15DPO - I'm back! And I have good news!

good luck for tomorrow. Let us know what she said, i am keeping everything crossed for you x

Well, OH is off to the pub to play pool (loser) so I'm going to have a bath and play on my CSI game (loser).

See all you ladies in the morning with an update from Western Medicine! :hugs:

what about stoppin everythin apart from the preconception vits just to try and get this cycle finished? r u using opks or the cbfm? when i used opks i kept missing my surge as my periods r not regular with cbfm last cycle i ov day 11 and this cycle day 17

Hi Katie, how rubbish.

I'm 31 have nooo patience whatsoever. I started ac in Nov had normal af (regular cycle = 6 months). This cycle had a lh surge with ac (pos opk) on cd24, so was convinced I o'd. On cd35 had ewmc, did another couple of days opks which were pos. I also had a temp increase.

Even my OH said we should have tried earlier, but I wanted the career, house then the baby. Now I really envy those with regular 28 day cycles!

I really hope they get your cycles sorted!

Katie (and the other girls),

Look, I'm not saying you have to let nature take its time but it just concerned me that the month you started taking soy and ac is the month your cycle has gone mad, and that perhaps you should stop taking them and let your body do its thing. I totally sympathise with the age thing, and I wish you all the best at the docs xx

Hi Faythe. I for one can sympathize with Katie all the way. My last cycle was 72 days and I DIDN'T take any supplements like soy or AC or anything. My body just never got itself worked out. And I had been off birth control for about 4 months. At CD60 I decided enough was enough and made an appointment with a doctor. I am 28 years old, so I have a little bit more time than Katie, but am not blessed with nearly 20 more years of fertility either. Anyway, my doctor's point of view was, it doesn't matter how long you've been off birth control, if your body's "broke" then fix it. There's no sense in waiting it out and hoping that your period will eventually show up or not. The cycle lengths prior to the 72-day one were 39, 55, and 45 days each. When I finally saw my doctor, he also told me that he doubted I would have started my next cycle on my own for a while anyway, because it was clear to him that I was not ovulating. He prescribed Provera to get the ball rolling, my period started, and 2 weeks later I actually ovulated. Which for me is extremely early compared to my previous 3 cycles. I truly believe that Provera is responsible for that.

Anyway, sorry for rambling, but, I don't believe that Katie's vitamins are the sole or even the main reason for her long cycle. (I am one of those who tends to believe that soy and agnus castus is probably just a bunch of hokey anyway.) But I think it just happens sometimes when you come off the pill, and she's been off of it for nearly 5 months now, that's plenty of time for the body to sort itself out a little better than it has. If she wants to seek medical assistance then I fully support her because I've been through it myself.

I know you're trying to help, and with the best intentions. We all are. I also would agree that maybe stop taking soy and AC because it's not likely THAT helpful (just my opinion, and not based on any science.) But I think you just have to really understand where she's coming from. :hugs:We're all just so desperate for the :baby:

Good luck today Katie - I hope you get your af going again and hopefully next cycle you will O on your own and get preggo! Wohoo! Let us know chicklen how you get on!!

good luck hun!!!! may be worth asking the doc on her view on soy and AC thou.........

I'm dying to know the outcome of today... Namely that they have given katie provera and told her not to worry all is fine... As I am sure it is! :argh: she had a viewing/evaluation straight away after the docs didn't she???

yip, she had an evaluation i think....come on Katie, we are all very excited to hear what the doc said? x

Me tooooooo & I'm off work today so I have nothing to do except refresh this thread... well actually I have tons to do, but I'm just going to keep refreshing this thread :blush:

xx

It's killing me too!

Think I'll go and hoover and hope she's updated when I get back!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->