15 months and not walking?

overcomer79

LT-TTC success 3.5yrs
Reaction score
Anyone in that situation? Did LO just take off? We have one month before dr will make us do physical therapy. I think we fixed the main issue (her lack of sleep) and now she is standing and working on standing unsupported but he wants her walking 3 steps unsupported by nov 12th? Do you think it is possible? She is cruising (finally) but she was also a late crawler at 11.5 months (but they weren't concerned?) so I just don't know what to think anymore.

George just started crawling around 15mths and was nearer 18mths when he started walking, but there was no fumbled first steps it was.. not walking to running almost! I really wouldnt worry 15mths is still early xxxxx

Yes, my daughter didn't walk until she was 16 months old. Showed little interest before that. One day when I stood her up away from support instead of plopping back down as she usually did she just stood there a while and then started walking like she had been for months! No falling or iffiness. Her pediatrician never expressed concern and I don't think it would have even been suggested to think about physical therapy until she was 18+ months. Try not to be so worried! I know, easier said than done, but going back I would have been more laid back about it. They get there when they're ready and there's quite a wide age range when it's completely normal to start walking. :)

Yea I will be rejecting it because at the time she wasn't even pulling up nor standing and had regressed but I seriously think her sleep had some to do in it. He's not unreasonable so I think I'll talk him into giving her more time. Def need her walking before new babe gets here tho.

Imsure he'll be happy to give her more time. George didnt start rolling until 12mths maybe even 13mths, and my HV was very good at reassuring me that sometimes they just go at their own pace. He did 'fail' his 9mth physical assessment becauseof it but he was just busy learning other things.... and Im sure plotting how to take over the world because now there is just no stopping him lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->