16 weeks pregnant.....

gingajewel

Mommy to Megan
Reaction score
...and still throwing up all the time, feel sick all the time and have a horrible taste in my mouth 😞 so over feeling like this 😞😞

Im much bettrr thsn i was but im too still having bad days..
Was only 3 days ago i was throwim up in the street

I totally feel ur pain hun xxxx
If its really takin its toll try docs for meds x

Glad ur feeling a little better hun, its just awful. Ive got meds from the doctors but they make me feel so exhausted and a million times worse so I'm trying not too take them, feeling like this just sometimes gets me really down xx

There are more than 1 kind of antisickness Hun, ask to change if it's bad. I had cyclizine to start with, after it making me feel worse for weeks I was told to list it as an allergy and given a combination of 2 to take and I felt almost normal!

Massive :hugs: My hyperemesis lasted until 15 weeks ish and was horrific. I really hope it passes soon for you xx

Cyclezine is what they give you after an operation aswell it's a good anti sickness drug supposed to work really well! But the midwife told me some it makes feel worse so it's a risk you need to take, if your bad anyway then it's worth a shot to see if it helps
Good luck hope your feeling better and soon xx

As above - cyclizine is widely used & often effective - even given to cancer patients after chemo to stop the sickness, but that also shows how strong it is. I was admitted to hospital after weeks of sickness & cyclizine tablets making me feel very high but very sleepy & they injected with it which is what told them I couldn't take it any more - my temperature went extremely high and I couldn't stop shaking & vomiting. Cyclizine is effectively an antihistamine, which are known to cause drowsiness etc...the side effects are normal, but there are many milder alternatives! Don't suffer in silence! :hugs:

I was also on cyclizine and the effect was instant and amazing. I could function again.

Hope you feel better soon! Im 21 weeks and have not long lost the yucky taste in my mouth. And i finally only get ms maybe one or twice a week now and no more all day nausea.

Sending you big hugs xxx

I had vomiting starting in week 9 and it started to get worse at week 14. Finally went on Diclectin, but around last week, I really started to feel some anxiety (haven't had an episode since Jan) and lots of trouble sleeping, so I'm starting to wean myself off of it and am feeling better.

Make sure to talk to your doctor or midwife and see about some options. The 8 weeks that the meds worked well was a great relief.

Thanks so much everyone, (sorry both of these are probably spelt wrong!) I had metroclopramide which made me so exhausted that I couldn't get up for work and then the doctor gave me cyclizine and I literally slept for a whole day after I had taken one. The thing is I still have to get up with lo and get her to school and then me to work so I feel like I'm in a no win situation 😞
What time would you recommend taking the tablets? I just feel like I have a really extreme reaction to them.
Sorry for the negative post, feeling really down today, thankyou for all your advice xx

Don't worry about being negative Hun. When my sickness was at its worst I felt horrific and couldn't work let alone look after my two girls.

I had to take mine every eight hours( cyclizine) roughly I took it at 7am,3pm,11pm.

I really hope you feel better soon xxx

Thanks Natasha, I'm thinking of trying one on a night about 7.00ish and then that's twelve hours before I have to get up for work......i shouldn't still be exhausted by then should I?

I wouldn't have thought so hun. You should be fine. I remember feeling very tired and often headachey on them but my body did adjust. Let me know how you get on :hugs: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->