16&Pregnant and Teen mom

Iv watched the odd episode here and there. Not something i would go out of my way to watch but if its on and theres nothing else :shrug:
I get why people are picking up on the fact not many BF. I dont think that it is meant in a 'they should be and are bad for not doing it' way, but speaking as a young mum who does BF the majority of teen mums i know think its weird/effort.
It's really irritating, it would be nice if they showed one who did to maybe give the teen population who watch it the idea that it isnt disgusting :(
xxxx

I agree, I don't have a problem with FF but it would be nice to see a bit of a balance of BF and FF mums. Some of the teenagers who watch this idolise these girls as they have become 'celebrities' in the US (which I think is totally wrong btw) so it seems a shame that they will watch a scene in which a mother and daughter discussing how breastfeeding apparently makes your breasts go saggy and actually believe it!

They may as well be celebrities, MTV pays them $60,000 to appear on the stupid show. It's so wrong.

I wouldn't be surprised if young teenagers started getting pregnant so they had a chance to become reality stars themselves!

I think most feedings on tv should be breastfeeding, to help normalize it and get the "ick" out of it... shame something so normal is the minority....

My point exactly on what I mean about bad publicity... shame people continue to get pregnant at such a young age... why make it seem more normal? Fuel to the fire is all... exploit these teens who shouldn't even be in the situation at hand... shame!

Interestingly enough, the Simpsons and Family Guy are pro-breastfeeding, especially Family Guy. Lois is still breastfeeding baby Stewie long past one year (and even his father Peter tried once because he wanted to know what it was like to be a mother).

The only time breastfeeding was given a negative image was when Marge Simpson gave birth to twins (Bart and his evil twin brother). The evil twin brother attacked + bit Bart's arm, so Marge says, "I think I'll bottlefeed that one.........."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OkcucXIuVI

hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!! Oh that just made my night!

I think that show would be a bit better with more diversity. The only big difference so far is that one gave the baby up for adoption and they're the only semi-happy couple! It would be interesting if they included more of what could actually happen like maybe twins (I heard they will in another season but that one isn't out here yet) or someone with a disabled child or a really poor family that has to go to the welfare office and is struggling.

They've done twins in the 2nd series of 16 & Pregnant! MTV already showed it but they still do re-runs :thumbup: and the 1st series one of the girl's babies did have some sort of disability or illness... can't remember what though (she isn't on any teen mom's though!) x

So I heard on the radio today that Amber is pregnant again. She doesn't know who the father is.

So I heard on the radio today that Amber is pregnant again. She doesn't know who the father is.

that was on one of the tabloids at my grocery store but i didnt think it was really true! lol

She claims shes not pregnant. She just got Leah back from Gary this month..hes had her since Oct.

She claims shes not pregnant. She just got Leah back from Gary this month..hes had her since Oct.

Whoa! That would kill me to be away from my daughter that long that's sad :nope:

She's gonna have a hard time getting him to propose again now! :haha:

She was rumored to be pregnant in October- she denied that. This is now a new rumor. Here is the story about it:

The mag claims that the 20-year-old Indiana native took a home pregnancy test - yielding positive results -- on December 4, and that Amber "has been with so many guys in the past three months," she reportedly has "no idea" who fathered the child.

As previously reported on AccessHollywood.com, it's been a tough few months for Amber. The reality mom was reportedly reunited with her 2-year-old daughter, Leah, in late November after the child was placed with her father (Amber's ex-fiance, Gary Shirley) following an investigation by Child Protective Services.

Amber was seen kicking and punching Gary on the MTV show while their daughter was in the room, and was subsequently charged with two felony counts and one misdemeanor count of domestic violence and battery, for her alleged actions against Gary.

So who can't wait for Teen Mom Season 3 and Teen Mom 2 Season 1 to come on air?

I suspect this might be the last season of Teen Mom, since Teen Mom 2 is airing on January 11 here in the States and will probably take over in place of the original.

The new moms are Leah Messer, Jenelle Evans, Chelsea Houska and Kailyn Lowry.

Just a note, I think Jenelle will be the new "Farrah" (most disliked) on the show. If you watch the trailer and 16 & Preg, she's constantly fighting with her mom on the show and always partying, never there for her baby. In the trailer, she's shown pushing her mom down. :nope:

Here's a video of the promo:

https://www.examiner.com/mtv-in-nat...n-mom-2-meet-the-new-cast-of-moms-video-video

I can't wait! They probably won't get here to S. Africa for a looong time though :( We're just now on Episode 4 of Teen Mom season 2.

Looks like it's going to be interesting!! I automatically disliked Janelle the most from 16&Pregnant anyway with the way she spoke to her mum, always threatening to take the baby away if her mum wouldn't babysit :nope:

Leah was the girl who had twins wasn't she? Wonder how her love life spanned out after she dumped the girl's dad for her ex who wasn't interested in her or her babies :( x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->