150 lbs to lose and possibly ttc..

Yay!!!! Congratulations!!!

Hi ladies

I just read along and I hope you don't mind me jumping in. I'm in the same boat. I'd love to lose 150 lbs, but I'm trying to be more realistic considering me and my habits :haha:(check out my ticker).

Let's see. Oh, I'm a US size 20-22 in pants and a 2X in shirts. I cried the day an XL(1X) wouldn't fit. :cry:

I'm making a change and I really just need to stick with it. I always do diets and then quit. :dohh:

I've tried DVD's in the past and even working out at a community center. People make me sore and then I never exercise again so I'm trying my own home exercises that worked years ago. I want to try yoga again. I have to be committed to put in that DVD, drag out the mat, belt, and ball. :blush:

Hi mumdreamz :hi: welcome!

I'm doing the same kind of thing, just making a life style change, like you I can't stick to a diet and in the end I end up stuffing my face which isn't good!

Exactly as mummy said- if you look at it as a complete lifestyle change,more often it is more successful long term. Its hard work but take it day by day, meal by meal if you have to, and you can meet your goals in the end!

Thanks.
Do you ladies know any great recipe websites? I need to find some tasty meals to make. Already I'm getting bored with my choices and I know if I stop now there's no going back. DH is on bored with us changing our dinner habits of frozen processed food for more health friendly choices. :happydance:

I like the point of the lifestyle change. I think that's probably the hardest part that many people struggle with. We want to lose the weight, but still be the same and unfortunately the world doesn't operate on dreams.:cry:

Welcome MumDreamz!

I agree, a lifestyle change is what will work. Don't do anything too drastic at first. The main changes I have made are that I just shop the perimeter of the grocery store. That is where you find your meats, produce, and dairy. The interior aisles are all your processed foods. I also now eat more veggies than starch. I haven't given anything up per se other than soda. I find that for myself I know that isn't going to be my last cookie, my last chip, my last anything so I just eat in moderation. Portion since and activity is key, even if it is only for a walk. You can do this!!

ok y'all, I bought myself a Valentine's gift, the Fitbit Charge HR! I am so excited to use it! I want to be able to see the calories I am burning!

I downloaded an app with some recipes on, also if you are on Facebook search for groups such as "low calorie meal ideas" they tend to have good ideas that people share. :)

Ooh I'm so jealous of your valentine gift Ali, I really want a fit bit! :haha:

So this morning I don't know why, but I'm not feeling overly motivated, I'm not going to slip up though I'm determined to fight through these silly urges for bad food.

Have a great day ladies x

Just take it one step at a time! If you have to have something then just have it in moderation. Don't beat yourself up over it. As you start to eat better those cravings will past. I don't have them anywhere near like I used to.

I picked up the americab heart association low salt cook book. Some of the recipes are bland but a lot of them are really good. They are all low sodium and a lot of them are low calorie as well. I also use the "Mrs. Dash" line of seasonings as they are all salt free. I will put some on chicken, pork chops, beef etc and then pair it with a veggie and salad or Texas toast (carbs I know but I found a lower sodium kind so it gives us bread we can actually eat).

I am all about low sodium. I just add a ton of black pepper lol

So I went for 4 walks today, only my breaks, at lunch, and a short one after dinner. I am feeling so motivated!!!

way to go!! that is amazing! keep up the great work!

Thanks everyone, I have really great ideas now for dinner now. :happydance:

Ali, let me know how the fitbit is. I've heard about the craze, but I wasn't sure about getting one since all I hear is that it counts your walks. It's winter and I'm not doing any walking at the moment. Does it have other advantages making it worth the price?:coffee:

Hello ladies. So this week so far I have been very good. I still aren't managing excersise, here in the UK the weather is just awful, always rains!

But meals wise I'm doing good. Hope all you ladies are ok.

Great job mummy!!

I've been doing great food wise (other than some sugar cookies DH wanted to make the other night...) But have not made the gym in a week....will get back soon though :thumbup:

Thanks everyone, I have really great ideas now for dinner now. :happydance:

Ali, let me know how the fitbit is. I've heard about the craze, but I wasn't sure about getting one since all I hear is that it counts your walks. It's winter and I'm not doing any walking at the moment. Does it have other advantages making it worth the price?:coffee:

I love my Fitbit! I have the Charge HR. It tracks all my steps, heart rate, calories in and calories burned, tracks my sleep, when I go on walks it tells me how many calories I burned, my average heart rate during the walk, how many mins cardio, how many mins fat burn. It is freaking awesome and I love it!

Great job mummy!!

I've been doing great food wise (other than some sugar cookies DH wanted to make the other night...) But have not made the gym in a week....will get back soon though :thumbup:

Nutrition is 90%!

Hello ladies. So this week so far I have been very good. I still aren't managing excersise, here in the UK the weather is just awful, always rains!

But meals wise I'm doing good. Hope all you ladies are ok.

Like I said before, nutrition is 90%. If you eat right the rest will follow.
:happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"