:'(

AngelofTroy

Reaction score
I am so confused! Micah woke 6 times last night, crying each time :( the first time I went in and resettled him, the 2nd time I bf him then OH settled him. 3rd time by the time I'd found my glasses and put my slippers (less than a minute) on he was fast asleep again.. so the 4th time I just waited to see if he would settle on his own as I didn't want to get up again for no reason and I'm ashamed to say I don't remember anything after like how long he cried for because I woke up an hour later! I'm so worried he might have cried himself to sleep :( so then the 5th time I jumped up quickly, put on my slippers and... he went quiet again! I got back into bed but couldn't sleep and 20 mins later I'm up feeding him.

I'm so confused, everything is blurring into one and I don't know I've traumatised him by not going to him that time. Ugh ugh ugh so exhausted and guilty. I don't know what to do, when I get up he doesn't even need me but other times I wait and see and he screams :'(

Until this f-ing 4 month regression he slept an 11 hour stretch at night 90% of the time! Will we ever go back to that??!

Hi Angel, My LO is the same age and every so often he will wake up crying briefly then go back down and turns out he has just cut his first tooth so you think maybe he early teething?

Don't feel guilty either just cos you fell asleep, exhaustion will do that to you. He knows his Mum is there for him and won't remember the odd lapse!

Sleep reg is TOUGH! Takes me back to the good ol days of newborn!! Just when you think everythings settled down a bit hay!

Gabriella has been doing this for the last 2 weeks as well. It is totally exhausting. Please don't worry. I think it's very likely that he just went straight back to sleep. If he had carried on crying for any length of time you would have woken up, I have no doubt. Gabriella is still in our room at the moment and I can tell you that the majority of the time with these night cries she's still asleep and doesn't seem to even know she's crying out. Don't feel guilty, you're doing your best. Hopefully this regression passes soon xx

My LO wakes up at least 6 times during the night needing resettling. Like you when I go into him he's often fallen straight to sleep and other times I'll wait only for him to cry louder. Some times he cries for a couple of minutes but then settles himself back to sleep. You only need to look at him to see he's not traumatised! Often babies will cry in their sleep or while transitioning sleep cycles so I was advised to wait a couple of minutes to see if he settled himself as he might not be awake properly and going into them could wake them up more. No need to worry xx

My LO is the same age and does the same. I give him about 30 seconds to see if he's just blarting (as in a one cry wonder!) or if he needs me. Generally when he wakes in the night he needs me so then on with the slippers and hoody (our flat is cooooold!) and up I go! I've stopped putting my glasses on at night and taking my phone as I was waking up so much even when he went back to sleep I'd be up for hours!

My theory is if I've gone back to sleep then he has too, because you know it when he screams, I'd hear it, my OH would hear it, the neighbours would hear him! And the monitor is by my head.

I'm sure that he just went straight back to sleep and was just testing you ;)

11 hours....bet you miss that, I want to get there!!

Aww so sorry you're going through this dumb 4 month regression! It was awful for us! It does pass - hang in there.

I am sure your baby did not cry himself to sleep. I've done the same as you and always worried, but my pediatrician explained to me that moms are programmed to respond to your babies. Even prior to the invention of baby monitors, moms were easily woken by their waking baby and tended to them accordingly. If he needed you, you would have heard him.

This 4 month sleep regression is definitely hell! Rylee had a decent night last night tho... only woke every 2-3 hrs as opposed to every hour like this past week.

Still going through it myself. Its slowly getting better..(I think..)

:blush: 30 seconds? I'm a terrible mother :nope: I leave him a good couple of minutes. Periodically he cries for no real reason and then is back asleep. I do check quicker if its like a distressed cry or something.

Think it took us about 4 weeks Ish to get back to normal tho he is randomly waking again now....mainly he ends up wedged somewhere upside down back to front Inside out!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->