17 month old won’t tilt head up to drink from sippy

nnaime

Blessed Mother of 2 little ones
Reaction score
I've got a 17 month old that still won’t hold his sippy cup up to drink from it upright. I’ve tried giving the cup on a high chair and they give up and I’ve tried many many times to assist and hold the sippy up and he fights me with all his strength to pull the sippy back down and sips like a straw and won’t get anything so he will lay himself down to drink.
I give him open top cups sometimes with water and he does okay with those until it’s At the bottom of the cup.
Other times he gets water in straw cups. I have 360 cups but he doesn’t like them for some reason.
Should I cut out the Sippy?
Please help me

I’m sorry if you already tried this, but have you modeled rather than assisted? I had to take my son’s 360 cup and overexaggerate drinking from it. Once he saw me doing it, he wanted to do it.

Is it that big an issue? Honestly I wouldn’t worry about it unless it’s causing problems where he isn’t getting hydrated or like if a caretaker has complained but that’s just me

I'd just use the straw. It's meant to be pretty good for developing their mouth muscles.

My son was exactly like this! Except he was just pure lazy! Haha I'd have to hold the cup up for him to drink, but I did eventually buy the cups that has a straw instead of the ones you need to tilt. It worked and only needed it a few weeks and he used all his other cups then with ease!

Must be a lazy boy thing, my daughter was lifting up her own cups from 6 months so easy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->