15 week old drinking 4oz every hour, help?!

dimple123

Reaction score
my baby is drinking 4oz every hour and i'm just wondering if this is normal? He goes through around 14 bottles in 24 hours (wakes for 2 feeds during the night). I've tried not giving him as much but he just screams. He used to feed every 3 hours but from around 8 weeks that all changed. He's 16lbs 10oz, and I know you're not supposed to wean until around 6 months, but I just don't know what to do!!

hi hon it does seem kind of a lot, have you spoken to hv? it could be anidea to try hungry baby milk xx

hi hon it does seem kind of a lot, have you spoken to hv? it could be anidea to try hungry baby milk xx

hes on hungry milk but it hasn't seemed to make any difference. I saw my health visitor around a month ago and she said some babies eat little and often, but this is when he was only drinking 2 oz every hour

Have you tried offering him 6-7oz feeds? Maybe he will go 2-3 hours between feeds if he takes bigger amounts in one go. 4oz at 15 weeks doesnt sound like much per feed. My DD3 is 8 weeks old and is already taking 6oz feeds (she is a total milk monster!). She goes 3 hours between feeds and wakes once in the night. xx

It sounds like you might need to offer more per feed, then the gap between should lengthen. My LO has been on 6oz feeds since 10 weeks old. She takes 5 bottles per day and none overnight.

Have you tried offering him 6-7oz feeds? Maybe he will go 2-3 hours between feeds if he takes bigger amounts in one go. 4oz at 15 weeks doesnt sound like much per feed. My DD3 is 8 weeks old and is already taking 6oz feeds (she is a total milk monster!). She goes 3 hours between feeds and wakes once in the night. xx

It sounds like you might need to offer more per feed, then the gap between should lengthen. My LO has been on 6oz feeds since 10 weeks old. She takes 5 bottles per day and none overnight.

i've tried to offer more but he just screams and pushes away :/

If I feed LO a 4 OZ bottle, then offer him more, he will push it away and not drink. But we've found if we make a 6 OZ bottle, he will eat all of it. But we can't stop in the middle or he won't finish it.

What's in the hungry milk that is supposed to make them fuller? We don't have it in the US so I honestly have no clue lol. How about switching back to regular milk and then uping his bottles to 6 or 7 ounces?

This might be an obvious one that you're already doing, but make sure you burp him half way through. If he has an air bubble in there he won't want to drink more, but it will disipate on it's own after a bit and then he'll feel hungry again. My lo sometimes starts pushing the bottle away before she's taken her full amount and if I stop then to burp her well, she'll finish it after that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->