15.6 weeks too early for Gender scan?

georgina.miss

Reaction score
Hiii, i have a gender scan booked or 5th feb- 2 weeks on Saturday and i will be 16.6 weeks pregnant however it feels like its taking FOREVER to come around!! I want to ring and see if they have anything for this saturday when i will be 15wks 6days.....Obviously i want to make sure its clearly visible so they can't give me any wrong information but im feeling sooo impatient!!!

I will be near enough 16 weeks on Saturday but should i just wait the extra 7 days?!?! xx

I'd wait it out, some can't be seen til 18 weeks, some aren't obvious until a lot later so you wouldn't want to be disappointed.

The place that does gender scans nearest to me do them from 18weeks

I had mine done at 16 weeks and 5 days... and they were able to tell very clearly it was a boy...one of the ultrasound techs said they can usually tell at 14 weeks if the baby cooperates, but she has been doing it for years, so she has alot of experience with it. Good luck!!!

yes i suppose i should wait :( it feels like forever!!!!!!

The one im going to do it from 16 weeks so i suppose at 16.6 weeks they will have an even clearer view i suppose. xxx

ooooo i kno exactly how u feel!!! weve got our gender scan booked for 2nd feb and ill be 16 weeks 4 days, 16 weeks being the earliest they do gender scans from round here and i just CANT wait lol im so excited!!!! If i were u id be tempted to ring but maybe try wait it out just incase that extra week makes a difference to ur babys 'development' lol eeekkk do u have any 'feelings what ur lil bumpie is??'

I know exactly how you are feeling. I had a gender scan done at 15 weeks 4 days as it was the only appointment they had avaliable before xmas and I didn't want to wait till January, seemed so far off, but they couldn't tell me 100% what baby was. She did guess it was a boy but said she couldn't be sure which was kind of more annoying than just not knowing at all. I had to wait another two weeks for a rescan at 17+4. It was very obvious it was a boy that time around and had it confirmed again at my 20 week scan. If you can wait then i'd recommend waiting, I think its more disappointing to really look forward to finding out to be told they can only make a guess.

I am really lucky as Dr told me at 12 week scan that she was at least 90% sure we are having a boy! Then when she showed me the image it was incredibly clear and obvious that he had a willy! I am from the UK but live in Germany and the scanning equipment here is unbelievably good, the images are so clear its untrue. I get scanned once a week as got a haematoma so have seen so much already, plus have a huge wodge of pictures which is brilliant.

I had a scan at 15+1 and it was clearly a girl :D I think it's all how the baby is positioned whether they can tell or not that soon!

I found out at 15w 1d , I have my 18 week scan tomorrow to confirm it , and then it's shopping time! :)

Our Dr said the same about the position, its all down to how lucky you get if its earlier as the baby is less likely to move into a position to be able to see the money shot at an early age. The later you go the more likely it is baby will oblige and move so you can get a clear view. She then said our boy was a show off as he kept spreading his legs!!!

aww so it is possible to see before 16 weeks!! Yeh i suppose its how the bambino is laying and bouncing i just soooo want to know now so i can get all excited - well more excited!!ha

I have no idea what it could be although i "feel" like im havig a girl i dont know why i just feel like i have a girly baby inside me not a boy! i don't believe in all the myths where you can predict the sex on your own, anyone know any that really work?!?! xx

No, it is not too early, if you have a very cooperative baby and an ultrasound tech who knows what they are doing!
if you can get a DVD of the whole thing, then when you get home watch it in slow motion, you should have the best chance of being sure of the gender!

I found out Haley was a girl at 14 wks but waited to have it confirmed at 18 wks before announcing

I had my gender scan at 16w3d - then rescanned at 17w4d - both confirmed girl... A friend of mine was told boy at her 11 week scan!!!! And they were right. I think if you have an experienced tech it will be accurate - ask for a 'potty shot' when you have the scan so you can be sure, and for them to clearly point out the bits to you!

ps ALL gender predictions and OWT are total and utter rubbish! This was mine:

Chinese gender predictor - most sites girl, some said boy
cabbage test - two very clear boy results
Ring test - girl
Fish hook eye test - girl
online quizzes - mostly boy

You really really can't tell unless you have an ultrasound. My intuition was girl at first, then very strongly boy - so you can't even count on motherly instinct!!

I had a scan at 14 +6 and it's pretty obvious it's a boy but I'll get it checked at my next scan

I had an anomaly scan at 13w6d and they told me then it was a boy. Scan at 18 weeks confirmed. It really depends on the type of equipment they have as to how much they can see and how early. Really, I'd wait it out....it's hard for sure but you don't want to get excited and then find out later that the early scan was wrong.

Yep im going to wait it out another week but its taking forever!!!!!

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->