18 Weeks totally Exhausted and still Feeling Sick

LittlemissH

Reaction score
Hey Ladies not posted for a little while. I'm now just coming up 18 weeks with my first baby and a little concerned.
I had a pretty rough first tri and was hopeful that id start to feel better, ive had a period of 3 or 4 weeks where ive had more energy. In the last week however i feel absolutely exhausted, on Friday i practically slept for 36 hours straight. I feel so lethargic i cant find the energy or enthusiasm to do anything. Usually walking the dog perks me up an bit but its just not working. I constantly feel queasy, restless and even unloading the washing machine is giving me palpitations...yuck. Any ideas if this is normal? Iron levels are good but BP is low/very low.

Drink loads of water for the BP.. Try to eat little and often, and don't worry.. I said just on another post that everyone thinks you're supposed to be better in the second trimester but it's not like that for a lot of people.

The baby growing is probably taking it out of you. Palpitations are normal, as is shortness of breath even with normal iron levels.

It is exhausting the whole way through I think.. You have days were you're feeling great and others where you just can't get out of bed.. Usually when baby is having a growth spurt!

x

Hiya

my 1st tri was constant sickness, I've just had a few weeks now of it all eazing off and not as much throwing up. The last few days I am totally drained and like you the palpitations are getting on top of me, they even wake me up :nope:

Yes, I'm sick of people saying it all gets better now. It hasn't! And I'm 15 weeks.

I had probably a good four days where I was like "This is it! I've made it! I have energy! Look out world!" and then BOOM... exhaustion like nothing else. And then the crushing migraines started, followed by more nausea and digestive upsets. Not as much sickness as first tri, but still enough to ruin your day. In fact, I think the exhaustion is worse - I'm just incapable of doing anything.

So sending you hugs in sympathy :)

I'm 18 weeks and still feeling pretty crappy. Started to perk up slightly last week, possibly due to eating lots of salad and meat, but must have been feeling a little better to have prepared decent meals in the first place. The previous few weeks I've barely had the energy to throw oven chips and frozen crap in the oven. 3 days a week I have a massive afternoon nap. Hope you feel better soon.

Baby goes through a growth spurt around 18 weeks which can make you feel pretty sick again I know for me I was fine for 4-6 weeks then got sick again around 17 weeks was crapfor a week and that was what the doctors said to me hope you feel better soon

I could've written this thread myself! Although I felt better for a couple of weeks from 13-15 weeks I've started feeling weak and light headed again, morning (and evening) sickness has returned and I've started having headaches again :( I think my bp is quite low 98/52, I wonder if that's anything to do with it?

Thanks Ladies :hugs: , at least i know im not that abnormal! The digestive upsets have been an ongoing thing for me, i cant seem to go a few days without some sort of digestive issue and it always seems to ruin my day! I feel like im constantly doing only half of what i would usually be able to do and everything seems like such bloomin hard work.

Fingers crossed it starts to improve soon or the next 22 weeks are going to be hard work!! :cry:

XxX

Hopefully you will soon be feeling better. When I was pregnant with my son I was horribly sick for the first 14 weeks, then after that I was just bloody EXHAUSTED the whole time. My iron levels and BP were fine, and I just had to deal with it. To be honest it was horrible and this pregnancy has been so much easier (mild nausea in first tri, and a bit more tired than usual since then but not needing to sleep all the time or anything like I did with my son).

Anyway I mention this not to scare anyone into thinking that it's going to happen to them for the entire pregnancy like it did with me, but more to reassure you that it's possible to have a difficult pregnancy but a perfectly healthy baby and no lasting problems (2 days after giving birth, I felt better than I had for the previous nine months!) It also doesn't mean that all your pregnancies will be like that (if you have more children after this one).

:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->