen to my chest, he was just like 'its chest wall pain. Everyone gets it.' And I'm like, 'man, I'm getting dizzy and stuff.' And he just said it was normal. So I thought I was normal!!

And then no one has really had a reason to listen to my heart lately. Like I don't make it a habit to just ask people to listen to it you know. So then, when I was having my cerclage placed on the 13th, it happened under general anesthetic. So the surgeon freaked and called the cardiologist in. And she said it might be a one off thing, but then its done it since then, I can feel the thudding. And I guess it is just picking up, because it hasn't stopped today, even since being home.

So I don't think its a one off thing. But I don't know about the scar tissue thing. I've never had anyone do anything to my heart, so how could I have scar tissue. The nurse said I also have a grade 2 murmer, but she said they go all the way up to grade 6, so she isn't worried yet. I don't know...

But I'm skeeved about the cheap out on the ultrasound, lol. Damn, that's why I went there! I wanted her to wake this kid up and get it rolling or something, and all she got before she shut off her machine was one little arm flick, and one little leg wiggle... I got gypped!

Yay for a lazy baby!!! Glad to hear baby is doing well, hopefully there will be lots of kicks in the next few weeks, thats if baby wakes up long enough lol mine was a lazy one at my 13wk scan, just wanted to suck its thumb wasn't interested in moving around!
Hope you get an official gender update soon, i'm going for a private scan next week because i'm too impatient to wait for my 20week lol i hope baby's not an awkward one aswell as lazy!

The problems with your heart sound so scary, can't believe its been ignored for this long but hopefully they will get it sorted urgently because you are pregnant. Hope they find out what it is and treat it properly, they can't let you just walk around with an irregular heartbeat! x

as for how you can get scar tissue... I bumped into a girl on BnB who had scar tissue around her heart and they believed it was caused by having whooping cough when she was a child....
Not sure if you ever did, but sometimes things like that can leave lasting effects on the body without you knowing it etc.

Seriously?? Whooping cough?

Wow, no, as far as I know I never suffered from that as a child. I obviously told my parents about this, and they can't think of any child hood illness that would have caused this.

When it comes to childhood issues, I know I died twice after birth. Remember, this was 1981, and I guess I had fluid in my lungs, and they didn't realize it until my heart had stopped and I stopped breathing on two seperate occassions. I know they shocked me on both of those occassions, before they realized what happened...

But I don't know if that would cause issues. And I did have Chickenpox (my mom believed in exposure, lol), and I had German Measles. But that is it for childhood illnesses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->