16&Pregnant and Teen mom

^It was a girl with dark hair, she had a daughter, and she lived with her dad, if that rings a bell.

And I found it absolutely did NOT glamourize teen pregnancy at all! Although one problem is that teen lovers usually don't think it will happen to them. They'll end up happily ever after with the whole castle & unicorn. Well, we all know how that pans out most of the time.

oh gosh that's why they came up with this show. I can't believe how dumb I am! LOL no seriously. I always thought it was about accepting teen moms who didn't graduate high school but what you said made total sense. I personally can't watch it, but then I just hate all reality shows :) too much reality in my life as is :)

I don't know why people are always picking on the guys on these shows, sometimes the girls are just as worst, one episode of 16 & pregnant that I've seen the girl on it keeps getting angry with her mum because her mum wants her to stay home and look after the baby and she wanted to go out and see her friends every night, her mum practically did everything, they're okay as programmes but like everything on tv needs to be taken with a handful of salt :flower:

^^^ I agree! Like I've said before, Amber (from the 1st series) is absolutely horrible to her poor fella! Apparently in the new series that hasn't aired here yet she beats him up and is arrested :dohh: And I think the girl you're talking about may be Janelle... she was the one always going out and talking to her mum like crap x

I don't know why people are always picking on the guys on these shows, sometimes the girls are just as worst, one episode of 16 & pregnant that I've seen the girl on it keeps getting angry with her mum because her mum wants her to stay home and look after the baby and she wanted to go out and see her friends every night, her mum practically did everything, they're okay as programmes but like everything on tv needs to be taken with a handful of salt :flower:

I agree. I just get upset because the most recent episode the Dad was so lazy and just wanted to play video games all day/night and not be bothered getting a job. No offense to any teen parents out there.. but it's just kind of hard to stomach watching some of these teen parents. I worry that the babies aren't getting the proper care because these kids are so clueless. I guess being a Mom myself makes me think like that. And believe me.. I have plenty of friends that were teen Mom's and they were amazing Mother's. It's just some of these parents on these shows are AWFUL. I don't know why I watch.

^It was a girl with dark hair, she had a daughter, and she lived with her dad, if that rings a bell.

And I found it absolutely did NOT glamourize teen pregnancy at all! Although one problem is that teen lovers usually don't think it will happen to them. They'll end up happily ever after with the whole castle & unicorn. Well, we all know how that pans out most of the time.

Yep that's the one I'm thinking about (series2) - the girl wore quite a bit of make up? And she ended up ringing her dad in floods of tears to come home as she was absolutely distraught over the text the baby's dad had sent her :nope: I think they also went and changed the baby's surname too as he didn't want anything to do with her :( x

I remember that one! When she read that text I cried for her it made me feel so bad that anyone could say that to someone else. I don't remember exactly what he said, but it was so horrible. :cry:

I remember that one too. At one point he called her a stretch-marked cow and said he never wants to see her again. And then went on to call his daughter a mistake. Poor girl. I wonder how she's doing now.

I love it! But Amber does my nut in :grr: All she seems to do is scream at Gary while poor leah just wanders round by herself :(

The rest seems like good mums really- even if they do formula feed :roll:

xx

I think my jaw just dropped. Was that a dig? I don't understand, YOUR a FF.

I'm somewhat confused by what you meant?

ETA - I see now, you were referring to the posts above. Sorry, thought you were being somewhat harsh. xx

noo sorry hun not a dig! I am a FF lol!! Just being sarcastic about where the topic was heading xx

I love it! But Amber does my nut in :grr: All she seems to do is scream at Gary while poor leah just wanders round by herself :(

The rest seems like good mums really- even if they do formula feed :roll:

xx

I think my jaw just dropped. Was that a dig? I don't understand, YOUR a FF.

I'm somewhat confused by what you meant?

ETA - I see now, you were referring to the posts above. Sorry, thought you were being somewhat harsh. xx

noo sorry hun not a dig! I am a FF lol!! Just being sarcastic about where the topic was heading xx

I know sorry, that's what smart arse me gets for reading the first and last page before the middle ha! I get what you meant now haha xx

Teen Mom I love, but 16 and pregnant just pisses me off. The kids on there absolutely amaze me (not in a good way) in how they act.

Iv watched the odd episode here and there. Not something i would go out of my way to watch but if its on and theres nothing else :shrug:
I get why people are picking up on the fact not many BF. I dont think that it is meant in a 'they should be and are bad for not doing it' way, but speaking as a young mum who does BF the majority of teen mums i know think its weird/effort.
It's really irritating, it would be nice if they showed one who did to maybe give the teen population who watch it the idea that it isnt disgusting :(
xxxx

Iv watched the odd episode here and there. Not something i would go out of my way to watch but if its on and theres nothing else :shrug:
I get why people are picking up on the fact not many BF. I dont think that it is meant in a 'they should be and are bad for not doing it' way, but speaking as a young mum who does BF the majority of teen mums i know think its weird/effort.
It's really irritating, it would be nice if they showed one who did to maybe give the teen population who watch it the idea that it isnt disgusting :(
xxxx

I agree, I don't have a problem with FF but it would be nice to see a bit of a balance of BF and FF mums. Some of the teenagers who watch this idolise these girls as they have become 'celebrities' in the US (which I think is totally wrong btw) so it seems a shame that they will watch a scene in which a mother and daughter discussing how breastfeeding apparently makes your breasts go saggy and actually believe it!

xxxx

I agree, I don't have a problem with FF but it would be nice to see a bit of a balance of BF and FF mums. Some of the teenagers who watch this idolise these girls as they have become 'celebrities' in the US (which I think is totally wrong btw) so it seems a shame that they will watch a scene in which a mother and daughter discussing how breastfeeding apparently makes your breasts go saggy and actually believe it!

They may as well be celebrities, MTV pays them $60,000 to appear on the stupid show. It's so wrong.

I wouldn't be surprised if young teenagers started getting pregnant so they had a chance to become reality stars themselves!

I wouldn't be surprised if young teenagers started getting pregnant so they had a chance to become reality stars themselves!

Probably happened. Hey a chance to be on TV and make some serious money!:wacko:

i watch it.. i find it intresting some times :)

It's already happening. My cousin loves that show, she just turned 15 and she's a few months pregnant!! She even told me she wanted to get pregnant because she felt left out because everyone around her was having babies and the girls on tv were too. :nope:

I watch it:)
Some of them just really annoy me though!

It's already happening. My cousin loves that show, she just turned 15 and she's a few months pregnant!! She even told me she wanted to get pregnant because she felt left out because everyone around her was having babies and the girls on tv were too. :nope:

nothing to add to the topic but wanted to mention the extreme cuteness of your baby!!

xxxx

They may as well be celebrities, MTV pays them $60,000 to appear on the stupid show. It's so wrong.

I think most feedings on tv should be breastfeeding, to help normalize it and get the "ick" out of it... shame something so normal is the minority....

My point exactly on what I mean about bad publicity... shame people continue to get pregnant at such a young age... why make it seem more normal? Fuel to the fire is all... exploit these teens who shouldn't even be in the situation at hand... shame!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->